Insecure

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hey girls :wave:
Ok this will sound so pathetic and sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself but I'm not! I'm worried OH doesn't fancy me anymore. I've spoken to him about it and told him how I'm feeling and he says he does fancy me and thinks I'm more beautiful than ever but I still have that niggling feeling that he no longer finds me attractive. (God this sounds so desperate housewifes!)
I trust him to be honest with me and do believe that he would tell me if he didn't and nothing has changed between us for me to think that he doesn't so I don't really know why I feel like this. I've not always been happy with the way I look but who is? I've never worried about him not fancying me at all until now. I don't know whats wrong with me! I keep talking about it to him and he's starting to get a bit annoyed because I'm always going on about it and he has to constantly reassure me which isn't fair on him. I really need to get a grip of myself! Its not like I've let myself go, I always make an effort with myself, even just to go to work although right now I'm sitting here in trackies looking scruffy because their the only clothes I'm comfortable in at the moment! I wonder how he could find me attractive when my boobs are like road maps, they leak milk, I've started to woddle a bit because my legs hurt so much, my hair is constantly greasy even when I've washed it and my ankles are the size of elephant feet! He says it doesn't make a difference and I'm still gorgeous but I really don't feel it and just feel so insecure. Sorry for the moan girls, I've just read this back and its sounds so ridiculous! I seriously need a good kick up the arse I think! Thankyou for reading and sorry for the big whinge! :hug: :hug:

Aw hun Im sure he means what he says after all you are carrying his baby in your tum, whats more special than that?

My hubby thinks Im more sexy when Im in my scruffs looking a right mess :roll: he also told me when in labour with DS he had massive waves of emotion and got really randy because I was going through it for him and our son :shock: :roll: :wink: How appropriate :lol:

Aww hun, have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: Just know that you are not alone and I think most us feel like this at some point as we get towards the end of pregnancy and feel like the side of a house! :oops: :lol: At least your OH is being supportive and reassuring, you really should hang onto him he sounds like a treasure! :hug: Mine just takes the p*** if I have a moan or ask him how I look, but I still know he loves me and thats what matters. Just rest assured that in a few weeks time you can begin to get your body back and having your little baby as well will do wonders for your confidence. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hun... this is normal!! I spent an entire night sobbing my heart out telling Ewan that he was lying when he said he loved me and found me even more beautiful. I was so convinced that he found my appearance so repulsive as I felt like such a fat bloated elephant. It was those lovely hormones! It does pass. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Aww hun, hormones are a complete bitch in pregnancy :hug:

Don't you worry, I know your OH means every word he says. I must admit I do find it difficult to reconcile my whalelike appearance in the mirror with my OH saying that I look more beautiful than ever but we need to remember that we are beautiful to them because we are growing their babies :D

And as for whinging :hug: That's what we're here for ;)

:hug: Awww Laura!!

I don't mean this the way it's going to sound (like a big head or anything!) but when my psoriasis is pretty clear and I feel in good shape etc, I can feel attractive so I feel secure that my OH thinks the same if that makes sense? If I was with someone now, with my psoriasis at it's worst, I've put on weight AND I have a few stretchmarks... I would NEVER believe my OH fancied me no matter how many times he said it.

So I completely understand. It's just because you're appearance has changed so much with the bump, you might have put on a bit of weight etc. And when you are limited to a few positions sex wise because your back can't handle the strain, it's no wonder you don't feel that great! :lol: :hug:

Bless ya xx

I also wanted to add, I've heard quite a few times that there is something within a man where he subconsciously DOES find his pregnant partner very attractive... xx

Thankyou so much girls :hug: I know I can always rely on you lot to make me feel better! And your all right in what you say and I am now seriously going to get a grip of myself!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im sure your OH does mean everything he says :D. Its those pesky hormones again, but i defently know how you feel, coz i think i annoy my OH wanting reasurance just as much :hug:

Awww its perfectly normal to feel that way when you're heavily pregnant hun. My hubby found me sexier than ever when I was pregnant, I thought he was tuned to the moon :lol:

I know exactly how you feel I have always been really slim and although I was bigger before getting pregnant then I would like I was still 100% confident that OH still fancied me and loved my body cause he was always telling me so but I've put on alot of weight being pregnant and although I love being pregnancy the hardest part has been the extra weight, not my bump but being bigger all over I don't feel confident at all everyone at work calls me chunky or chubby they don't mean it nastily I think because Im normally thin they think it wont bother me, my Dad always calls me bulbus one or similar and DH has called me budha, a summo wrestler and a heffer amongst other things he doesn't mean any of it but what I wouldn't give right now to feel thin and attractive again! The other night I had a dream DH left me cause Im so fat and frumpy it was horrible and felt lousy all day after we hadn't had sex for awhile and DH doesn't seem to cuddle me much now when he used to cuddle me every morning (I think this is just cause he knows how tired I am and doesn't want to wake me) so was feeling like there was a big distance between us, coincidently on that day we had our antenatal class and ended up sneaking home after before going back to work and having amazing sex which really helped to make me feel like DH still fancied me and to make us feel close again I would definately recommend it!!! :wink: :hug: :hug:

I feel the same, and im sat here now in my minging gray trackies and one of OH's tops thinking how in hell can he fancy me lol

I had a 'shape' to me before i got pregnant but was fit as i rode horses and now i feel fat, frumpy and so unfit. I cant wait to start riding again so i can get my muscles and fittness back.

He loves me though as he wouldnt stay with me, i think all men secretly find pregnant woman attractive.

A friend of mine, her fella cant wait for her to get pregnant as he loves pregnant woman :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back