My labor and delivery in Pictures(Nothing Graphic!!)

AmberNicole

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share some of my pics from the hospital. I'm so glad my husband took pictures of this special occasion.

Wed. 8pm
I went in to be induced, so I was in no pain at all.
Labor-2.jpg

My mom was telling me how it was going to be so painful and I was just like "whatever you say mom!".....man was she right though!
Labor-1.jpg

Thursday
Pain kicked in once they placed the cervidil, as it brought on mild cramping and contractions, The pain was SO bad once they started the Pitocin...I opted for some pain relief that night(Staydol). It made me feel loopy, but I was able to get some sleep(between contractions as it really did nothing for pain).
Labor-3.jpg

Friday Morning

I was 3cm dilated and my midwife wanted to break my water to speed things up(I was all for it!!) She told me that if I want an epidural then now is the time to get it as there is no way of knowing how quickly I might progress after she breaks my water. I went in not wanting an epidural, but decided to get one after she told me that....pain free and sleep at last!
Labor-4.jpg

Around 4 hours after she broke my water it was time to push and after 45min-1hr of pushing....Ava Hope was born!
Labor-5.jpg

Labor-6.jpg

wow. wish we did some think like this for my induction. we thought we wud do it when things hot up lol but no such luck emergency section :(

they are beautiful pictures and ur daughter is gorgeous, congratulations

love elaine and alana

I looked awful during mine, I kept throwing up so no pics from me.

Yea, I wasn't in a picture mood, I can't believe how bloated I looked! :shock:
I wasn't even really aware of my DH taking the pictures, but I'm so thankful he did! :)

I particularly love that final picture of you and your baby both wiped out afterwards - so sweet!

awww such lovely pics amber, i like the last one too!! both zonked out! bless! Wish i had taken pics too, hmm im sure i wouldnt have agreed at the time (lol) but lovely to look back on!!

You have inspired me Amber, here are my shots.

During -
5ee28d29.jpg

Shortly after, my face was swollen too -
a18d2dcb.jpg

oh wow wish i had sum pics but midewife didnt want my partner takin any???? dont no y. but i defo didnt look as good as you lol... i wanted to go into labour lookin all nice with tan and a bit of make up lol, i popped out to tesco at 7pm on the mon with joggers on with a pj top under my coat no knickers lol and didnt come home till fri. my waters broke in the middle of the shop!!!!

God, I wished I looked that good!

Got our pictures developed.....I look like a cross between a very poorly and fat frog and a drunk anthony from Anthony and the johnsons!!!

Seriously hideous!!!! :oops: :(

Awww, I'll bet you're exaggerating. I look at the pics now and can't believe how swollen I was....I'm sooooo glad I have them to look at though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back