Blimey

BevG

Reaction score
its been so hot today we went for a nice picnic in the park. Alyssa slept a while after being in her carseat and when she woke up she was fine. after an hour or so she started getting tired and whingey and then cue the massive temper tantrum lol. she freaked then fell asleep for a lil while. got home and she was ok for a bit and then once she got tired again she freaked some more. this hot weather is really upsetting her when it comes to sleep times. she screams like shes in pain and would not be put down despite the fact that me holding her wasnt helping with the heat lol. she now chrashed out on the sofa after falling asleep on me finally. shes just in a nappy with a muslin over her and shes been asleep for a couple of hours now. poor baba.
shes even been refusing boob and preferring cold milk or water and then taking boob for comfort after her food lol.

i hope everyone else has enjoyed their sunny day, im a bit toasted now but i made sure i put sunscreen on alyssa's arms and legs and my shoulders but i seem to have forgotton to put it anywhere else on me

it was pinky, i got to sit in a lovely green park with one of the ladies from my bf group who has an 18 week old and just chill. i can understand lyssa being upset as i find it hard to sleep when too hot and it must have been horrible for her

G's been a bit like that today. It's like she's tired but doesn't really know what to do, she wants to snuggle in, but it's too hot, so she flings herself away then gets upset.

Poor wee souls. Xxx

Hannah wouldn't go on boobie either! Plus she drank water for first time ever so she must be hot!

G just makes the most awful face when I try to give her water. Tried putting some oj in it as well - but didn't get any better reaction. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

lol i put the water in the freezer for 10 mins so it was lovely and cool then took it out in the foil compartment of the boots changing bag to keep it cool. she took about an oz of it and seemed happy with it

Aww shame about the tantrums :(

Max had 2oz of water yesterday (with oj in it) but he will only have it warm! He hasn't seemed too bad with the weather but I haven't kept him out in it too much really and my flat isn't hot as its not directly in the sunlight. Off out today though but luckily my mums car has aircon!

Hope she cheers up today :) xxx

yeah, were gonna go out in a bit and buy a pedestal fan from argos cos if its gonna be this hot were gonna need it lol. Alyssa seems to like her drinks cold in this weather, ive had to cool her bottles down to actually feeling cool and give her the cold water before she would latch too lol. breastmilk was too warm for her likeing

I've got some cold water in my bag for the journey. We've got 2 fans one for me and the baby in bed and one for the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back