Kirstyplus1 induction/labour thread!!!

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had a text from Kirsty:

Induction/Labour Update 16.30: Got to hospital about two hours ago and baby has been monitored all ok. Midwife Anna is really nice and has just examined me. I'm about 1.5cm dilated already so that's good and 1.5cm I don't have to dilate later. She's just inserted the gel and I have to lay down for 30 mins. Going to go for walk after that as it sounds like a long process.*

Text at 06:53 - Hi Carly didnt want to text you too late last night so this is the latest:*

Got monitored last night at 10.30 but they couldn't give me any more gel as was already having contractions every 2 mins although not that strong (felt like period pain/back pain). Was given paracetamol and told to go to sleep - yeah right!

Managed to sleep from 12-1am and then woke up with woman down the corrodor screaming. Then I couldn't get back to sleep as started to itch everywhere. Had a shower and mw gave me tablet to stop itching and took blood to rule out obstetric cholecystitis.

Contractions started getting really painful about 3.30am to the point I'm on the verge of tears. These contractions better be doing something or I will be really annoyed when she examines me in the morning.

06.45am - having really painful contractions now and just been examined. I am 3 cm and mw has just broken my waters. She said I will definitely be having my baby today. I need stronger painkillers though.

Text at 14:24 - Had epidural baby is back to back, contractions regular 3cm dilated at 12, next exam at 5pm. X

Update 17:50 - Had exam now fully dilated should be able to start to push in 1-2 hours he should be born by 9pm hopefully x*

Will update when I hear next xx

Last edited:
how exciting :) best of luck, hope it all goes well! :) xxx

Hope it's nice and quick, good luck xxxxxxxxx

ooh good luck....hope its nice and quick for you xx

Best of Luck, FX it doesn't take too long for her. x

Managed to get a signal...just had a dominos takeaway and watching a film on the laptop in my room.
Nothing really happening yet I don't think!

ooohh good luck hun! hope things start happening for you soon :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back