My husband ignored my cries

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've been through 7mths of getting up every 2hrs to feed and settle your baby and passed out with exhaustion on at least two occasions and have a baby who is clearly suffering through lack of sleep then you might understand the measures a parent undertakes to try and get baby to sleep for longer periods.

I honestly think showingpromise has got to the crux of it all. The babies feelings and needs are more important imo.

Then mothers should be made to breastfeed as well.

I think it's incredibly rude to insinuate that a parent doesn't care about the feelings of their child.

Hurtful comments like that will only add fuel to the fire and only make people feel defensive.

XX

Lordy lordy.

Oh addddddmin where aaaare you :lol:

The way I get round, and over most "offensive things" is to get on with my own parenting, I dont understand why everyone here is arguing about a parenting method that they either use or dont. Its your child? If you believe what you are doing is right for your child then do it? and stop concerning yourself with what others are doing.

Breast feeding and formula feeding has nothing to do with the opening post, so again to bring it up is just to fuel arguments. No women should not be made to breast feed, because its a parenting choice just like the topic of this post. I chose not to breast feed my son for a multitude of reasons that I dont need to and should not need to go into on this forum. I dont see what me chosing not to breast feed my son has anything to with CC or any other mother. If its the fact that breast milk is better than synthetic milk its a no brainer. If I dont "attempt" to BF its because for my reasons Ive chosen against it.

I wish admin would just close this already. If you are interested in the read perhaps mail Kumber and get the link.

Either way, enjoy parenting your own child and not giving judgemental comments about other mothers. And before everyone jumps down my throat although I havent and dont agree with CC, I really couldnt give two hoots whether you do it with YOUR child or not.

xxxx

Last edited:
I clicked on this link because I thought it was a thread about domestic abuse and I was worried for kumber.

Sadly it seems to be a link to an inflammatory article with implied criticism of people who use sleep technique methods recommended by doctors & health visitors.

Additionally, it's another thread along the same lines as two recent flamey threads that caused me to go awol from the forums as I don't find this kind of discussion supportive, and that's what I actually come here for.

Kumbar did you actually read that article and do you understand what you are insinuating???

I don't understand why the person I love the most doesn't want to touch me or look at me.

He left me in my own sick didn't clean me up. He didn't hear me be sick so didn't help me.

I'm scared.

He must hate me.

He came it. Didn't look at me I tried to hug him he pushed me away and put me in bed.

He just shouted at me to shut up

I'm too scared to make a noise next time

Your post is horribly judgemental and non factual and should be taken down immediately!

Last edited:
I did indeed read it and it made me very sad. I feel that that must be the way babies feel when experiencing CC - babies only methodnof communicating is through crying.

I find it interesting that there seems to be a general assumption that my children sleep. Both my children still wake in the night, I'm extremely lucky if I only have to get up twice. The only occasion I have used a method similar to this is when my eldest would whinge (not cry) and then laugh when I went into his bedroom. The minute a whinge turned into distress, I was straight in there with a cuddle or a reassuring hand. He was never left to actually cry.

I think SP has got it bang on - we have an expectation that babies should sleep but not so. Some prefer to be closer to their mothers and so will cry out for them. Unfortunately that's what you sign up for when you have a baby.

I have just completed an indepth course on safeguarding children, child abuse which included emotional abuse and neglect...unsurprisingly sleep training didn't appear under any of the areas for concern. So I would say a mother taking care of her needs so she's emotionally well and healthy to respond to her baby's core needs is just as important as the needs of the baby. To suggest otherwise is dangerous. I can think of at least one high profile case n the news in recent years where the children tragically and fatally suffered due to their mothers emotional needs and mental wellbeing being overlooked.

I did indeed read it and it made me very sad. I feel that that must be the way babies feel when experiencing CC - babies only methodnof communicating is through crying.

I find it interesting that there seems to be a general assumption that my children sleep. Both my children still wake in the night, I'm extremely lucky if I only have to get up twice. The only occasion I have used a method similar to this is when my eldest would whinge (not cry) and then laugh when I went into his bedroom. The minute a whinge turned into distress, I was straight in there with a cuddle or a reassuring hand. He was never left to actually cry.

I think SP has got it bang on - we have an expectation that babies should sleep but not so. Some prefer to be closer to their mothers and so will cry out for them. Unfortunately that's what you sign up for when you have a baby.

You see if we were all that way inclined we could be saying to you that a child needs its sleep, why are they waking up all through the night, its not healthy.

Sleep is vital for a child, I truly believe if a child sleeps through the night it has so many health and mind benefits for them.

Some could say its cruel not guiding your child to sleep through the night.

You assume parents do this because they are lazy...perhaps its because they know the importance of sleep for their child and how vital it is to promote it!

What are your thoughts on the rest of the article?

Is this my question Rooster?

No, for OP.

I find the article slightly more annoying because it also pokes at calm down corners and not allowing your child to have food after they've refused to eat their dinners etc.

Yes I agree, the whole article actually sounds like severe abuse, never in my life would I let my child cry until she was sick or smack her if she doesn't sleep or scream in her face.
Controlled crying has absolutely nothing to do with this article!

Here we go again.

B&T section is becoming an absolute JOKE!

Last edited:
Admin: please stop this insanity. Most people on this forum would never judge another mothers choices. We need to ignore those who do.

once again kumber is trying to cause trouble.... It's so boring! Admin please get rid and make this forum a nice place again!

I actually feel really sorry for all the 1st time mums coming to the stages of either battling with bfing or chosing to ff, weaning stages, the whole sleep regression and getting into routines and wanting advise!
Or even 2+ time mums that didnt have that issue with their 1st but come here to ask advise!

Then all the 'mothers of the year' jump all over their threads with how 'wrong' they have chosen to parent and they SHOULD be doing this and that blah blah frickennnn blaaaah.

2-3yrs+ back this forum and this section was such a nice place to be and ask for advise!

I actually feel really sorry for all the 1st time mums coming to the stages of either battling with bfing or chosing to ff, weaning stages, the whole sleep regression and getting into routines and wanting advise!
Or even 2+ time mums that didnt have that issue with their 1st but come here to ask advise!

Then all the 'mothers of the year' jump all over their threads with how 'wrong' they have chosen to parent and they SHOULD be doing this and that blah blah frickennnn blaaaah.

2-3yrs+ back this forum and this section was such a nice place to be and ask for advise!

It still is a lovely place to come to for advice, it's only a select few who try to ruin it for everyone, a few of them were exciled last time, just one more to go lol xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back