My husband ignored my cries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the feeling of crying before you go to sleep �� I could never intentionally force that onto my baby who isn't given a say in the matter and can't be properly understood.

Hopefully this will highlight the reality of this method

I have read that before and it really resonated with me. How anyone could leave a little baby crying after reading that !

I'm sorry - why else would you post something like this unless you wanted to provoke something?

This is a ridiculous far fetched example of almost all methods of discipline.

Would you like a bigger spoon to stir the shit?

What on earth?

How utterly ridiculous.

This isn't even worth a proper response, what a ridiculous article.

I feel a rumble coming Kumber. :lol:

I knew it was a CC article before I even opened it, if it offends dont click.

xxxx

Again, it's not to stir anything or cause an argument. It resonated very much with me and I wanted to share it with other like-minded parents. I have shared my opinion just as you have all shared yours.

I'd compare this with me posting an article on how formula fed babies are perceived sicklier than breastfed ones. It might resonate with me as I had a breastfed baby that went through babyhood with very few bouts of illness. However it is neither helpful or necessary for me to share my opinion on the subject when it is highly emotive for other mothers.

This parenting choice flaming really grips my shit. Haven't posted on here for an age but the same topics pop up time and time again and make a whole host of people feel inadequate and guilty due to the bigoted views of others.

Really unnecessary. Sheesh.

Peace out.

I wouldn't say it's bigoted when child sleep and health care experts recommend not using this technique on babies under 8 months old.

And unfortunately it is a fact that ff babies have a lowered immune system than bf babies, meaning they CAN have more illnesses as they haven't got a full adult immune system from mum like bf babies. Not an opinion but a fact.

I'm not trying to flame anybody, this post isn't directed at anyone specifically. I am simply sharing an article that I felt highlighted my opinion and view of one parenting method. CC is much like marmite in that you love it or hate it. It seems to be an increasing phenomenon on this forum that agreeing with CC is absolutely fine but disagreeing with it and saying so is branded as flaming, argumentative, shit stirring and the like.

I can't speak for anyone else but personally, my focus is on the health and wellbeing of the child, not the sensitivities of the mother. I'm sure many of you would agree one is more important than the other.

I don't pay much attention to 'articles' with such atrocious spelling, punctuation and grammar.

The jury is very much out in terms of research on CC, and it is a recommended technique to parents by the NHS. Therefore our multi billion pound beloved Health service, that should be providing us with up to date guidance and advice on 'the health and wellbeing of our children' recommends doing it. So I'd say posting direct or indirect propaganda on it being cruel as it is your personal choice is not helpful.

It is also a witnessed increasing phenomenon on here that mothers who think CC is cruel or harmful based on what they have read come out in force and try to persuade desperate, and I quote desperate here, mothers who resort to using this technique in the interests of the whole family, not to do it. When they have probably been advised to this by the health visitor.

Ah but let me guess, health visitors and the NHS are stupid right? We know better....

Last edited:
People are always going to agree or disagree. But why can we just respond to posts when people ask questions on weaning or sleeping positively? That's what this place is for. If someone asks a question about getting their child sleep - and one person responds saying well I used CC, instead of responding anti CC and posting links about the damage done etc, just say how you alternatively got your child to sleep and leave it be. Same with weaning. People can make their own decisions and choices from there on out. These topics are so hotly debated, but the negativity is really dragging this place down.

I don't care that people are anti CC, anti FF or anti weaning at whatever age but the negative-ness has to stop.

This article is just so negative and depressing. Did it really need to be posted? Could you not let people know your alternative way to helping a child to sleep instead? I'm sure it would be appreciated as I'm sure CC is not anyone's first port of call?

The thing is, what you have posted is purely emotive and highly likely to provoke a response.

If there is fact and evidence-based research which states CC is damaging to children, then post that.

Post accurate, proven, scientific data to support your point.

What you have posted above, I perceive as inflammatory and when I first saw it I thought here we go again! There'll be another keyboard war on this! Aaaaaand I was right!

I'm not a fan of controlled crying and this even annoyed me slightly. It's every parents right to parent their child how they see fit. What they need to make the decisions as to which parenting choices are best for them and their children, is facts and evidence not emotionally manipulative, emotive posts like above.

XX

The jury is very much out in terms of research on CC, and it is a recommended technique to parents by the NHS. Therefore our multi billion pound beloved Health service, that should be providing us with up to date guidance and advice on 'the health and wellbeing of our children' recommends doing it. So I'd say posting direct or indirect propaganda on it being cruel as it is your personal choice is not helpful.

It is also a witnessed increasing phenomenon on here that mothers who think CC is cruel or harmful based on what they have read come out in force and try to persuade desperate, and I quote desperate here, mothers who resort to using this technique in the interests of the whole family, not to do it. When they have probably been advised to this by the health visitor.

Ah but let me guess, health visitors and the NHS are stupid right? We know better....

I can vouch for this. I hadn't even considered CC until my HV told me to.

Anyway this article isn't just about CC is it. It implys the true horrors of calm down corners and banning pudding from a child who won't eat their dinner.

Why do people who disagree with cc have to provide scientific facts and research to back up their opinion when all people who agree with cc have to produce is the old "i did it with my child and he's fine"argument?

That's not quite what it says though is it:

"The study found that these behavioural sleep techniques had no significant harmful or beneficial effects on these sort of issues"

"This study appeared to find that doing so will neither harm nor help your child in the long-term. However, it is worth noting that the study did not include infants younger than seven months old. Therefore these findings can’t be generalised to younger babies"

Those quotes to me clearly state that the use of CC has not been investigated in children under 7 months and in those over, it caused no positive or negative effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back