Controlled crying..

positivity :)

Reaction score
who does it? how do you do it and at what age did you start?

my OH let LO cry the other day and after a while he just stopped. i'm not sure i'm ready to do this yet so we had a bit of an argument about it.

thing is, since last week he seems to be crying to be picked up. he is fed, clean nappy etc but just cries until one of us picks him up. as soon as he is held he stops??

so i'm considering this method but is he too young at 10weeks?

xx

just had a quick look online and it seems to be for 6 months + so probably not a good idea. one of my friends has two kids and let the second one cry. she keeps telling me to do it but i dont think i can! xx

It's easier when it's your second so I hear!! I'm wondering about getting a swing but I don't want him to get in the habit of being rocked!

It's easier when it's your second so I hear!! I'm wondering about getting a swing but I don't want him to get in the habit of being rocked!

the swing has been a godsend to us as he will just sit in it awake a lot so will just swing away when we are eating dinner etc BUT he is getting waayyyy to used to it! i dont need to rock him to sleep at night but i do in the day :roll: xx

Isn't it funny you spend the first few weeks teaching them to sleep at night and looks like now were gonna have to do it all over again!

Is Will in his big cot yet?

yeah he is starting to get big for it. He is hitting the sides so i reckon we have another 2 weeks max in the moses basket and then he will have to go into his cot. i tried to lay him in his cot for a nap a few times too but that just wasn't happening either!! i'm going to have to persist with that though as he is going to have to sleep in there soon. how about tyler? xx

He keeps bashing his hands against the sides and I think it wakes him up in the daytime but we don't really have a huge amount of room to put the cot up as it's a really lovely, sturdy cot bed so I'm really torn. How do we know when they are ready to upgrade??

i'm taking Will bashing the sides as a sign he is almost ready to move. xx

We put J down and leave him to settle himself at night. We let him whimper and generally he goes to sleep by himself. We have introduce soothing tunes and a star projector night light to help him now he's more developed and can see more etc. we don't leave him screaming if it develops into a proper cry but do try and put him down as soon as he settles again. Dunno if this constitutes controlled crying but we are trying to focus on him being able to settle himself at night.

i let leandro whimper for a couple of minutes then he usually settles. but i know if he really does need something i get the tears xx

We did controlled crying hun but dint start until sam was 8 months old xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do it, I know a lot of people do but its not for me even when he's over 6 months.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey pos

I dont really know what controlled crying is tbh. Is it just leaving baby to cry?

Being a second time mum doesn't make leaving a baby to cry any easier. But being a second time mum does mean that we have no choice but to leave baby to cry. There's times Kayden cries & i'm giving older LO a bath or something like that. I cant always run to him. Kayden cries for around 2/3 hours every night, my eldest would never get a dinner if I didn't leave him to cry at times.

I'm not sure about leaving LO to cry, its same as everything, some ppl say its ok, some ppl say its not. I always try & settle Kayden first off, most of the time i'm up & down the stairs 5 or 6 times to settle him in his cot. After a while if he's crying even while i'm holding him, then I leave him in the cot with the monitor on. He doesn't cry long before he goes to sleep. My parents & gran parents all said its ok to leave baby to cry (even newborns). I wouldn't wana say its ok, as i'll probably get slated for saying that on here. But leaving LO to cry for a while defo wont do any damage.

:)

I normally put Issac down on a night awake or asleep after his feed and thankfully thats him down for the first part of the night.
It wasnt always like that ans i would let him do his whimpering and as soon as it started into a cry i would go to him, he was normally crying cos he lost his dummy and after a few days he just goes off by himself.

The day time is completely different though he fights his sleep and i have started to rock himuntil he is in a sleepy daze then put him down and just stay with him for a min then go.

Ive not done controlled crying because i was told a baby cries because it the only form of communication and upto 6weeks they cant be spoilt after that they soon learn that crying = held. I just hold Issac as ive also read and hope its true that the more secure they feel while young means they will feel more secure leaving you when a little older. For going to meet other children at baby groups.

My sister tried not to over hold her 2nd and she would go to anyone at first but soon turned clingy and still is, its only just recently that she will come to me for a cuddle any other time she was glued to my sisters knee.

I think i went off there but in my opinion i wouldnt let Issac cry if i could help it.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back