My 3 yr old and sleep

caz2008

Reaction score
hi all again lol..
since me son came our daughter has been taking rediculous times to get off to sleep she is three years old.. we still kept her bed time pattern the same e.g we take her up stairs i read to her then her dad stays with her till she falls asleep, we have always done this... but now she finds it funny to go to toilet 100 times b4 bed and to wash her hands 100 times b4 bed and to have loads to drink etc... i know she is probably affraid of missing something but its getting to stage were its going to harm her as she goes to nursery and she ist falling asleep till 11pm and getting up at 11am, even if i wake her early 8am she still does it and if ibath her b4 bed she still does it... does anyone have any advice? or gone through the same thing? she gets up so late that she ends up missing breakfast sometimes and its not healthy

My son did something similar and tried it on with us for a week or so not long after Eden was born. I think it is just their way of trying to stay involved and get some attention, like you say they dont like to miss things!! :roll: He also regressed a little in his toilet training and wet himself a few times, Im sure he did it on purpose, and also kept asking for us to feed him off the spoon. We stood firm with him though, and its just a matter of riding it out Im afraid. This phase lasted about a week - 10 days and we just tried to keep everything as normal as possible and not react to his backwards behaviour. He soon grew out of it and has been fine ever since x :hug: :hug:

Lydia has been exactly the same. Only since she's been 3 though. It must be the age. It's driving me nuts to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back