She wont sleep without me

erin

Reaction score
Hi Midna,

I always breastfeed Maya b4 she goes to sleep. We cosleep, so at 8 o'clock, after her bath and massage, I put her in our bed, feed her and she falls asleep while feeding. Then I quietly get up and leave the room. It works! Some nights I try and put her in her crib after the feed - she wakes up every time and then it's usually hard to get her back to sleep!

Sometimes, after feeding her and after her falling asleep, I stay next to her for a while, so that she can still smell me/my boob/milk and I leave the bed 5-10 minutes after that. Maybe try that?

Good luck, it must be so exhausting! :hug:

Ruby as you know has JUST got out of this!!! With my persistance it worked putting her in the cot, she didnt like it but after 3 weeks of feeding every hour at night I was at the end of my tether. I wait for her cues for tiredness then swaddle her and rock her til she falls asleep sometimes up 30 mins then put her on her side in the cot, she cries for maybe 10 mins of these.

xx

I can't help you! Finn has never slept in our bed apart from a cuddle in the morning so we don't have that problem. However he's been a clingy, whingy little monkey today and has FINALLY gone for a nap!
I wonder whether expressing some milk and giving it to her in a bottle might help? Or her dad putting her to sleep so she doesn't smell you? Have you tried a dummy - she might like something to suck?

I've started expressing a little because I wanted my mum or someone else to be able to feed him if my hubby & I wanted a night out! Perhaps have a word with the HV next time you go to get her weighed.

midna said:
Aye I will ask her but shes a tw*t so I dont suppose Ill get much out of her ...I might get James to try puttin her down at night ..worth a go eh xx
Our HV came to see us at 14 days old and never seen her since! When I get him weighed at the clinic, it's the community nursery nurses that I deal with (and they're lovely ladies! :D )

Isaac was like that until he was 5months old and finally took a dummy :lol: We tried EVERYTHING but leaving him to cry, couldn't do that :)
Although daytime naps alone are still few and far between and it involves sneaking out, he will sleep in his cot overnight fine though 99% of the time, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back