do you put your LO to bed asleep or awake?

hugsy

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone does

Up to now we had been going up to bed at 11 or 12 when she went asleep after her late feed , she would wake up when we put her in her basket but after a bit would fall asleep but tonight we decided to put her up at 8 with the monitor on but as soon as we put her in she woke up, we left her there but she is still awake, shes not crying just moaning in what OH thinks is her testing us fake cry

Is 1 month too small to leave her fall back asleep on her own or should i go up and sit with her till she asleep

Hannah is 6 weeks tomorrow and we put her down awake and she takes herself off to sleep. we only go back in if she has cried for more than 5 mins...but you can tell when her cries are half hearted and falling asleep cries or distressed...so if it's half hearted, we just leave her and normally she falls asleep quite quick xx

Tbh if she is crying I would check that she doesn't need something as it's her way of communicating with you. I think when they're a bit older it's different. Not everyone would agree though. But nothing wrong with putting her down awake at all imo. She may just settle herself to sleep. xxxx

we live in a flat so our bedroom where we put her down is literally the room off the lounge......so i am very close to her even though she is in bed. So i can listen out for her......i peep at her through the crack in the door..lol

but i go in and reassure her of she cries..but i can tell when she is just crying cos she going to sleep....

I think 1 month is far too small to leave to cry tbh! The baby is in a scary new world and wants reassurance mummy is here.

No i wouldnt leave her cry just dont even know if leaving her to sleep on her own with us downstairs is ok at that age, not that its working, we ended up taking her down after 40 mins cos she was crying after going up 6 times to put her dummy back then she fell asleep o oh so put her back up but now she after waking again :-(

I want to try and get her into some sort of a routine but dont know where to start tbh

Ah hun dont worry. She's still very young. I only started putting B to bed about 4-5 weeks ago (he's 12 weeks - eep! - Monday). I'm still figuring out the routine thing tbh. Just do what suits you and lo best and it'll fall into place. I'm finding we're falling into a routine naturally iykwim. Not set times necessarily but, for example, he tends to go to bed between half 6 and 8 depending on his last bottle (I feed on demand). X

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

I found that putting G into her crib awake seemed to work better. I read somewhere that imagine how you would feel if you fell asleep in one place (like in mums arms) and woke up somewhere totally different (alone in a moses basket) its pretty scary, so they settle better going down awake.

I'm not much help with the upstairs bit, as we're not into routine, and DH is early bedder, do he's loving the idea of going to bed at 9pm. Lol

Xxx

Thanks girls, think il just keep doing what we were doing, except she had her bottle early today at 10 to 10 n is wide awake right now, shes prob gonna wake twice during the nite now too but il just leave her do it her way for little while longer i think

i put alyssa down asleep earlier on as shes been a terror for going down in the basket all day and shes just disturbing now really so will probably feed her soon and then leave her to OH while i go sleep for a bit. later on when he brings her up i will feed her and usually put her down again while shes asleep but if shes awake i try to put her down anyway and just put my hand in the basket with her. sometimes she cries and sometimes she is content to go to sleep again

I put Lewis down either asleep or drifting off, I don't know if just putting a baby that young down for bedtime will work but I guess if baby isn't ready to sleep she'll soon let you know lol

Its always better to put LO in cot awake, sometimes they can get a fright it they wake up some where different to where they fell asleep (ie falling asleep in your arms & waking in cot). Theres no harm in leaving baby at all, as long as they aren't crying.

xxxxxxx

We all go to bed at the same time Xxx

I just bath her, feed her, jammies on in cot and we all go to bed. She soon falls asleep xx
One month is still very little, I'd stay with her till she falls asleep xx

I co slept with my LO and have gradually moved her into her own cot by the bed and then into big cot by the bed and then moved big cot into her own room xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

At a month old we'd rock Jack off to sleep and then lay him in his moses basket in the living room with us until we were ready to go to bed. Then OH would gently carry the basket upstairs. He never once woke Jack up! :) It wasn't until Jack was about 3 months when we were brave enough to put Jack to bed in our room and leave him on his own. I still rocked him off to sleep before laying him down.

If you feel happy to leave her on her own then you do so, but like others have said it's a little too young to leave her crying if it's 'actual' crying x

O self settles we put him in his cot at about 8.30 and put his light box on and he is usually asleep in 20 mins :love:

Pos he only wears sleep suits at night. In the day we have little joggers and tops or dungarees.

We have some plain white sleepsuits that I don't put on during the day, but sometimes we have to resort to daytime ones for bed iykwim. Xxx

We're not really into proper outfits yet, mostly cos 0-3 is still a wee bit big, and I'm not buying a heap of clothes that'll only last a couple of weeks when she has lots of nice sleepsuits. We have a couple of outfits for going to church. Xxx

Well we ended up keeping her down here then taking her up when we were all going to bed , will see how she is tonight, might try putting her in mosses baset awake at 8 or 9 rather than moving her asleep , but stay in the room for a bit till she starts to drop off, I think the light on the video monitor might be a distraction to her too cos she seem to be staring straight at the camera when she is awake LoL

I think half the problem is that she is becoming too fond of her dummy so gives out when it falls out, my own fault for giving her one in the first place but she's scream ffor hour after every feed without it

Do u guys have separate pj's for night?

no i just put her down in a vest and baby grow, if we have people visiting or im going out il dress her in comfy clothes or when it was warm id put her in dresses cos she was cooler and its so much easier to chnge her nappy lol

if its just the 2 of us in the house for the day il leave her in the baby grow though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back