do you put your LO to bed asleep or awake?

I generally put a clean one after the bath unless we've had a change in the day.

I use our plain white baby grows for bed & save the patterned ones for the daytime, or put him in an outfit in the day. He's just going into sleeping bags now so will use plain long sleeved vests as pjs. I like having separate clothes for bed for some reason!

We have plain white for night and colours for day. Supposed to aid routine and baby starts to know that once in white it's night time. Plus I just think she looks cute all in white for bed time :) xx

It's good to let them sleep on their own.. U know the difference between a true 'wanting' cry and a tired winge.. It's no different using a camera monitor than to have them in the same room as u..
Keep doing what ur doing ur doing a fab job :)

It's good to let them sleep on their own.. U know the difference between a true 'wanting' cry and a tired winge.. It's no different using a camera monitor than to have them in the same room as u..
Keep doing what ur doing ur doing a fab job :)

Agreed.

Ive never stayed by either of my LO's side, maybe for the first night at home, as u said monitors are just as good, infact mines goes off if LO stops breathing so I suppose in a way its better than having LO in front of me

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Especially as u have poorly lil kayden to keep an eye on day and night :( I had a sensor monitor for jaycee drove me mad when I took her out the cot forgetting the pad was on and the alarm would scare the life out of me lol!

I put the twins to bed awake and seems to work. Sleep around 8-9 hours solid at the moment. When they wake up they make little noises at eachother, so cute x

think il give it another week and try again, should she be awake more during the day to let her sleep from 8 ish to 6/7 , like just waking for feeds ngoin back asleep rather than wanting to play at 4am?

i have a snuza alarm if she stops breathing so its not that im worried about that i just thought she would be upset and lonely up there awake on her own, like i can see her but she doesn't know that iykwim

They need to nap plenty during the day at that age too. Seems odd but sleep breeds sleep! If they get overtired that is when the trouble starts!!

Thats exactly what I think samsgirl, took me ages to figure it out tho! Its defo true!

xxxxxxx

It's defo true!! Lily still sleeps most of the day like a newborn and still does 14hrs at night!

Yeah def more asleep than awake at the moment. I worry she sleeping too much but as my mum says if she didn't want to nap she wouldn't! Plus they grow and learn in their sleep don't they. She is def a happier baby for awake times if she has had plenty of naps. Think we are having A growing spurt today cos she woke after an hour and normally her. Morning nap she sleeps a good 2 hours xxx

Lily is the happiest baby I've ever known and she sleeps more than she's awake every day lol!!

Well she had a extra long sleep last night and didnt wake for her 1130 bottle till 1 am so then work for her 330 at 5 and then again for the day at 730 , i know they say not to wake a sleeping baby but think i will tonight cos i aint doing that again im wrecked cos she didn settle till about 3 after her 1am and took good hour after her 5 and oh was working so had no help today and she was struggling with constipation and would only sleep in my arms so didnt get to try sleep on sofa while she naped :-(

No but i think i might have to try. 2 nights last week she skipped her 1130 and just woke at 230 n 630 o thought she was gonna do that again but NO

I was afraid if i dream feed il never know if she was gonna skip a bottle or not but think for now iil try make her take it awake or asleep

Grace always goes down awake for both night time & naps but if she's poorly we'll have cuddles on her chair where she will fall asleep on me. Luckily it's a wicker chair so makes a fair bit of noise when I get up so she wakes enough to be aware she's going in her cot

ive just started putting alyssa down and not picking her back up when she wakes. she often falls asleep while bf'ing so when i put her down she wakes cos the moses sheet is cool. she goes back to sleep when i swaddle her and sing to her

tried it again today and she woke up and after half our was still giving out andturning into proper cry so ended up takin her down again, shes still awake so think she just slept too much during the day and was just not tired, will try again tmrw lol

for thos of u who dream feed, how do u do it, do u pick them up or leave them in mosses , do u force open the mouth of what way does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back