MW today, itchy arms... *Updated*

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had really itchy arms and behind knees and also on boobs for a few days now and have made appointment to see MW, I'm quite worried, but was wondering if it could be the fact that we don't have a shower at the moment as we're getting a new bathroom in and I'm having to wash in the bath (have had to for the past few days), so maybe there's just soap residue on me?
I thought it was best to see her just in case. Have any of you had something similar?

Thanks xx

Hi there it could be soap residue, my skin can be sensitive to certain body washes/bubbles etc. I have to make sure i use PH balanced or very mild stuff in my bath.

The only time i itch like mad is when i actually am in the bath sometimes, its usually all down my legs but once i have had a soak all is fine.

Best check it out with the midwife tho to be on the safe side hun :hug:

It could be a reaction to something but you're definately doing the right thing getting checked. I hope the appointment goes well :hug: :hug:

Itchy boobs is very common in 3rd Tri (or so my midwife tells me) - it's the skin stretching :puke:

You are so doing the right thing to mention the itchy arms though! Hope it all goes well today and let us know :hug:

Went to the MW and she has referred me to hospital for liver function tests, but I have to wait until next bloomin thursday when I'm in for 28 week growth scan to get them done...
I also had bloods taken today for diabetes, blood count and antibodies. BP was fine so was LO's heart beat.

In an unrealted matter, I'm just back from my 3D scan which went really well, he's soooo cute!!! I will do a separate post with pics tomorow xxx

hello

i had blood tests done for itchy legs and in the end it was radox, i now use really gentle bathwash.

hope everything goes ok x

always get itches checked out ! u prob dont know my story but it was itchy feet and hands then ended me up in hospital ar 32 weeks and my lil boy came at 34 ! i went in for blood tests and never came out till 3 weeks later !

well done for mentioning it. Too many people / books etc say itching is normal, but on the odd occasion it isn't.

let us know what the results say!

I started itching around 37 weeks and it drove me insane! it started on my arms and legs then went to my back and basically everywhere! I really thought it was nothing but mentioned it to my midwife just incase and she sent me straight to the hospital!!

They wanted to check if it was connected with my liver. I had to be strapped to a monitor and give a urine sample and blood. They told me that if it was to do with my liver then they'd induce me that night because it was extremely dangerous for the baby!

Luckily turned out that it wasn't and they put it down to my hormones making my skin dry and getting too hot at night.

I doubt very much its anything serious but tell your midwife just incase!

Thanks ladies, it hasn't been as bad today but am still deffo going to get the tests done next thursday. MW mentioned that it's unlikely that it's the liver problem Obstetric Choleostasis(sp?) as that usually shows up at around 32 weeks. But am going to get tests for peace of mind. Will let you know results as soon as I know xx

jendav81 said:
as that usually shows up at around 32 weeks.

sorry but that sounds like a load of rubbish to me! :think: i had mine detected about 28 weeks, and ive heard of others who have had it detected even later on.

She is doing the right thing getting bloods sent off though.

let us know how it goes!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back