Itchy aaarrrggghhh!

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hey girls, I mentioned this itching thing on my hello thread. It only happens in the evening and night time. Itchy all over head, face, neck, arms, legs etc. The soles of my feet and palms have been itchy too but no more itchy than anywhere else. I'm gonna call midwife on Monday but does anyone else have this and what do you do to ease it? Driving me nuts!
X

my legs, boobs, and bump get it the worst, so I rub some cream on them or take and clothing off them for a bit, or if I or OH has cold hands, putting them on it helps as it cools and soothes, try a cool shower/bath? hope I helped :hugs:xx

The bottom of my bump is mega mega itchy, it is driving me insane!

Thanks Kole! Mrs B You should be popping now lol.

The itching didnt wake me last night, I made sure the room was cooler and opened the windows (even though its freezing and blowing a gale outside) Still itchy though so will defo be alling mw on monday. Kole which cream do you use?

x x x x

If you have the itching all over your body you should mention it to your MW, it could be OC (I had that and it started with sever itching all over that was a lot worse at night). Read the sticky thread in third trimester for more info.

If you have the itching all over your body you should mention it to your MW, it could be OC (I had that and it started with sever itching all over that was a lot worse at night). Read the sticky thread in third trimester for more info.

Yeah I did hun, thank you. How much did OC affect you and did you have to take meds for it?

x

I was lucky as my hospital is doing a trial on it so I got some medicines to take for it that really helped a lot, but the weeks before that where horrible due to the itching (the itching stopped fully as soon as the baby was born!). I'm not sure if everyone gets the medicines as I think the trial is to see if they really work or not. Also it ment having to go to the hospital a few times a week to monitor the baby and have some blood tests done.

Also they then induced me at 38 weeks as the risks to the baby seem to increase after that.

But the itching is the worse part, I was bleeding on my neck and chest most of the time as I just couldn't stop the itching. Unfortunatley no cream I tried helped at all.

Hope its not OC for you, but if it is its good to get the diagnosos so that they can keep a close eye on the baby!!

I was lucky as my hospital is doing a trial on it so I got some medicines to take for it that really helped a lot, but the weeks before that where horrible due to the itching (the itching stopped fully as soon as the baby was born!). I'm not sure if everyone gets the medicines as I think the trial is to see if they really work or not. Also it ment having to go to the hospital a few times a week to monitor the baby and have some blood tests done.

Also they then induced me at 38 weeks as the risks to the baby seem to increase after that.

But the itching is the worse part, I was bleeding on my neck and chest most of the time as I just couldn't stop the itching. Unfortunatley no cream I tried helped at all.

Hope its not OC for you, but if it is its good to get the diagnosos so that they can keep a close eye on the baby!!

Thanks for the advice hun. Sitting here itching just now lol. I had a red mark on my neck last week as I couldn't stop itching it. Wish i could call the mw now, just want the itching to go away......

I was going to say, its feels a bit like prickly heat?

x x x x

Last edited:
i am the same i have made my hands and legs bleed from itching dont think i had slept a whole night in weeks, until my mil gave me some oilatum that you put in the bath, and doctor gave me eurax lotion, unsure which one is helping, my left hand is still bad but probably because its healing over where its scabbed it itches.

i am the same i have made my hands and legs bleed from itching dont think i had slept a whole night in weeks, until my mil gave me some oilatum that you put in the bath, and doctor gave me eurax lotion, unsure which one is helping, my left hand is still bad but probably because its healing over where its scabbed it itches.

They told you you were anaemic didn't they? X

Calling midwife in the morning, don't really like her much so not looking forward to it. Do I just explain that I'm itching heaps? Anyway will update tomorrow.
X

just a moisturizing cream, (the stretchmark cocoa butter one :) ) if you put it in the fridge for half an hour before you use it, its freeking cold when you put it on but its heaven at the same time!! xx

Thanks kole, mw is coming to take bloods this morning and she wants to make me an appointment for the antenatal clinic. I'm a bit worried now.......

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapa talk

hi pinky i got diagnosed with coliostasis but had none of the symptoms. It could be your mw is checking for this but i know someone else who had rashes all over and it was just cause she was having a boy - she had all the rashes first time round too

good luck xxxxxx

hi pinky i got diagnosed with coliostasis but had none of the symptoms. It could be your mw is checking for this but i know someone else who had rashes all over and it was just cause she was having a boy - she had all the rashes first time round too

good luck xxxxxx

Thanks Sol! I don't have any rashes at all. But I'm hoping its not OC. Fingers crossed, I've had a pretty good pregnancy so far and I want it to stay that way lol.

x

They told you you were anaemic didn't they? X

yes they did, but still going to keep close eye on the itching, so still keep an eye on things to be safe

have you had your bloods done yet, or is it today, i got the result the next day saying all was fine with my liver, so fingers crossed for you

Just had bloods done just now. I didn't mention OC she did, she said they would test for it and I'll get the results back tomorrow. She's calling back later with an antenatal clinic appointment. Fingers crossed it won't be anything serious.

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back