Movements really low down....

jellybean

Reaction score
I am just over 20 weeks and have ben feeling flutters for the past couple of weeks, but for the past couple of days they have been getting stronger which is great, but I am feeling them really low down in my pelvis and am wondering if this is right as I thought baby should be alot higher by now... any thoughts?

Its only over the past couple of days Ive been feeling little punches (theyre soo much softer than the kicks) around my belly button and to the sides of it. Most movements I feel are really low where it just feels like shes treading very hard on, what i can only think is my cervix. Maybe baby has got their head near your belly button, so your only feeling the low kicks. Have you had your 20 week scan? I was told at mine she had her feet down and head by my belly button which explained it!

Nothing to worry about though...your baby will soon start punching every part of you!

Are you a tall lady? My sonographer told me that tall and slender women have longer wombs and so baby likes to nestle in the bottom - I get some very low down movements and then some higher up ones, depending on the time of day - Im quite tall so I think that is why :)

That makes sense Rosies mummy, alot of my big kicks are low down, but he has started wriggling and kicking higher now too. I'm 5"7 and fairly slim i guess

I love feeling the baby kick, I never get mine till 22 weeks onwards which is a shame

Rosies Mummy, I had you down as a tiny short lady from your Avatar! just goes to show you.

I get movements all over the place but babe does settle down low and takes great delight in jumping on my badder! They can move into any positon now and have more meaningful movements so low down high up any movement is a positive sign x

I love feeling the baby kick, I never get mine till 22 weeks onwards which is a shame

Rosies Mummy, I had you down as a tiny short lady from your Avatar! just goes to show you.

:lol: I am pretty tall and have broad shoulders! My feet grew to a size 9 last pregnancy - just hope that they don't grow again this time or Ill be in OH's shoes!

Thank you very much ladies, really reasuring! I am also 5foot 7 and fairly slim so whether that has anything to do with it I'm not sure! It also feels like baby is bouncing up and down on my bladder! I have a hospital appointment tomorrow which I think may include my 20 week scan- not too sure as have moved to Malta and am getting used to the different way of doing things!! Thank you for the comments though.x

I feel so mini compared to you all now! Im only 5'2''!!!

Hehe! you know what they say melio10....small things come in special packages!!!:lol:

I get some really low down too.... feels like he's trying to burrow his way out :-O

Haha...lets hope shes nice and small!

Sometimes it does feel like theyre trying to get out! Or at the very least stick a hand out to wave to us!!

OMG I dont think I could cope with seeing a hand waving at me!! It would look too alien like! I do agree though that it almost feels like they are trying to escape!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back