Worried, no movements

scones said:
Julie84, thanks for replying :) At my 20 wk scan she said that my placenta was anterior (low?) is that right? I wonder if this has an effect?

Anterior means it is at the front of your womb rather than the back so is more likely to muffle baby's kicks.

As baby gets bigger and has less room to move about you will no doubt feel more movements but I would say your placenta being anterior is playing a part in your reduced sensations.
:hug:

Cheers hun, I will mention it to the MW on tuesday and see what she thinks, hearing the heartbeat will make me happy though

I bought a doppler and it is brilliant for easing your mind. whenever i worry a bit, i listen to the heartbeat and all is good! Totally worth the £20!

Just an update really:

Went for my MW appointment yesterday and she was very happy with everything, we heard the heartbeat and she said that the baby kept moving away as she obviously didnt like the poking and she said that dont expect regular movements until 24 weeks, as thats very normal too.She said the anterior placenta is the cause of not feeling too much movement just yet and she was happy that baby was very healthy and I came away a lot more relaxed. She was so lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back