Worried, no movements

scones

Reaction score
I was starting to get slutters a couple of weeks age but over the past few days Im not niticing anything, well apart from the tightening sensations which are still happening, and I am definitely growing, its just that these little kick movements that were coming havent appeared again :(

When do I start to really worry? Am I still a bit early in preg to be feeling proper movements? Im 20 weeks and a few days.

Maybe the baby has moved so she is facing my back? Therefore I wouldnt feel anything would I? The sonographer said Id get movements at 6 months.

Help? Did anyone else get late movements? Maybe I have a lazy baby!

I had this.. i felt movements... seemed to be alot more than not.

Then suddenly they went very limited for a about a week. Last week or so they've come back with a vengance! Getting stronger evryday!
xx

check with your midwife if need be!

Thats the thing, Im scared to go about it in case theres bad mews. However I have an appointment on the 30th, routine one as I had my scan last week and all was well, so I will mention it then, we will get to hear the heartbeat at that appointment anyway.x

If Id have bought a doppler I could have spared myself all this worry.

perhaps just give nhs a call. I went for a few days without feeling a thing and used the doppler to reassure me!

Get one in the sales?!? I know ppl may say they're a waste but for reassuring you that is brill! I used it whne I felt stupid like my tummy had magically shrunk!

Sure it'll be okay lovely.

Keep me posted! xx

Thanks hun, I will have a look on ebay lol

I dont think you need to worry at all at just over 20 weeks - its normal not to feel movement everyday at this stage :hug: :hug:

Try not to pannick hun i have days where grace seems to be moving alot then other's she doesnt but i always listen to her on my doppler if im worried i then soon hear her!! :cheer: :hug:

hey hun, ive had a few days as well where LO aint moved much but the I have days where the little bugger never stops. If you want to put your mind at rest them speak to the hospital or midwife! xxxx

Hey hun, I have never felt my wee one and i am a little further along than you are so I wouldnt worry too much. I know shes ok as i use my doppler. I think its quite normal not to feel anything yet tbh

:wave:

Don't worry, it's perfectly normal for you not to feel all the movements at your stage. At my midwife appointment the other other day she told me that after 24 weeks you should feel it every day but every day is different so try not to worry, remember she's still tiny xx :hug:

Hey Scones, I remember reading that it can take up to week 24 to feel proper 'defined' movements so I wouldnt start to worry just yet :) Still got a few more weeks to go, suddenly the movements will just 'kick' in (excuse the PUN! lol) :rotfl:

Cheers guys, I knew I could get reassurance coming here, its not the sort of thing I want to mention to hubby as he will only worry and that will make me more worried

xxxx

have you felt any movements yet? try eating chcolate, drinking cola or something fizzy, have a bath and giving your bump a good poke lol and have a cold drink that often helps and lye down on the bed for a bit you might find that becasue your busy your not feeling the kicks as much, and when you take 30 mins or so out to lye down and relax (on your back) you'll more than likely feel the movements more :D hope this works :)

lol Anna no I havent tried those things yet but I will do now!
I thought i felt something yesterday when I was relaxing on the sofa, like a short sharp kick and then that was it.I reckon all the slight movements I was getting before were before baby moved, I have a feeling she is in a position that is just not getting through, either that or Ive put on too much weight :rotfl:

Thing is I seem to be growing by the day !!!! :eek:

Do you know whether your placenta is anterior or posterior as that can make a huge difference in the amount of movements you might be able to feel (and how hefty they might be)?

They have so much space at the moment that they can seem to go quiet for days. My midwife wasn't concerned about counting 10 movements a day etc until 28 weeks onwards.

However, if you are worried at all you should phone your midwife (even if your normal one isn't available there should always be one on call). They would much rather reassure you that everything is okay then have you sat at home worrying. :hug: :hug: :hug:

dont worry

i assume the last few days have been hectic? i notice baby moving a lot less when im busy cos im not focusing on her. few weeks after i started getting proper kicks i felt nothing for about 4 days which was scary, on the 4th day i swore i'd ring the mid wife if i didnt feel her and then she started kicking again

perhaps you just got a lazy baby like mine lol

Julie84, thanks for replying :) At my 20 wk scan she said that my placenta was anterior (low?) is that right? I wonder if this has an effect?

Aww hun its frightening i know i was in hospital on tuesday afternoon because i was worried but the little bugger was kicking my back

have you tried Ice?

they dont like cold stuff and kick like hell lol

*runs off to the freezer*

This might sound stupid but do you mean eating ice or putting it on bump? :oops:

ok get a glass, fill it with ice cubes (crushed is best) then hold the glass on your tummy while you pick out some of the ice to eat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back