mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

BTW no one has offended me :D I too am just stating an opinion and whilst I like to hear what others say some people go too far - just to have the last word :D I think a lot of comments on here are very intelligent (like Squiglets, GGG and TAT).

How can it be offensive to Muhammed to call a teddy after him when he was a murder / rapist? :roll:

Sorry if thats offensive but I hold no respect for the guy.

Freya said:
BTW no one has offended me :D I too am just stating an opinion and whilst I like to hear what others say some people go too far - just to have the last word :D I think a lot of comments on here are very intelligent (like Squiglets, GGG and TAT).

You are so blatantly talking about me so be an adult and at least have the balls to say it to me. And as far as I can see it was all done and dusted before you piped up so maybe its you who wants to have the last word :think:

This thread has once again proved to me why religion and politics at times really gets on my nerves! :roll:

I am so glad that the teacher in question has now been freed :D

I always stay away from these threads as I can guarantee, as an atheist my opinion of religion would pretty much offend everyone. As an atheist I am expected to keep quiet as to not offend other peoples religion, doesn't make my view any less valid.
What may appear as 'disgusting' to some is clear to others.
For me, there is no place in the modern world for religion and I strongly believe that within a few hundred years it will be almost eradicated..............as long as we don't destroy the world over it first.

I'm glad she has been released. Good luck to her.

Lou,

dont want to get into a big discussion on here so have pm'd you. :D

Misslarue said:
I always stay away from these threads as I can guarantee, as an atheist my opinion of religion would pretty much offend everyone. As an atheist I am expected to keep quiet as to not offend other peoples religion, doesn't make my view any less valid.
For me, there is no place in the modern world for religion and I strongly believe that within a few hundred years it will be almost eradicated..............as long as we don't destroy the world over it first.

MISSLARUE FOR RULER OF THE WORLD!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

totally agree with u :wink:

o yeah and u can have David Beckham as your king too haha!! :lol:

I just think we should have respect for others views and beliefs! I have no problem with eople being athiest, buddhist, christian and so on, but making inflammatory statements about either a deity or a prophet have no place, especially on a forum like this.

mummykay said:
Misslarue said:

MISSLARUE FOR RULER OF THE WORLD!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

totally agree with u :wink:

o yeah and u can have David Beckham as your king too haha!! :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I accept. Please bring David straight to my royal quarters!!! :rotfl:

TeenAsmaTeam said:
I just think we should have respect for others views and beliefs! I have no problem with eople being athiest, buddhist, christian and so on, but making inflammatory statements about either a deity or a prophet have no place, especially on a forum like this.

I think you should have respect for other peoples views then - ie pinkpunchs opinion, its a forum, things will be said if your offended by them - so what? w all read things on here that offend us in one way or other and jut let things go, that is life. You get offended, you bitch about it and swiftly move on!

I have no time or patiance for the politics of religeon, its a big reason why the world is a mess today.Im not in anyhow saying I dont respect religeon because i do, but i treat it with caution because im so unknowledgeable about it. But reading and sky news teaches you alot, and for years now i have been aware that religeon i being taken too the extreme in some countries, ie this hole story in my eyes is rediculous!!!

Thank god she will be home soon.

The world is a mess today because people have no RESPECT for each other and are fundementally greedy.

Not satisfied with the country they control or the land they have they set out to take other peoples.

I think if you look harder you will see that religion mascerades for different issues.

I believe most religion teach about peace, love and not war and as has been said before it is only extremiests in any faction that choose to follow a different path - that is why we have to be careful of just lumping one religious group together. It is kind of like blaming all English football fans for the trouble we see abroad when in reality most of them just want to go and see the game and have fun - it is the minority that don't. Please don't judge the majority for the minority's extreme actions.

mrs_tommo22 said:
TeenAsmaTeam said:

I think you should have respect for other peoples views then - ie pinkpunchs opinion, its a forum, things will be said if your offended by them - so what?

I don't really agree with this I'm afraid, what PP said wasn't really called for, and was highly offensive to Muslims, so you can't ask a Muslim to respect it. If someone came on here with extreme racist or sexist views, and started offending everyone, we can't just say... oh well, it's a forum... so what?
TAT is allowed to not like the comment and she is allowed to say she doesn't like it, that what having a discussion is all about.

At least she is home safe now...
I still dont really understand how the naming of teddy can be classed as insulting islam but hey there are alot of things in the world that make no sense...
I do think this has been blown way out of proportion to be fair. For the sake of some radical views and possible interpretation on religious views, a lady, no matter how uninformed or knowledgeable, and her family have been put through hell over a teddy bear and a name. I think in a way it is about political correctness too but hey who knows....like i say theres alot i dont really understand but its my opinion.
At the end of the day she has been released and she is home.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I think you should have respect for other peoples views then - ie pinkpunchs opinion, its a forum, things will be said if your offended by them - so what? w all read things on here that offend us in one way or other and jut let things go, that is life. You get offended, you bitch about it and swiftly move on!

I have no time or patiance for the politics of religeon, its a big reason why the world is a mess today.Im not in anyhow saying I dont respect religeon because i do, but i treat it with caution because im so unknowledgeable about it. But reading and sky news teaches you alot, and for years now i have been aware that religeon i being taken too the extreme in some countries, ie this hole story in my eyes is rediculous!!!

Thank god she will be home soon.

If your taking your knowledge from Sky News than no wonder you think something so disrespectful is justified. To be honest there is always more than meets the eye and what the media does not convey. Study history, study politics and try to learn from respected sources not some 24 hour news channel trying to get the viewers in.

But shes home now alhamdulillah

Freya said:
Hi,

I am an adult - do you think I am afraid of you :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry not me I am big and enough to look after myself. What gives you the impression it was you??? Do you have a guilty conscience?? Or did you just want the last word :wink: Guess we will never know.
BTW not everything revolves around you
:wave:

This is the pm Freya sent me. I am not replying Freya as it is not what I use pm for.

I wouldn't say anything in pm that I wouldnt say in a thread post, unless it was very personal or sensitive.

shown your true colours there Freya :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back