mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

Private Messages should not be posted on the Public Board. You should have replied via pm Lou.

I absolutely love a good intelligent debate on religion and politics, but sometimes a forum isnt the place for it. Contrary to what some seem to think, you CANT say exactly what you want on a forum, because when you sign up you agree to follow certain rules that are in place for a very good reason - to prevent people being nasty, and to allow us mods to step in when we see fit to stop things getting out of hand. Theres other discussion forums out there that are unmoderated and you can say exactly what you want and offend who you want, but they are not very nice places atall.

Its a shame we cant have an intelligent debate without disrespecting and insulting those on here who are religious, its possible in real life conversations so its not difficult. :shakehead:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Private Messages should not be posted on the Public Board. You should have replied via pm Lou.

I absolutely love a good intelligent debate on religion and politics, but sometimes a forum isnt the place for it. Contrary to what some seem to think, you CANT say exactly what you want on a forum, because when you sign up you agree to follow certain rules that are in place for a very good reason - to prevent people being nasty, and to allow us mods to step in when we see fit to stop things getting out of hand. Theres other discussion forums out there that are unmoderated and you can say exactly what you want and offend who you want, but they are not very nice places atall.

Its a shame we cant have an intelligent debate without disrespecting and insulting those on here who are religious, its possible in real life conversations so its not difficult. :shakehead:

I hear what you are saying GGG but Freya's pm to me proves that its hard to have an open and adult discussion when people are saying things behind everyones back and being 2 faced.

I think the pm should be used for personal, sensitive, private matters. Not to be bitchy and provoke an argument. Well thats not what I use my pm for anyway.

I'm well up for a debate and this kind of topic will always be heated. Religion starts wars so a little bit of a disagreement on a forum is not the end of the world and like people have said before, if you don't like the thread don't read it and don't post on it!

:D

Freyas pm to you proves that - regardless of what shes said to you - she understands the need to keep negative feelings off the board and keep it between the 2 of you which is how it should be. Posting someones pm to you on the public board, is imo a cheap shot. If you had taken offence at what she said, you could have replied via pm, or forwarded it to a mod, or even just ignored it.

As for the debate itself, im sure you'll agree theres a massive difference between "a little bit of a disagreement" and out and out insults.

Dont make me lock this thread :twisted: :lol:

Is there anyone who can take this back on topic in an intelligent way please before I lose the will to live? :pray:

Trying to think of a way to save this thread from the depths of the big grey lock symbol... :think:

I like teddy bears if that helps...

921-i_love_you_teddy_bear.jpg

glitzyglamgirl said:
Freyas pm to you proves that - regardless of what shes said to you - she understands the need to keep negative feelings off the board and keep it between the 2 of you which is how it should be. Posting someones pm to you on the public board, is imo a cheap shot. If you had taken offence at what she said, you could have replied via pm, or forwarded it to a mod, or even just ignored it.

As for the debate itself, im sure you'll agree theres a massive difference between "a little bit of a disagreement" and out and out insults.

Dont make me lock this thread :twisted: :lol:

Is there anyone who can take this back on topic in an intelligent way please before I lose the will to live? :pray:

She understands the need to keep negative feelings off the thread? I don't agree and tbh honest I'm shocked you think that :shock: And as for it being a cheap shot I don't agree, like I said I wouldn't say anything on pm I wouldn't say on a post UNLESS it was personal or sensitive or very private. Freya used the pm to have a dig at me.

Anyway....

Back on topic I'm glad the teacher is home now. I'm looking forward to hearing her views on whats happened.

Would be a shame to lock this thread because I'm sure theres lots more to be discussed :think:

teddybearscalendar001007.jpg

:)

(I can find many many more teddy bear pictures to cheer the thread back up with... ;))

in fact here is a panda teddy bear cos i know some of you like pandas

71Z3kF8kROL._AA280_.gif

I think we should stick to non bear related animal toys...

heres pingu! ....

pingu.jpg

And er.... do we have names for these teddy bears???? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Lets go for Morrigan... but wait that might be offensive to pagans... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

name things like i do... i have 2 fishes, called little fish and big fish.

so... i call them "i love u bear", "family bears" and "panda bear",

think that's fair eh :)

good names!!!
our fish are called maverick and goose :p
Bear names are awesome too!!

mrs_tommo22 said:
But reading and sky news teaches you alot
TBF if your getting your knowledge from only Sky news you may want to educate yourself from other source cos news channels this day always make things one sided and sensational just to get people watching.

I'm not knowledgable on Islam apart from what I read mainly on internet sites when I try to make myself an ikkle bit cleverer :doh: and even then I'm not sure how you can trust the information too much cos whatever site your going on is generally one sided.

I don't think it was apprioate for PP to say what she said. It was bound to cause offence to T.A.T and any other muslim who may read it and they shouldn't just have to 'deal with it'

We are all entitled to our own opinions afterall but were not entitled to say something with the sole purpose to aggrivate someone else :roll:

But mods please dont lock the thread.. a bit like religion.. it's a minority that spoils it not the majority :lol:

Alot of people are too busy with their everyday lives though, me for one, to read up on every single news topic to be sure they have the right information. It shouldn't stop someone from expressing their views just because they have limited information. Nobody knows everything about everything! I agree you should think about what you are saying sometimes before you say it and the rapist / murderer post was a bit harsh but if its true, which I don't know either way, then surely she was only stating facts, not harmful, hurtful lies?

Now that is only my opinion based on what i know. If someone wants to enlighten me then I will listen and be open to correction :wink:

I apologise for what I said earlier, not that I don't think it to be true but as some people have said, its not appropriate. I just don't see the point in talking about it and not getting to the root of the discussion but maybe most people like to stick to light hearted chats, so Im sorry for that.

I was just getting to the point of "why" is muhammed such a sacred name which is vital in understanding "why" this woman needed punished for dishonouring him. Hence the whole point of the discussion....

Lots of people say things about Jesus Christ to me, do I get offended? No, I explain "why" I worship him.. not "get your facts straight" as I more or less got in pm.

Anyway this apology is going downhill lol. Bascially, it was my opinion and it wasn't meant to upset anyone, why would I want that? I just felt that its my opinion and its up to those who respond to agree or disagree with it.. thats what a discussion is after all.

:hug:

I agree Lou.. I'm with you on the fact I have busy life (she says when she's sat on here half of day :lol: ) I dont read too much about subjects that I dont really have any interest in. But most predudice are born out of ignorance and thats why unless your well informed on a subject you shouldn't really have strong views. We all hold an opinion based on what we know and yes we are entitled to that opinion. Were just not all entitled to voice our uninformed opinions when we know it'll p other people off :?

by the way this isn't aimed at you.. just a reply to what you said.

As for the rape thing.. i googled it and found conflicting information on whether or not this is true so I couldn't tell you

PinkPunch said:
I apologise for what I said earlier, not that I don't think it to be true but as some people have said, its not appropriate. I just don't see the point in talking about it and not getting to the root of the discussion but maybe most people like to stick to light hearted chats, so Im sorry for that.

I was just getting to the point of "why" is muhammed such a sacred name which is vital in understanding "why" this woman needed punished for dishonouring him. Hence the whole point of the discussion....

Lots of people say things about Jesus Christ to me, do I get offended? No, I explain "why" I worship him.. not "get your facts straight" as I more or less got in pm.

Anyway this apology is going downhill lol. Bascially, it was my opinion and it wasn't meant to upset anyone, why would I want that? I just felt that its my opinion and its up to those who respond to agree or disagree with it.. thats what a discussion is after all.

You can't say fairer than that! :D Don't be intimidated by people pm'ing you. Its a cowardly thing to do so take no notice.

I understand what your all saying, I really do. But surely this discussion has made the point that you can't take anyones opinion for the truth, you MUST research it for yourself. Never take anyones word for it, even mine :wink:

I'm not knowledgable on Islam apart from what I read mainly on internet
Sweetcheeks

If someone wants to enlighten me then I will listen and be open to correction
Lou

As for the rape thing.. i googled it and found conflicting information on whether or not this is true so I couldn't tell you
Sweetcheeks

I mean this with the greatest repsect.. but maybe this is something you should look into rather than saying "if pinkpunch is right, thats ok, if shes wrong, thats terribly offensive"

To be honest, I have looked into it and perhaps thats why im very passionate about this particular topic. Apart from TeenAsma.. no one really seems to know anything about it other than "can she really say that"??

PinkPunch said:
To be honest, I have looked into it and perhaps thats why im very passionate about this particular topic. Apart from TeenAsma.. no one really seems to know anything about it other than "can she really say that"??

Like I said I have looked into it and I've found conflicting information on whether or not it is true, and probably without years studying the koran I probably can't answer that. I do know he married a girl of 7/8 and consummated the marriage at approx 9 years of age and this is admitted by muslim scholars but it's also said in that age this wasn't unusual. :think:

This is my view on religeon :sleep: and thats the way i intend to stay!

And the thing on sky news, ffs it was a joke!

PinkPunch said:
I understand what your all saying, I really do. But surely this discussion has made the point that you can't take anyones opinion for the truth, you MUST research it for yourself. Never take anyones word for it, even mine :wink:

I'm not knowledgable on Islam apart from what I read mainly on internet
Sweetcheeks

[quote:3wgons2y]If someone wants to enlighten me then I will listen and be open to correction

Lou

I mean this with the greatest repsect.. but maybe this is something you should look into rather than saying "if pinkpunch is right, thats ok, if shes wrong, thats terribly offensive"

To be honest, I have looked into it and perhaps thats why im very passionate about this particular topic. Apart from TeenAsma.. no one really seems to know anything about it other than "can she really say that"??[/quote:3wgons2y]

If you look back at my posts you will see you haven't quoted what I actually said. I did say "If someone wants to enlighten me then I will listen and be open to correction". I did'nt say I had googled the rape thing.

I'm not mad at you or anything but would appreciate it you could correct this by making a post with the right quotes and direct your post at whoever it should be directed at :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back