mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

its digusting and scarythat people would react like that :x

i don't understand what's wrong? are islam people against teddies? why would it matter what the teddy was called?

sorry, i just don't get it, honestly :oops:

leckershell said:
i don't understand what's wrong? are islam people against teddies? why would it matter what the teddy was called?

sorry, i just don't get it, honestly :oops:

i don't know either :oops: lol but it says this on the website;

It is seen as an insult to Islam to attempt to make an image of the Prophet Muhammad.

where's budge when we need her comments :) she's braver than me

I think it's bloody stupid. I'm sorry but the kid chose to name the teddy after himself not a phrophet, and even if he did then where is the harm in that? Also how can any peaceful loving religion justify whipping somebody 50 times in the name of their god? :roll:

don't get me started on religion :x some religions are ok but... :x no... i'm staying away from this one... il curse to myself instead of to a diverse public forum.

dont get me started on releigion either...

I once got thrown out of my Religious Studies class as the teacher asked me what started wars and I answered religion - it's true tho!! :x

SarahH said:
dont get me started on releigion either...

I once got thrown out of my Religious Studies class as the teacher asked me what started wars and I answered religion - it's true tho!! :x

I got kicked out of my Religious Studies GCSE for writing a controversial essay that my girls grammar school were embarrased to submit.

Its because your not meant to portray if thats the right word the prophet mohammed it could be seen by some to be derogatory towards the prophet to name a teddy bear mohammed. although it is very un-necessary i wouldnt blame the religion because if it was in this country i dont think anyone would take a blind bit of notice it's a different country with a completely different way of life and evidently differnt laws and different punishments.

It's obviously wrong to have arrested her and completely over the top they could have taken her to one side and explained that this was not acceptable in their culture but when you decide to live and work in another country that is strongly religious you are taking a big risk.

Squiglet was tackling the mountain of laundry which is currently an insult to my eyes... and deserves 50 lashings.. or the DH does for not helping as its mostly his stuff... :rotfl:

Personally I think its complete rubbish, although I respect the religion and understand that you cannot make graven images of the Prophet, in the same way as in Christianity you cannot make a graven image of God... However it is religious fervour gone mad and if I was to argue the point it would be something like this...

It's an insult to Islam to attempt to make and image of the Prophet Muhammad, if we take that statement as fact... and if we take it as fact that the Prophet Muhammad was a man and did exist (which I dare any Muslim to say is not true ;) ) ... therefore any man/boy named after Muhammad is an insult to Islam because they have been made out to be the image of the Prophet Muhammad right... ??? They have been given Muhammad as a name because that name bestows on them the qualities of the Prophet...???

But we all know that the Prophet Muhammad was not a sweet squishy teddy bear, therefore, it is not an insult to Islam because it is not a graven image of the Prophet Muhammad, but is in fact named after its owner, who I am pretty sure doesn't have any issues about being represented by a teddy..

Yes I got into plenty of trouble as a kid during my RE classes for arguing points to... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Came out with an A* for GCSE though, which my teacher said I wouldn't get because I was too argumentative. Shame he wasn't marking the papers then :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sorry but I don't understand when people say 'don't blame the religion' afterall this punishment is being given in the name of this religion so I don't think you can seperate the 2 in this instance. :(

This woman is obviously a good soul.. travelled the world helping different people all over the 3rd world before teaching.. how on earth does she deserve that punishment i dont know.

I dont think religion is a bad thing at all.. each to their own beliefs but when its to this extremity I'm sorry but no body can justify it to me :?

i never once said that she deserved the punishment at all. i said dont blame the religion because this is very much to do with the country it happened in. i think everyone agrees that it should not have happened i was simply saying that its a different country so different rules.

Just seen the poll... bugger that.. I wouldn't take any punishment! What type of world do we live in :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back