mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

Ok Ok... I admit it... I did steal the platypus line from Dogma... and didn't quote it.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But it is soooo true... :rotfl:

I mean come on... what the ????

platypus-03-swimming.JPG

If anything its an animal that PROVES creationist theory... :D not the evolutionists... I think God must have been sipping a bit too much of the communal wine that day... :shock:

:wink: Not being derogatory towards you PP.... I think God would have a sense of humour otherwise would there be humour at all.. :)

Did you know the daddy long legs has the most venomous poison known to man, but has no way to administer it?

ok, that was in a ricky gervais routine and I have no idea if its actually true or not, but if it is......WTF? :rotfl:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Did you know the daddy long legs has the most venomous poison known to man, but has no way to administer it?

ok, that was in a ricky gervais routine and I have no idea if its actually true or not, but if it is......WTF? :rotfl:

I always wonder this too :doh: I mean if they do then how come when my dog eats them he doesn't collapse and die :doh:

i'm gonna google i think

wikipedia: Most venomous?
There is an urban legend stating that daddy long-legs spiders have the most potent venom of any spider, but that their chelicera (fangs) are either too small or too weak to puncture human skin; the same legend is also repeated of the harvestman and crane fly, also called "daddy long-legs" in some locales. Indeed, pholcid spiders do have a short fang structure (called uncate). However, brown recluse spiders also have uncate fang structure, but are able to deliver medically significant bites. Either pholcid venom is not toxic to humans or there is a musculature difference between the two arachnids, with recluses, being hunting spiders, possessing stronger muscles for fang penetration. [2]

In 2004, the Discovery Channel show MythBusters set out to test the daddy long-legs myth (season 1, episode 13 "Buried in Concrete"). After measuring the spider's fangs at approximately 0.25 mm (average human skin thickness varies from about 0.5mm to 4mm), the show's host was apparently bitten, although the bite produced little more than a mild short-lived burning sensation. This appears to confirm the suspicion that pholcids can penetrate human skin, but that their venom is practically harmless to humans. Additionally, recent research by Alan Van Dyke has shown that pholcid venom is actually relatively weak in its effects on insects as well[5].

According to the University of California at Riverside, the daddy long-legs spider has never harmed a human and there is no proof that they are poisonous to humans.[6]

One reason why these spiders are said to be so dangerous could be that they regularly prey on other spiders, including the black widow (Latrodectus spp.), which itself can be dangerous to humans, with the reasoning that the preying spider must be even more venomous. (Pinto-da-Rocha et al. 2007:4)

glitzyglamgirl said:

Wow :shock:

Did you know that a camels spit is truely venomous especially if it's a full moon?
Gotcha :rotfl:

Seriously though, very interesing about the Daddy Long Legs.

So my question is why does every christian I encounter tell me that what I believe in is wrong and the devils work, when what I have stated above has derived from paganism?

Im totally aware of that, infact, aren't christmas trees pagan? :think: I dunno, but I always thought they were.

Jesus birth was predicted in the old testament and happened in the new. It was planned from the beginning - before any pagans were around. So when he was born, people came from far away to worship him and to this day, we celebrate Jesus birth. So even if we do celebrate our own traditions at the same time, we are celebrating different things anyway.

I know Jesus wasn't born on the 25th December and perhaps Christians choose that date because its when your yule celebrations take place.. including some of the traditions you have :)

At the end of the day our celebrations are very similar.
They are very similiar and celebrated at the same time, but as I said, we are celebrating for different reasons and no doubt, its those reasons which Christians don't agree with.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back