Mobile or lightshow

Olive

Reaction score
What's best in your opinion?

I got a fisherprice mobile that had glowing animals and a pants lightshow of just stars that don't move or change colour.

Am currently listening to my son squealing at the glowing animals but sometimes I cant figure if it freaks him out! I have seen him smiling at it but he jumps when its switches animal lol.

Just wondering if it's worth investing in a lightshow (if you like them, which one is good?).

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

I have the Chicco one, its doesn't do much, just shines stars and plays music and nature noises but Jax really finds it relaxing and it sends him straight off to sleep :)

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :)

We have a light/music box thing and O loves it! It plays for 20 mins but he conks out after bout 5-10mins lol

His mobile he watches and laughs at but doesn't go to sleep :-/

We have a fisherprice one with both mobile and light show. Can't say that I think the light show makes any difference tbh

We've got the tomy winnie the pooh light show and its great, when tegan was about 4 months she refused to nap turn that on and she'd go to sleep! Only recently stopped using it for naps and she's 17 months x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

My Winnie the pooh one over stimulates Tyler its so loud even on the lowest setting!!

We have a vtech light show that plays either natural noises or music with lights on the ceiling. It goes for 5 or 10 mins and the volume can be adjusted by push button and. It just loud or quiet. E loves it and it calms her down a treat. We only have it on at night so she knows it bed time as we are starting to get her in a routine now.

We have a fisherprice precious planets one. The mobile it is pants and Jack took no notice of it so we took it off. The lightshow keeps him awake because he's a nosey little beggar but the music really helps him to sleep! Especially if he stirs in the night, I just pop his dummy back in, switch the music on and he's sleeping again in minutes! x

Thanks ladies will look them up.

MrsMc my lo is the same. I think it keeps him awake!

X

I got mine from Mothercare about 3 weeks ago. It's by Vtech but I can't find it on the website for some reason. It was only £12.99 and seems to really help keep Noah calm. Plus we only play it at night-time when he's put in his moses basket, so it makes him realise it's bedtime when it's played :) it's good.

So is the precious planet one poop! I've been thinking of buying it x

My lo had mobile that just made him want to play so got a chicco cot toy that lights up and plays classical music it sent us all to sleep in min.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I've got the bt baby monitor which has music & a lightshow, she loves it. I've actually just packed away her mobile, we got the myleen klass baby k one and although she would watch it it is quite noisy so wouldn't help her sleep

Thanks again. I've got a BT monitor but no light show. Boo! Should have spent the extra bucks. Tbh I spent nearly £50 on his mobile when I was pregnant and am half regretting it now. I really don't know if he likes it or not! Sometimes he seems excited and other times jumpy when they flash!

X

They often have them reduced too.

Though tbh its not that expensive compared to some mobiles that you wind up. Only problem I had was it eats batteries but dont they all?! x

They often have them reduced too.

Though tbh its not that expensive compared to some mobiles that you wind up. Only problem I had was it eats batteries but dont they all?! x

I've just reserved one in Smyths. Amazon, Mothercare, Kiddicare all out of stock!

One review said the timer is noisy and the lady says "its lullaby time" (lol). Do you find that? All the others were good.

Don't get me started on batteries. Ewan the Sheep ran out last week and made an awful sound and I couldn't get the batteries out. Lol. Woke us all up!

It can be noisy and the woman saying its lullaby time drove me mad lol but AJ didnt mind :) Which is what mattered most.

Poor Ewan lol

My sister bought this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3992342/Trail/searchtext>NIGHTLIGHT.htm
She said my nephew loves it.

There is loads of options out there. We chose the one we did as it was recommended by a friend and her LO loved it. It worked for us and meant less getting up to settle AJ in the night. x

Thanks hun. It's a great price and I think the fact that it's out of stock everywhere must be a good sign too. I'll let you know how I get on! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back