Mixed emotions.

badtasteinmusi

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I have pcos and have managed to convince myself that conceiving is going to be tough. OH and I have talked about it and we both want to start a family sooner rather than later so I have been using opk's to find out if I am even ovulating (convinced myself I wouldn't be) but, lo and behold, I got my first +ive opk last night. I got rather excited and told oh who thought I was just using them to make sure i was ovulating and not so we could plan nookie time. He then goes a bit funny and suddenly nookie is off then menu! Gutted to say the least. My only consolation is that we BD'd yesterday morning so fingers crossed. I know he's just worried about money but that doesn't make it any easier for me. Sorry for the long post.

Ah men are odd like that! I was doing OPKs when TTC or no1 and the month I conceived we only bd'd twice! And that was because I really pushed to. The main reason was that I was showing him my OPK every day asking if he thought it was +VE or not...he said is took all the spontineity and fun out of it and made him feel like he was just there to bd when there was a +ve
OPK. This time round, I am not telling him I am doing them. So he feels less pressured. When I get a +ve OPK I will make myself look lovely and then pretend I am not interested in bd...guaranteed nookie!! ;)

Try not to worry, sperm can live for 5 days in the right conditions...and at least now, you know you are ovulating! :)

Good luck hun.

Men can be odd. This time round my hubby is super keen, but I think that is due to our loss.
Last time, I didn't use opk's or anything but had a good idea when I was ov due to EWCM and just made sure that we BD'd around the right time.
They just don't like to feel pressured and although the theory of a baby sounds fine, sometimes they get overly worried about the reality! Maybe keep the opk thing to yourself next cycle, although fingers crossed there won't have to be a next cycle - when I caught in November I had been really ill for two weeks and hubby was away with work for 10 days - we only bd'd once that month on cycle day 11 and caught, so fx'd for you.xx

Men are very strange when it comes to this kind of thing. I got the oh well it's ok we can just leave it until tomorrow, they just don't get it!

ahh hun as you can see you're not alone in this area...my dh acts the same way sometimes its just best to keep opk+ for the forum. My dh knows we are actively ttc but just doesn't want to know the "details"

Last edited:
I have PCOS! I've been TTC since september and zilch...but i've never had a + opk. We've decided sooner rather than later. But i do have other medicla problems.

GL TTC
Charlotte
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111