OPK's, do they work for everyone?

KJL

Reaction score
I have been using OPK's for the last 2 months and just don't seem to be picking up any ovulation. This is really stressing me out as I am concerned I am not ovulating or i'm ovulating to late in my cycle. Is it possible that I am just not compatible with OPK's or is it more likely i'm not ovulating? :( I generally have a 28 days cycle and BD'd every other day around the time I "should be" ovulating. Apart from 3 days that I had faint lines I had nothing.

My CM has been showing differences in texture etc throughout my cycle though suggesting that changes are occuring throughout my cycle.

I'm getting confused and stressed with the OPK's and really really concerned that I am just not ovulating :? I have tried the SME test strips and the clear blue digi. Do I just ditch the OPK's and rely on CM?

Anyone else has issues with OPK's

Didn't want to read and run, hon. :hug: I know there are some women who never seem to get a true positive on the opks, but it should at least be darker than it usually is if you're ovulating, if that makes sense. I can't really speak from experience on this one b/c I only started using the opk's this cycle and...well....you can see from my CD how THAT's going for me. :lol: If you find that you think you're ov-ing but you're not getting positives, you might want to try the higher sensitivity (lower mIU) tests - I know fertilityplan on ebay has some that are 15mIU, I think. Good luck!

Thanx hun, gonna try that, will go on ebay now. I know OPK's are supposed to make things easier but now i'm even more stressed out which won't make TTC any easier :wall:

Hi, I have used opk's for about 3 cycles now and am beginning to wonder if they are actually doing me any good! I think they are a useful tool if used correctly but I also think they can also add too much stress and put too much emphasis on ovulation. I think the results on opks can vary greatly depending on time of day and how much youve had to drink before doing the test.
I will still use them but im tryin to switch off a bit and not get too focused on them.

hondagirl said:
Hi, I have used opk's for about 3 cycles now and am beginning to wonder if they are actually doing me any good! I think they are a useful tool if used correctly but I also think they can also add too much stress and put too much emphasis on ovulation. I think the results on opks can vary greatly depending on time of day and how much youve had to drink before doing the test.
I will still use them but im tryin to switch off a bit and not get too focused on them.

I know what you mean...they are really addictive and can make the whole thing even more stressful! I think I'm going to lay off them next cycle and just BD every other day instead :lol:

I have to agree they just get you worked up - and stressed I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Nurse and she told me to save my money and put it towards something else!?

I know I can not speak for everyone but women of all ages managed to get pregnant before they came on the market!?

I do wish you luck! x

They didn't work for me because I drink too much and dilute my urine :oops:

SpaceAngel said:
They didn't work for me because I drink too much and dilute my urine :oops:

oh that is interesting...I drink truck loads of tea :think:

(Hi all, first post from a newbie! :wave: ) I've been using OPKs for the last two cycles. Haven't had a positive yet - just some faint lines. Thank you for your original post, KJL. I was beginning to go mad thinking that I was the only person for whom OPKs are not working. It's made me unduly stressed - I have a somewhat irregular cycle of 28-35 days and the lack of positive OPKs has just made confused and stressed.

Monitoring CM has been more informative for me. I have no idea if this will be successful because this is my first month TTC.

I've spent a fortune on OPKs - once the ones I have bought have run out I will not be replacing them. Too much stress too early on.

Silverlark

Hi silverlark :wave: , I'm relieved to hear that I am not the only one finding OPK's not very useful! Like you I am going to stick to monitoring my CM next month...that's unless I get a BFP next week :pray: Not very likely though :(

I'm also going to save some money and instead pamper myself with a nice facial :D If I feel relaxed maybe I have a better chance of conceiving :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back