Migraine!!!!! help it's unbearable

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Munz, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Munz

Munz Well-Known Member

ok so yday I woke up feeling rather rough.. sore throat and headache!
    Last night my head was pounding so hard I tied a tie round my head... :,( I cried earlier couldn't take the pain.. I sent hubby over to get me something over the counter but they recommend nothing!! arrgghhhh I wana scream but that'll my the migraine worse :/

Helppp I need some relief !!! xxx

2. Munz

Munz Well-Known Member

* make my migraine worse

3. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Have you tried a cold compress to your head. When I had a cold my doctor said taking normal paracetamol was fine so long as you don't exceed 1g per dose (2x 500mg tablets) up to for times a day but for no more than 3 days in a week.

Can you OH give you a neck/head massage?

Really hope you feel better soon xx

4. vixxie77

vixxie77 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain hun, I suffer with them all the time, since I was 15 and when I was pregnant, its awful! Go and see your gp, if they persist, they may be able to prescribe you something. Go and lie in a dark room and try and relax your forehead or have a fan blowing cold air on your head. Really hope it eases soon :hugs: x x

#4 vixxie77, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  5. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

i never took anything in tri 1 but i did have one of those forehead rub things, seemed to do the trick x

6. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Aw sorry to hear that hun! The tie around the head trick always works for me but then that's just for normal headaches rather than migraines.

Apparently headaches/migraines start because we need more fluids. So try drinking lots of water and lying in a dark room x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

7. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon!! They're horrible, I usually just lie in my room under my duvet and have a large glass of juice and some painkillers and try to sleep it off x

8. frankie247

frankie247 Well-Known Member

You can take normal paracetamol, I got a bad migraine, at about 5 weeks. I took normal paracetamol and all was fine. My midwife said its the only thing you can take safely. Other than that, I suffer alot with migraines but it's because I don't drink enough. Recently I've upped my fluid intake and I haven't had anymore. So make sure you are getting enough to drink. Go rest in a dark room that is cool and not stuffy and it should start to ease off. Hope you feel better soon. X