midwife meeting, not happy

nikkie88

Reaction score
i feel very unhappy about the lack of info iv currently had of my midwife, i feel as though im jus bein treated like cattle, another one in another one out.
I haven't received my MAT1 or MATB1 form yet and work needed it yesterday to organize my mat leave!.. im meetin with midwife again tomorrow, and feel i may actually sulk and splurt out how rubbish they've been!!...
I needed iron tablets in the beginning but she "forgot" to phone my drs to ask for them so i've done without. im sure i should have more info than i do, i know i been reading books but on a 1 to 1 basis with midwife at 26 weeks i think i should feel more prepared than i do..
Just wondered how everyone else feels about their midwife before i go like a crocodile snapping at the uselessness of the service! :S

Mine have been ok up to now but I must admit i've never seen the same one twice thats my only issue really.

Last edited:
have u received ur mat1 forms etc?
i've not seen the same one twice either! lol... I jus feel a bit out of the loop!

The whole thing i've felt abit like "what am i supposed to do now" I think if they gave me a book to begin with, with what is expected of me, when i should be calling for appointments making sure i get this and that done. Instead they have left it up to me to find out all the info.

I got my Matb1 form from my Drs at my 22wk check. but thats because where i am i see my gp and wont be seeing my midwife until 28wk.

Hey girls I've been quite lucky with mine because she's the only one at my drs surgery and she's really nice and she always answers any questions I have. Xx

I duno, maybe im just having a bitchy day and feeling like moaning... But i DO think the midwife service is CRAP! lol

Have to say although it's my first baby so far have had excellent care from first time I saw midwife at 6 weeks.

Each time I've been she's booked the next appointment for me.

She said at my last appointment shed do my MAT form at my next appointment. By then I'll be just over 24 weeks

see, there's been no mention of MAT forms and I'm 25 wks.. i just have a bit of brain ache today, thinking of things that need doing. Urgh.. im having an ordeal of a day! i jus phoned my work and they said they're not in a hurry to receive it luckily but, i still feel stressed, and i don't like it.
The midwifes i suppose have been ok, they've tested all the right things when i had appointments i just think im at the stage where i think i'm getting on a bit in the pregnancy stage and haven't seen or had enough reassurance... I feel like crying!! hahahaaa. Pathetic. Im a bit of an organization freak so i need to find a way to chill out, but i jus feel there's a lot to do and imi thinking "what do i need to know next" coz there's not long to go and i don't know whats happening or whats Going to happen.
I need to be prepared!!! I should be in the army wiht my military style of thinking. :(:( Am i being a bit obsessive.. Someone smack me!!!!

I have had my mat b form at my 25 week appointment but had to ask. The last time I went (3weeks ago) I saw a stand in midwife as the 3 who are in the team at the childrens centre where I go were off sick she told me she wasn't familiar with the new notes they are now using....she was really nice though....but saying that they all have been nice just never seen the same one twice.

Yeh they are really nice, im just being an angry hag. I need to get a grip & stop stressing and letting questions about everything go round and round in my head knowing there's not gona b an answer till i ask tomorrow!

Hey Nikkie,

I totally agree! Mine is like that she doesn't weigh me or anything, and whenever I ask her a question she refers me to a number, never once mentioned about the flu jab at my last appt, next one is end of Dec! So I raised the question of whether I should get it, got a 1 word answer and when I asked how I go about getting it she referred me to reception, This one of many times she has been useless, I have seen another midwife before and she was just as hopeless! xx
I truely feel it is something so different from what I expected xx

Hey girls I've been quite lucky with mine because she's the only one at my drs surgery and she's really nice and she always answers any questions I have. Xx

Mine are lovely too. We have the clinical mw's as well as community so we get the best of both

Hey Nikkie,

I totally agree! Mine is like that she doesn't weigh me or anything, and whenever I ask her a question she refers me to a number, never once mentioned about the flu jab at my last appt, next one is end of Dec! So I raised the question of whether I should get it, got a 1 word answer and when I asked how I go about getting it she referred me to reception, This one of many times she has been useless, I have seen another midwife before and she was just as hopeless! xx
I truely feel it is something so different from what I expected xx

Yeh its like they dont have any interested they just wana go through the motions and routine of what they usually do, no mention of flu jab, or any questions (not that i even knew what to ask 6 weeks ago!) ... and they say if i need to get hold of anyone, to phone the midwife number and someone will get back to me, i done that when i needed iron tablets, they took 24 hours to get back to me, and 'forgot' to phone my GP to get a prescription!... I think my laid back attitude has given them the wrong impression to be just as laid back and carefree of giving any information or finding out about how im doing.
I told them i'd lost weight rather than gained it and the response i got was "yeh, we don't really worry about weight too much, as long as the size of ur baby is ok!", but they didn't even know how the baby was until my 20 wk scan, and i haven't seen them since then... it's been another 6 weeks since then. I know there's not a lot to worry about otherwise the sonographer would have mentioned something, but it just feels a lack of concern or support.
Tomorrow i will have a list of things i want to ask, Visiting the Maternity ward, Birthing plan, pre-natal classes available etc, MAT1 (B1) forms will be mentioned, i will be sitting there for longer than 5 minutes, unlike my usually appts!! ....lol!
This Hormonal Cow means business! I want all the details! I'm guna come from there feeling like the GI JANE of pregnancy knowledge!

I like my midwife but I do feel she never listens to me or anything x

My midwife seems alright actually. I do remember at my booking in appointment though, she seemed a bit uninterested (and she also commented how bored she was and how the form she had to fill in for us was like her 20th that day) while me and OH were overly excited about our new baby. But since I've been visiting her, she's been quite nice and informative.
I had to ask for my matb1 form at my 20 week appointment though. If I hadn't of mentioned it then she definately wouldn't of asked if I needed it.

Sounds absolutely shocking how you're been treated - I wouldn't be happy at all with that service!
Is there nobody you can speak to about it?

Last edited:
Yeh, them! lol. i will say how i feel tomorrow. I just think they need to get a grip. lol

Hi, Ive never seen the same one twice, when I see people on here saying ohhh will call midwife I dont have an assigned midwife, I asked for my materinty exemption card at one of my appointments and it was sent through, havent got my MATB1 Form but have an appointment on Mon so gonna ask for it cos need it to claim MAt Allowance. I wouldnt say the service has been crap but i find it impersonal and said to them if I had any concerns who would I call? They asked me what i meant, I was like well if any pains or anything and they told me to call the labour ward so there you go. To be honest Im not that bothered but do feel like dont get much info unless I ask first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back