Not seen a midwife since 12 weeks.

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
I know its properly my fault for forgetting to make appointments but the last time I saw a midwife was at my 8 week booking in appointment.
I have booked one for the 4th of November but Ill be 27 1/2 weeks then, I also have my 4d scan that day so cant wait for that :)
Are midwife appointments very important, I cant really remember what happened at them tbh even though Iv already have 1 baby, Im very forgetful lol
Everything seems fine though, I dont feel her kick alot in the day, but maybe I just dont notice because im occupied with Joe but when Im in bed at night thats when she starts to kick, little madam lol
I Still dont think she kicks half as much as my boy did, but do get proberly 10 kicks a day so everything should be ok?
Apart from the occasional dizzy spell everything seems ok. So its not too much worry is it that I wont see a midwife for a few more weeks?

Last edited:
Obviously you should have seen a midwife once or twice in between that period. They like to keep your blood pressure, urine and bloods monitored so if your having any probs in between your next appt i'd go see your gp or try get a quicker appt with the midwife. :)

I tried to get an earlier one with the midwife, but because I live in a small village you can hardly get appointments.
The only thing I am worrying about atm is how much she kicks.
Some days will be really quiet and ill hardly feel her and then the next shes quite active, is that normal?

Yeah apparently so, i'm the same some days are more active than others. If you can't get appt with midwife and you would like to speak to someone, get that appt with your gp, she might be able to put your mind at rest.

i saw my midwife at 11 weeks and again at 21 weeks.....i dont see her again til im 25 weeks,
pls make an appointment she should have made one for u. ur midwife is lapsing sweety

No, that sounds like me. I had one at 15 weeks, then the next one today. But I felt really un-supported, so booked myself in, and she was a different woman and really miserable and like, what do you want me to say?

I was looking at the front of the medical book and the dates for visits are totally different.

Oh **%7$, just remembered I've forgotten my medical book :wall:

your 25 weeks now hun you need to see a midwife x

Yeah, got one this afternoon. Very glad cos I'm having bad pains down my side. Someone at work has said it's ligamnets and I need to really slow down, but need to be able to say midwife says for hubby to take notice, lol!

*edit* oops, that wasn't for me, sorry for butting in!!

Last edited:
as others have said, your midwife should have made an appointment. if she did make one and you missed it, she should have called to see everything was alright. if she called and you missed her, she should have written out to you.

I would call and ask to speak to her about it. im sure she'll be able to squeeze you in sooner xx

You get slilghtly less appointments when you have had a baby already like you, but you should have had one more appointment in the mdidle approx 16 weeks.

I have had a 10 week one, then she made the other appointments for me, one at 17 week one and 28 week one now, and don't actually have one booked at all now, but have consultant at 34 weeks, so will now not worry about local midwifes myself. Ask her at the next one for a date befor you leave for the next visit, you will also need to have them to get your health in pregnancy grant , if you 25 weeks before 1st Jan

Ok thanks everyone :)
I went up and saw the midwife at the hospital because I couldnt get a sooner doctor or midwife appointment and everythings ok.
So now have my midwife appointment at the docs on 4th nov :)

Ok thanks everyone :)
I went up and saw the midwife at the hospital because I couldnt get a sooner doctor or midwife appointment and everythings ok.
So now have my midwife appointment at the docs on 4th nov :)

well done for chasing it up, best to be on the safe side, glad all was well :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back