STILL no movements and not seeing midwife till 16th!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi All,

I still can't feel any movements at all from peanut. I am now starting to get worried.

i used my doppler last night and found a heartbeat but it seemed much quicker than it usually does.

Does anyone know how fast roughly it should be?

I was supposed to see the midwife at 22 weeks but can't get an appointment till the 16th when i'll be almost 24 weeks.

Should i be worried??

:( :( :(

Lau
x

If peanut has been moving around then his heartbeat will sound faster.

As for not feeling him move, I know how concerned you are so I would insist on seeing the midwife sooner.

Its probably nothing to worry about but if you're worried about things they're meant to be there to put your mind at rest :)

I believe it should be anything between 140-160 beats per minute.

Your baby is probably comfy or you just can't feel it, please don't worry,if you have a heartbeat then all should be fine.

:hug:

I think was around the high end at 160ish, it's usually around 130-140 though.

I just feel worried as everyone seems to be feeling movemtns and i can't. And i can't get to see my midwife for ages which doesn't help if something was wrong.

:cry:

Try not to worry hun, some babies move alot more than others. im sure you will feel it soon. Im not sure on the hearbeat thing all i know is a girl beats faster than a boy
If your really concerned you can go and see your doc or call the MW thats what their there for.
x

Mine hasnt moved much at all for about 3 days now and Im a bit worried so I know how you feel.

At least having the doppler is a bit of reassurance for you :hug:

My LO's heart seems to beat always at 150, give or take.

I think when we talk about feeling movements, sometimes it sounds as if we are being bombarded all day long.

Personally most movements I feel are very gentle and could be easily ignored, I don't notice them for instance if I am doing housework or shopping or similar.

If I am sitting quietly at work or in the evening they are stronger, but everyday is different really. I've been feeling movements for about 5 weeks now and there has only been about 2 days where baby seemed really active!

My Mum said I didn't move about alot when she had me, and MIL said the same.

LO could be kicking towards your back and you might not feel it anyway.

However I did read somewhere that you should see someone if you haven't felt anything at all by either 22 or 24 weeks (can't remember which!)

You might find that once you feel something for sure, you will think 'oh I felt something like that before' then you will know its been going on for a while... If you see what I mean?

:D

Yeah i suppose.

It's just upsetting, i wish i could just see him again so i know he is ok or have the midwife tell me its fine.

I know its good as i can hear his heart going but i still worry especially when it sounds different.

I will check it again when i get home from work. I'm having a half day as my ribs are killing me today :(

lau
x

lmarszall said:
Yeah i suppose.

It's just upsetting, i wish i could just see him again so i know he is ok or have the midwife tell me its fine.

I know its good as i can hear his heart going but i still worry especially when it sounds different.

I will check it again when i get home from work. I'm having a half day as my ribs are killing me today :(

lau
x

Lau, :think: could it be that your baby is kicking you higher up into your chest and those aches you feel in your ribs might be LO stretching out.

Would you be able to go to the doctors instead of the MW if you are still worrying? Or how about having a private scan if you can afford it?

My baby's heartbeat was 162 when I had the CVS scan 4 weeks ago. Although that seemed high to me the sonographer said it was nothing to worry about.

Sabrina
x

Hi

Dont worry hun ive felt baby move since 13 weeks and just recently havent felt it but teh doctor told me its probably because the baby is laying towards my back where i wont feel them.
My baby is high in the heart beat range too ranges from 168-178bpm which is quite high.

Katrina

Thanks ladies :)

I can't really afford a private scan so i guess i will have to wait until next friday to ask my useless midwife :?

Thanks for the help it is just so worrying and there is no one to ask.

Lau
xx

i'm sure it is really nothing to worry about... what have you tried to get him to move?? can you hear him move on the doppler?? it might just be your placenta in the way and just softening the movement... as long as you can hear a heart beat the all is fine

but if it's really starting to get you down, the as you said get it checked out

did you ask the midwife on the phone?? :hug: :hug:

just to add ...I was about your stage when I first felt the movements...it was certainly in the 22 week and most the others on this forum had felt theirs much earlier...i had reached the stage of asking people to not ask me if i had felt the baby move and was feeling a bit of a failure then he started kicking... and is doing fine and dandy now i can even watch him kick me now ( although when i tell others to look he stops)

And the heartbeat i was told by M/w their heart rate depends on what they are doing its a sign your LO is moving around if their h/b is higher.

Hiya,

I haven't actually got a number for my midwfie neeko, i have to leave a message at the surgery for her to ring me and she is only there a day and a half a week. Stupid i know!

thanks cloud. I just feel better knowing it's not just me. And people keep asking me which is upsetting :( I'm feeling fragile at the moment anyway!

Last night DP and i used the doppler and kept finding and losing his heartbeat. I think he was doing somersaults somewhere behind my belly button as the hb was all over the place!

DP also spent ages talking to my belly to try and encouge a kick or something and gave me a relaxing belly rub.

But still no joy. I am happy that he is still in there dancing away, just want to join the baby kicks club :(

Thanks
lau
xx

Hi,

Try not to worry. I didn't feel Phoebe move until I was 24weeks.

I'm sure he'll move when he's ready and once he does you'll be forever wishing he'd stop!!

Sounds like he might be positioned really deep inside. Sometimes I don't feel him for ages and then he wakes up and moves around. I also think it depends on your body shape and how tall you are and how big the baby is. There are times when I feel him move more than others and I can tell his is deeper inside me. I have a doppler too and sometimes the heartbeat is really loud and others quite quiet. If you can hear the heartbeat I wouldn't worry too much, he is probably nice and snug and sleeping deeply inside you. :hug:

hey honey,my midwife is only in my surgery once a week too, but you can call the hospital for any worries??? you can with mine...
i was told that if the baby is lying with back outward that you wont feel a lot and also your weight will affect how much you feel etc..if you are busy and your minds occupied at work i was told this would mean you wouldnt feel it too...a glass of cold water and a sugary snack are supposed to work a treat when your lying on the couch or bed as your stretched out...dont know if its true or not...fingers crossed you will feel your babs soon...bxox

Hey guys,

Thanks for the messages. Still no kicks but still a strong heartbeat and i have the midwife Friday so i'm sure all is fine.

Other than that feeling pretty cack to be honest :(

Hope everyone is cool.

Lau
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member