measuring a week ahead

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
they say i am measuring 35 weeks but i am 34 weeks... havent ever been sure of dates but they did the 12 week scan at 10 weeks and took the measurement from that

does this mean he will be a big baby? or will he come a week early?

any clues? xx

awwww Sorry Im no help - I have no idea!!!! Just didnt want to read & leave!! im nervous about my MW appointment tomorrow - everyone tells me how big I am!! i bet I measure 40 weeks!! hahaha Hope someone can find the answer for you x

I measured slightly ahead with Rosie and she came on her due date :)

Are you talking about fundal hight - this measurement is an average and is by no means accurate - its meant as a rough guide. Measuring a week over is nothing to worry about - a differnet mw may measure you at 34 it is not an exact science. I measured a week over at 28 weeks and i can now measure myself at about two weeks over , but am expecting a slightly above average sized baby as its no 4 and last babe was 8 11. Its when your measuments are 4 weeks out either way or more that may raise concrns. Hope this helps x

Oh cool - the midwife wasnt concerned at all, she said 'your measuring 35 weeks so about right' it was just something i picked up on

would be sooo cool if he came out a week early though :) :)

LucyH i am sure you will measure up just fine xx

During my pregnancy with lacey I got in such a state because at every m/w appointment she would say the baby wasn't growing properly and was quite concerned as I was measuring weeks behind! In the end she came bang on date and was a healthy 7lb 7oz!! I don't think they ever measure you accuratly but like to scare you!

Getting impatient already - you'll be a week late now hehe - i've already resigned myself to having babe in august as mine always late!

That sounds fine hun, I'd say bigger baby if 3-4 weeks bigger but 1 is just fine :)

I read somewhere that for accuracy growth scans are favoured over fundal height measurements, and even scans aren't 100% accurate. I also wondered that if it's the same person measuring you each time it should be more reliable, my last three were all different people and the most recent one was 3 weeks ahead but I thought maybe the GP measured slightly differently from the midwife. Just a thought.

I have always masured big for my dates and I always had them late!!!!!! with monty I was about 3wks ahead and he was 8lb 13oz so pritty big for my first but not massive. With dolly they sent me for a scan at 35wk check the size and said she was just under 7lbs what was alot for 35wks I had her 5days late and she was 7lb 15oz so I think they had got the scan wrong I was thinking i was gnna end up with a 10lb baby.

I personally pay no attention to fundal height! Every mw measures differently anyway! I measured 3-4 weeks small with both of mine, even tho with katie I was massive! So cos I was measuring small I thought I'd have a small baby - she was 9lb12 :lol: and ella was 8lb3, again measuring small!

I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead but a scan last week showed baby is the exact size he/she should be, I can't believe midwives still use tape measures to be honest!

It also depends who measures you. 2cm either way is normal and like Alice said, even then its only a guess.....I was having a 9/10lber this time according to measurements and he was only 8lb 4 :) Hebe measured right and she was bigger!

LucyH i am sure you will measure up just fine xx

Thanks BigBump!! Have the appointment at 3:35pm today!!

Will let you know how many weeks ive measured!! its been a while since Ive seen my MW!! Kinda looking forward to it!! :)

you will be getting bored of them soon - i see mine every two weeks now and i seem to constantly be visiting her!

Hi,

I've measured 5wks ahead at 4 of my last appointments, have had 2 growth scans in that time and my baby is well within the normal ranges for gestation. It can be anything from how baby is lying, where your placenta is amount of fluid ect that affects the size of your tummy so i wouldn't worry to much about it being a huge baby lol!

Hayley x

they say i am measuring 35 weeks but i am 34 weeks... havent ever been sure of dates but they did the 12 week scan at 10 weeks and took the measurement from that

does this mean he will be a big baby? or will he come a week early?

any clues? xx
I was told at my 20 week scan big baby! This scared me so I asked m/w, she said I was measuring 2 weeks ahed but they wouldn't change my dates! I was so confused..... Finally I spoke to a m/w at the hospital who said the dating scan is the most accurate so they won't change the date from the one that the scan gives. She said it just means either big baby or baby has grown fast at 1 point to be 2 weeks ahead but may grow slower later on so that doesn't even mean you may have a big baby! Personally I agree with the m/w at the hospital who said she wishes that m/ws wouldn't say things like that! It's unfair and just makes us worry! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back