Measuring Big

sasswa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Had midwife appt this morning.

At 28 weeks I was measuring 30 wks & now at 31 weeks I'm measuring 35 wks, so I'm off for a scan on Thursday.

I was a bit upset when I walked out - hoping he's ok. Could just be fluid OR he's a big lad.

Dionne, I was reading an old post of yours when Harley was measuring big. I'm thinking this little one may be early as well - Harley happened without induction though didn't he?

Anyone else had any measuring big scans?

Sass

yes i did and my baby turned out to be 7Ib 7. :D
I measured small with my second and she was 8Ib 14 :shock:

don't worry - they cannot tell how big a baby is before its born - well thats my conclusion anyway

HI SWASSA ON MY APPOINTMENT LAST WEEK THEY SAID I WAS MEASURING 31-32 WEEKS, THEY'LL DO A SCAN ON MY NEXT APPOINTMENT IF THEY ARE STILL CONCERNED.
ON A BRIGHTER NOTE THEY SAID MY DAUGHTER WOULD BE SMALL AND WERE QUITE CONCERNED, SHE TURNED OUT TO BE 8 POUNDS.

hi hun yh i was like u measuring about 5weeks bigger, i went for a scan and Harley was acualy small, turned out i was carrying to much fluid around he baby, so i was told as soon as my waters break ild have to go straight to hospital as they were worried my waters would go with a gush and the cord might drop.. at my scan i was about 32 weeks and Harley was estimated to weigh about 4lb, but the midwife said to me as my stomach was so huge i prob wouldnt go fullterm..

turns out my waters didnt even break they had to break them for me...

are u prepared incase baby comes early??

i've never heard of this before but now it's got me thinking... people keep teling me i'm big for my dates.. I don't think i am.. i have an anti natal in the morning i'll ask.

sasswa are you prepared in case baby comes early like dionne says? may be your carrying a lot of water

x

When you say measuring big, is that when they measure the fundal height?

I haven't been measured at all yet. The only feedback I've had with regard to measurements was at my 20 week scan when they said the baby was slightly above average for the number of weeks gestation.

I haven't got another ante natal appointment until 32 weeks now.

When you say measuring big, is that when they measure the fundal height

its were they use tape measure from the pubic bone to the top of your bump they do it from about 24weeks

dionne said:
are u prepared incase baby comes early??

Hiya,

We used the long weekend as a final baby purchasing weekend and setting up the nursery.....all ready to go, as we really believe he won't make it to 40 weeks. For my sake I want him out as soon as possible (it's making me quite upset today, just so uncomfortable and can you believe work dumped some last minute responsibility on me - hello! do they know I'm about to flippin' drop!) but for Jakey's sake, I want him to stay in there until I'm at LEAST 35 weeks......boo hoo.

I really really can't see my body coping for another 9 weeks, if it does I'll be gob-smacked.

So we'll see at the scan tomorrow and then I go back to the midwife next Tuesday. Keep you all posted and cheers for all the informative replies.

Sass

PS. God, pram shopping is hard-work (and expensive) :|

HUN I WAS FEELING JUST LIKE U, I DIDNT ENJOY BEING PREG I WAS HUGE AND SO UNCOMFORTABLE IM GLAD HARLEY CAME WHEN HE DID.

I'm 30 weeks and haven't been measured at all yet.

Is anybody else in the same boat as me?

Bagpuss17 said:

Bagpuss,

Don't you go for a regular midwife appointment and she measures your fundal height? (Tape measure's your belly). Weird.

Well I'm off to have the scan at 2pm this arvo. I must admit I'm quite anxious. Should be looking forward to seeing my boy again but just want to be sure everything's ok. We're having the scan at the hospital where he's due to be born but I hope we don't go in the same room where I found out I'd miscarried last year.....

I'm sure it's a-ok and am quite looking forward to enjoying the remaining sunshine this afternoon - will keep you all posted (and hopefully have some more picci's)

Love Sass
x

PM me hun once you know why your messuring big :)

good luck.

Love Dionne and Babies

Bagpuss17 said:

i havent been measured neither hun! saying that i was never measured with either of my other 2 and have always wondered what everyone meant when they said there baby was measuring big :lol:

Hi guys,

No news really.

He is measuring fine (absolutely on track) and my fluid level is fine. No explanation apart from the midwife probably can't use a tape measure.

I'm kindda disappointed as I just want it all over - to think I have another flippin' 8 WEEKS is doing my head in! :cry: :cry:

I was meant to finish work mid-June (2 weeks before he was due) but I'm gonna leave next bank holiday (end of May)......work is doing my head in and I just want to chill-out. Also, I'm sick and tired of people commenting on my size and just generally asking questions about it - enough already! Can I just have a conversation without talking about my bump and baby stuff - can imagine this will be the case for the next few years!

Oh well, I'm going back to bed to watch TV - just feeling grumpy and sorry for myself........

Talk to you all soon,

Sass
x

Glad all is well with your measurements.

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't been measured yet. I'll ask at my next appointment when/if they do it. I've stuck to all my appointments and have never been measured they just palpate my stomach and go by that.

It must be down to what area you live in? Different ways of doing things.

Bagpuss17 said:
I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't been measured yet. I'll ask at my next appointment when/if they do it. I've stuck to all my appointments and have never been measured they just palpate my stomach and go by that.

It must be down to what area you live in? Different ways of doing things.

thats all they have ever done with me too!

i dont know about the area though i was living in a different area when i had my son under a different health authority and never had it done then neither :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back