Fundal height

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Stupid stupid fundal heights :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've been getting mine measured since about 19/20 weeks something like that and for the last 2 months my fundal height has been measuring 2 weeks behind so they keep sending me for scans and every single scan report says that the baby's growth and measurements are all within normal range for the weeks she is.
It really does my head in because it's me thats measuring small not the baby! I wish they wouldn't bother measuring because all they do is make you worry if your measuring a bit behind but it doesn't mean the babys size is a problem. When I see the midwife in a bit i'm going to ask her if she can leave the measuring this week and just check the baby.

I started getting measured at 28 weeks so only been done a couple of times and measuring 'average' whatever that is :roll: :?

I asked my midwife yesterday how some people are getting told the weight of the baby before it's even born and she told me you can't really tell as everyone is different which is what I thought anyway but she did say she would be able to tell straight away if baby was too big or too small for my dates. I think it's just one of the practices that are not really needed but they just haven't got rid of it.

I agree with madam bully. I think it is just an old practice they used to see how baby was growing before scans. God knows why they still do it.

I was measured for the first time yesterday but thats only because i mentioned to her that everyone seemed to think i was really small.

Vickyleigh said:
Stupid stupid fundal heights :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've been getting mine measured since about 19/20 weeks something like that and for the last 2 months my fundal height has been measuring 2 weeks behind so they keep sending me for scans and every single scan report says that the baby's growth and measurements are all within normal range for the weeks she is.
It really does my head in because it's me thats measuring small not the baby! I wish they wouldn't bother measuring because all they do is make you worry if your measuring a bit behind but it doesn't mean the babys size is a problem. When I see the midwife in a bit i'm going to ask her if she can leave the measuring this week and just check the baby.

what she said!

they ALWAYS say my fundal height is about 2 weeks behind, then proceed to have a good check of the baby... now all they say is.. 'och, you're just all baby, no fat on ya, baby feels just fine' so whats the point in measuring if there is no accuracy whatsoever! grr just another thing for us to worry about.

grumphs x

What did I say she did it again today with my fundal height!!!
I have made a post explaining :evil:

My fundal height was always 3cm more than it should have been, so at 30wks I was 33cm etc Isaac was born a normal, healthy 8lb 2oz, the fundal height system just seems outdated to me, its inaccurate and causes no end of worry for some Mummys :x

omg vicky i cant believe they sent you for growth scans at just 2cm under!

At one point i think i was about 4-5cm under with Evie and was just told not to worry about it. Dont know where she was hiding it all though because she was 50 cm when she was born!

Midna- i'd consider changing doctors you seem to be getting treated quite badly. i started getting measured at about 25 weeks. i wouldnt worry about fundal height too much as the baby has various weighs of curling themselfs up, they are after all just guidelines. i cant believe they dont that with your blood results, i'd be fuming! i would always get my results two or three days after i got them taking.

:oops: I'm snooping in tri 3

I got measured from 18weeks but never got measured at all the last time.
My surgery still has not got my 12week bloods back either, so she said there was no point taking more?!?!

I think we have to try not to worry too much...easier said than done but if they thought anything was wrong I can promise they move really really fast.

Saying that though, I think my standard of care is sh!te and will move my anti natal care to the hospital- you could do that, then at least you're in the right place :)

Sorry Midna, bit of a ramble!

I've been measured at every appointment from around 28 weeks, I'm always dead on for what week I should be. I never got measured at all the first time round with Caitlin though
Your mw should be ringing the hospital to check on your blood results. It sounds like you're definitely not receiving the care you should be, the blood tests could show up things that need sorting out! hope you can get things sorted :hug: :hug:

Yeah you should have had something back off the bloods - they found out on mine I was rhesus negative so you'll really need to know whether you are or not cos if you are then you may need antibody injections and it's real important.

But yeah there's other stuff too in the bloods that should have come back. Mine took a few weeks but nowhere near as long as yours have taken.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back