***May 2020 Mums***

MATB1 form. i got this very tiny little form from midwife / well i collected it from desk. It had a post note saying add due date yourself. im now worried ive put the wrong date as it says something like the saturday/sunday before due?
post note did say write due date tho so?
i dont know why she hasnt just done this for me?

MATB1 form. i got this very tiny little form from midwife / well i collected it from desk. It had a post note saying add due date yourself. im now worried ive put the wrong date as it says something like the saturday/sunday before due?
post note did say write due date tho so?
i dont know why she hasnt just done this for me?

I can’t believe she didn’t even fill it in! Mine just had my due date on which is a Thursday x

I can’t believe she didn’t even fill it in! Mine just had my due date on which is a Thursday x

Ok. Ive currently done this... Its just way it says week commensing but note did say put due date in so??
Yeh i cant believe it either.. not overally keen on her tbh always feels like judging you etc

IMG_20200127_192034.jpg

I can’t believe in 1 week I’ll be in the third trimester. I really feel like this pregnancy is flying now! X

I can’t believe in 1 week I’ll be in the third trimester. I really feel like this pregnancy is flying now! X

With you there! Can't believe I'm 23+1 already. It's starting to dawn on me how little time is left to sort everything. My dreams have started reflecting all my worries and anxieties about becoming a mum and feeling clueless. My mum doesn't help either, she lives 400 miles away and still manages to upset me when I speak to her, "it should be done like this blah blah". Dreading her being up here when I give birth. Only saving grace is that my Mother-in-law is likely to put her in her place so I can do it my way (she lives with me and hubby).

Latest for me is that I've been crying loads at the silliest things, sometimes with no reason at all. I've also been worrying about what will happen when baby gets bigger in the coming weeks because my stomach is so bloated and solid. Also need to speak to citizens advice to see what I'd be entitled to, I'm a full-time student at the moment and I'll be taking a break once the academic year ends in May.

With you there! Can't believe I'm 23+1 already. It's starting to dawn on me how little time is left to sort everything. My dreams have started reflecting all my worries and anxieties about becoming a mum and feeling clueless. My mum doesn't help either, she lives 400 miles away and still manages to upset me when I speak to her, "it should be done like this blah blah". Dreading her being up here when I give birth. Only saving grace is that my Mother-in-law is likely to put her in her place so I can do it my way (she lives with me and hubby).

Latest for me is that I've been crying loads at the silliest things, sometimes with no reason at all. I've also been worrying about what will happen when baby gets bigger in the coming weeks because my stomach is so bloated and solid. Also need to speak to citizens advice to see what I'd be entitled to, I'm a full-time student at the moment and I'll be taking a break once the academic year ends in May.

Hiya i thought id drop you and message and say i think worries are generally normal, tho people tend to make you feel like they are not!!
I have been worrying about financial side a bit.. in essence down to one wage and i worry also about my parents seeing baby, they live 100 miles away, i just worry about making time to get there - incase hubbys work gets in the way etc.. (that prob sounds daft) -_-
Weirdly i feel like i have plenty of time to sort things. strange right? but theres things we are doing to the house that im more worried wont be done before birth, so we are getting all the fences done for example.
I did tho have a random thought the other day of, oh i should really get nursery painted soon or start thinking about it atleast! I am really looking forward to building the cot, chest of drawers and crib. We also need to desensitise dogs to baby noises soon and decide if they are / are not going to be allowed in our bedroom when babies born (i think probably not) which is sad but we will again have to introduce idea of that sooner rather then just before baby born! :)
I am going to buy mattress's for cribs/cot bed in April, collect pram middle April as well.
Im sure you will be fine! make a list etc. sometimes it can feel a lot but when writen down its not so bad.

I got my babies heart check tomorrow ill be 23 weeks. You're so far ahead of me!! haha. 3rd tri im dreading, dont you get more tierd? i swear thruout ive been nothing but tierd and cold.. weirdly cant handle the cold

worries are completely normal, I think I’d be more concerned if you didn’t have any! I also have a lot of worries manifesting themselves as dreams, I have dreams of premature deliveries, poorly babies, not being able to look after my baby etc.

I am also crying at everything! Dh drank some of my decaf coffee and I called him in floods of tears because there wasn’t any left for me, I cry because I’m tired, because I’m hungry, for no reason whatsoever. These hormones are not fun!

I don’t know how it works when you are a student, are you in the UK? I think there are lots of resources and grants available to help with childcare etc if you are.

I got my babies heart check tomorrow ill be 23 weeks. You're so far ahead of me!! haha. 3rd tri im dreading, dont you get more tierd? i swear thruout ive been nothing but tierd and cold.. weirdly cant handle the cold

my tiredness has started returning this past week and so has my nausea! I hope Tri 3 isn’t too bad and better than tri 1 at least!

my tiredness has started returning this past week and so has my nausea! I hope Tri 3 isn’t too bad and better than tri 1 at least!

Ah no.. id read tierdness gets worse so am concerned..
Hope sickness part dont happen with me, :/ :(

Shouldnt complain really but got start of heartburn now. Been happening every night/time around now past 3 days :/

Good luck today @soffphie, I've had heartburn past week too. It's horrible.

@SugaryIris my tiredness comes and goes, it never really left after the first trimester like it's meant to.

@Jetina I second what soff says, you should get lots off help financially.

I'm 27+3 today some apps are saying trimester 3 now and some are saying next week. Not sure what to go by.

Had abit of a scare yesterday as baby hadn't moved for a while but then again I haven't had two consistent days of movements since I started definitely feeling him. Some days he seems really active and others not so much. Doesn't help that I only ever feel him low down too thanks to this anterior placenta. He started moving again anyway so I think I'm still learning about his movements.

Got my follow up appointment with antenatal tomorrow. Apparently it's now a group appointment where we will be taught about low GI foods and portion control. As if I dont already know about that stuff after loosing 10 stone :roll:. Then we will be given glucose monitors to monitor our blood sugar after everything we eat for the next week or two and then will be brought back to see if we need meds or not. It's in the early afternoon aswell and I'm working nights tonight and tomorrow so will be severely missing out on sleep. I could really do without a lecture I dont need. Wish they would just give me the monitor and let me go home haha.

Xx

@SugaryIris my tiredness comes and goes, it never really left after the first trimester like it's meant to.

I'm 27+3 today some apps are saying trimester 3 now and some are saying next week. Not sure what to go by.

Had abit of a scare yesterday as baby hadn't moved for a while but then again I haven't had two consistent days of movements since I started definitely feeling him. Some days he seems really active and others not so much. Doesn't help that I only ever feel him low down too thanks to this anterior placenta. He started moving again anyway so I think I'm still learning about his movements.

Got my follow up appointment with antenatal tomorrow. Apparently it's now a group appointment where we will be taught about low GI foods and portion control. As if I dont already know about that stuff after loosing 10 stone :roll:. Then we will be given glucose monitors to monitor our blood sugar after everything we eat for the next week or two and then will be brought back to see if we need meds or not. It's in the early afternoon aswell and I'm working nights tonight and tomorrow so will be severely missing out on sleep. I could really do without a lecture I dont need. Wish they would just give me the monitor and let me go home haha.

Xx

Thanks, I'll see what they say, because my hubby works full time as an IT engineer, so don't know if I'll be entitled to much really.
I highly recommend getting a movement tracker band from Kicks Count, definitely helps keep track and noticing patterns. I've found that my boy has episodes of movement 6 or 7 times a day at the moment, and that's supposed to increase over the coming weeks. At the moment he quite likes to use me as a gym around 4am after I get up to go to the loo.

Xx

I’m 27 weeks tomorrow, nhs says tri 3 is 28 weeks so I guess I’ll count tri three from then.
I’m not surprised your tiredness never left your work shifts are rubbish!

I used to feel baby on the sides but past few days I’ve only felt them low down so I’m thinking they might have moved, I think my scan said I had an anterior placenta, don’t know where it is though.

hope your appointment goes ok x

My 23 week scan was ok, heart fine.
Baby upside down and made things difficult for sonagrapher. She literally said to me there is no point in pics as they will be rubbish due to positioning so we didnt get any -_-

My 23 week scan was ok, heart fine.
Baby upside down and made things difficult for sonagrapher. She literally said to me there is no point in pics as they will be rubbish due to positioning so we didnt get any -_-

At least the baby was all ok! X

Good news @soffphie

@SugaryIris if you had an anterior placenta it would be at the front. That's why it cushions alot of your movements. I've only ever felt kicks really low down in my pelvis, mostly asif hes kicking my cervix and very very weak ones on the sides.

@Jetina is that where you you just count kicks?I have an app on my phone that I use, but he literally has no pattern atm. Some days he kicks all day and other days only a few hours. It's been like this since I first started feeling him moving. I've never had two days where his pattern is he same literally different every day so I'm constantly questing it. MW said its because the placenta is blocking movements and it will take longer to work out a pattern. Xx

Good news @soffphie

@SugaryIris if you had an anterior placenta it would be at the front. That's why it cushions alot of your movements. I've only ever felt kicks really low down in my pelvis, mostly asif hes kicking my cervix and very very weak ones on the sides.

@Jetina is that where you you just count kicks?I have an app on my phone that I use, but he literally has no pattern atm. Some days he kicks all day and other days only a few hours. It's been like this since I first started feeling him moving. I've never had two days where his pattern is he same literally different every day so I'm constantly questing it. MW said its because the placenta is blocking movements and it will take longer to work out a pattern. Xx

im not really able to figure out a pattern yet either, I started feeling something weird last night, it wasn’t quite a movement it was almost like a spasm/rhythm across my belly, felt it for a few minutes then went away, I’m wondering if it was hiccups?

Good news @soffphie

Aye kind of. You move the little counter along ever time you feel an episode of movement, rather than kicks because you could feel so many kicks in a short space of time. When I asked them about time between episodes, they recommended 15 mins. I wouldn't be without this wrist band now, I'd forget to use an app, whereas this is on my wrist as a constant reminder. Your placenta can definitely get in the way though, mines anterior and patterns can feel a bit different day to day. His kicks actually make me flinch, not because they hurt, but because they can be so strong they almost take me by surprise every time, plus they are normally really low down.

@SugaryIris I've felt what I thought was hiccups twice aswell. They are abit strange.

@Jetina yeah, his kicks make me flinch sometimes too. And their always really down. I'm 28 weeks on sunday so hopefully will start seeing a pattern soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back