***May 2020 Mums***

Im 15 weeks nearly 16 and dont feel anything.. is that a worry? Im starting to worry. :(
I wouldn't worry to be honest, especially if it's your first. I didn't feel my first move till 20 weeks, but they say you're more likely to feel a second baby sooner.

I felt some flutters from around 15 weeks and they were getting more, had the odd 'ping' over the last two weeks but honestly not sure if its baby or my imagination. At our private gender scan at 16 weeks I had an anterior placenta so thinking that's why I'm not feeling anything concrete? Not really sure what I'm looking for tbh. Will be 20 weeks tomorrow.

Have constant hip and back pain, had period pains on and off all week and now I've got this constant aching in my hips and back. It's making sleeping very difficult atm. Luckily I'm on annual leave.

I'm working 7 nights in a row over christmas. I have asked my manager for a day or two off as anual leave (have plenty of days left) as I dont think I could manage it, and I think its rather unreasonable and unrealistic to expect me to work that many in a row now (always did t before pregnancy no problem) and shes basically told me no, because shes struggling with staffing this week. I have tried broaching it with her again multiple times and shes just ignoring me now. I'm at a loss. Not sure what to do. She still hasn't done a risk assessment with me either which I have been asking for since I was about 9 weeks. Ans we have a few very violent patients in at the moment, one has already punched me, and almost got me again on multiple occasions. Asked her again a few days ago and shes ignored me again.

Am I being unreasonable?

Last edited:
I felt some flutters from around 15 weeks and they were getting more, had the odd 'ping' over the last two weeks but honestly not sure if its baby or my imagination. At our private gender scan at 16 weeks I had an anterior placenta so thinking that's why I'm not feeling anything concrete? Not really sure what I'm looking for tbh. Will be 20 weeks tomorrow.

Have constant hip and back pain, had period pains on and off all week and now I've got this constant aching in my hips and back. It's making sleeping very difficult atm. Luckily I'm on annual leave.

I'm working 7 nights in a row over christmas. I have asked my manager for a day or two off as anual leave (have plenty of days left) as I dont think I could manage it, and I think its rather unreasonable and unrealistic to expect me to work that many in a row now (always did t before pregnancy no problem) and shes basically told me no, because shes struggling with staffing this week. I have tried broaching it with her again multiple times and shes just ignoring me now. I'm at a loss. Not sure what to do. She still hasn't done a risk assessment with me either which I have been asking for since I was about 9 weeks. Ans we have a few very violent patients in at the moment, one has already punched me, and almost got me again on multiple occasions. Asked her again a few days ago and shes ignored me again.

Am I being unreasonable?

definitely not being unreasonable, these are your rights by law to have a risk assessment. I’d be calling ACAS and asking for their advice x

Am I being unreasonable?

Not being unreasonable honest some companies make me laugh at how bad they are at treating you with pregnancy. I also was supposed to have a risk assesment and so far none.. Im not to worried as i dont believe my job now is a problem but i had to force their hand to move me slightly with a Drs note x

I wouldn't worry to be honest, especially if it's your first. I didn't feel my first move till 20 weeks, but they say you're more likely to feel a second baby sooner.

PM you.

Am I being unreasonable?
Do you have an Occupational Health department?

Sorry for the delayed reply ladies. Finally getting a risk assessment in friday night! Not with my manager though, with my supervisor. My manager has decided to go off sick this week.

Had 20 week scan monday, no abnormalities found, baby is still a boy! DH is delighted!

I've been feeling off last two weeks, extremely tired, racing heart, look very pale, vertigo and I'm bruising extremely easily. All symptoms I had last December when I had glandular fever and low iron levels (they blamed it on my heavy periods and it sorted itself out by January)

I've text my midwife for advice on tuesday because I'm not due to see her now for 5 weeks. And because at the 16 week appointment my bloods from 12 weeks showed I had low MCH levels, which they rushed me to a pointless consultant appoint for, where consultant didn't even know untill I said about it. They gave me a leaflet about being a possible carrier for thalassemia and or iron deficiency and sent me on my way saying it was comon and no need to test babys father.

When looking it my notes it says my iron levels should be regularly checked but neither consultant or midwife have said anything more about it, so not due a blood test untill 28 weeks now.

I tried ring and texting midwife explaining my symptoms and asking was it work getting an appointment with her (shes only there Thursdays) or a GP and as usual no reply.

Dont know weather to make a GP appointment monday as Thursdays are difficult appointments for me to get too due to working wed and Thursday nights and needing to sleep in the day beforehand.

Hope your all well?

Xx

20191212_063040.jpg

Sorry for the delayed reply ladies. Finally getting a risk assessment in friday night! Not with my manager though, with my supervisor. My manager has decided to go off sick this week.

Had 20 week scan monday, no abnormalities found, baby is still a boy! DH is delighted!

I've been feeling off last two weeks, extremely tired, racing heart, look very pale, vertigo and I'm bruising extremely easily. All symptoms I had last December when I had glandular fever and low iron levels (they blamed it on my heavy periods and it sorted itself out by January)

I've text my midwife for advice on tuesday because I'm not due to see her now for 5 weeks. And because at the 16 week appointment my bloods from 12 weeks showed I had low MCH levels, which they rushed me to a pointless consultant appoint for, where consultant didn't even know untill I said about it. They gave me a leaflet about being a possible carrier for thalassemia and or iron deficiency and sent me on my way saying it was comon and no need to test babys father.

When looking it my notes it says my iron levels should be regularly checked but neither consultant or midwife have said anything more about it, so not due a blood test untill 28 weeks now.

I tried ring and texting midwife explaining my symptoms and asking was it work getting an appointment with her (shes only there Thursdays) or a GP and as usual no reply.

Dont know weather to make a GP appointment monday as Thursdays are difficult appointments for me to get too due to working wed and Thursday nights and needing to sleep in the day beforehand.

Hope your all well?

Xx

View attachment 89355

so pleased your scan went well! We have our 20 week scan today and I’m nervous! Have you booked in for your whooping cough now as well?

I would just call the gp, I had similar symptoms and they got me in straight away for an ecg and blood tests. Ecg was fine, bloods showed a low blood count but very good iron levels, they said to me that because of pregnancy, your levels can dip occasionally because you are making a whole new blood circuit and sure enough a week later they were fine.

your symptoms could be low iron or something else so I would call the gp, my midwife replied to my queries via text and said to book in for bloods so you could always say your midwife recommended if the receptionist is unwilling? Or if not, ask for a gp or nurse to call you and they will book you in.

hope you start feeling better soon xx

Hi ladies
So glad scans are going well & hope they continue to..
Its a long time between the 12-20 week one. Im starting to feel nervous really. I wouldnt really even know im pregnant as such (i do have sore boobs and on going food issues tho)
I have no bump, feel no movement (im 16 weeks) all making me very uncomfortable. Im scared to pay for a scan so close to xmas incase something is wrong and it ruins xmas

so pleased your scan went well! We have our 20 week scan today and I’m nervous! Have you booked in for your whooping cough now as well?

I would just call the gp, I had similar symptoms and they got me in straight away for an ecg and blood tests. Ecg was fine, bloods showed a low blood count but very good iron levels, they said to me that because of pregnancy, your levels can dip occasionally because you are making a whole new blood circuit and sure enough a week later they were fine.

your symptoms could be low iron or something else so I would call the gp, my midwife replied to my queries via text and said to book in for bloods so you could always say your midwife recommended if the receptionist is unwilling? Or if not, ask for a gp or nurse to call you and they will book you in.

hope you start feeling better soon xx

Good luck for your scan today! I'm sure all will be well.

Yeah when I had low iron last year they did an ecg and things which came back normal.

I honestly thought at first I was coming down with a cold but no cold has appeared. They dont do bloods at my surgery you have to get a blood form from GP/midwife and take it down to the path lab at the local hospital. In aware that rhr increases in the second trimester byt roughly 15-20bpm and mine has gone from 60 and 70s to 80 and 90s so I suppose that's why my hearts faster. But it's this extreme run down/exhausted feeling like I had last year which is bugging me, and the vertigo. Checked my blood pressure every day and it's been a normal 110/62, thought it might have been high blood pressure.

If I still feel rubbish monday after work and midwife hasn't replied by then i will book in to see gp monday morning. I've literally gone from swimming 4 days/ running 3days and weightlifting 3 times a week to falling asleep whenever I sit down. Really struggling with work too. And constantly out of breath.

Havent had my flu jab or whooping cough yet because I just haven't felt well enough to have them xxx

Xxx

Hi ladies
So glad scans are going well & hope they continue to..
Its a long time between the 12-20 week one. Im starting to feel nervous really. I wouldnt really even know im pregnant as such (i do have sore boobs and on going food issues tho)
I have no bump, feel no movement (im 16 weeks) all making me very uncomfortable. Im scared to pay for a scan so close to xmas incase something is wrong and it ruins xmas

I sill dont have a bump or feel anything I can concretely say is baby. I also have never had sore boobs throughout. I found between 12 and 20 weeks a long time to wait for a scan which is why we ended up going for the gender scan at 16 weeks, especially after he 8 episodes of bleeding I had. Was very reassuring.

I'm sure everything is fine. When is your next scan? Xx

I sill dont have a bump or feel anything I can concretely say is baby. I also have never had sore boobs throughout. I found between 12 and 20 weeks a long time to wait for a scan which is why we ended up going for the gender scan at 16 weeks, especially after he 8 episodes of bleeding I had. Was very reassuring.

I'm sure everything is fine. When is your next scan? Xx

13th Jan but i am considering a 16 wk one. Not for sexing but just to know its there. When did you feel movements? I mean i have sore and weird looking nipples they r honestly quite gross looking to me. and im still having pretty severe food aversions , not real sickness but im on meds and they seem to work.
No bump tummy MAYBE feels firmer but sometimes soft as well so i think that more depends if ive eaten or not.
I was talking to someone who made me v paranoid told me wiv their first baby they felt them at 12 weeks and how i should go to a&e i said theres no way im going to a&e for it as i was told 20 weeks for movement by midwife. She told me to eat something cold to which i was like cant cause of stomach ice cream really hurts at mo but i drunk 2 slush puppies other day and felt nothing as a result and she was like well you should have.. sure she meant well in her own way but did give me a panic on

13th Jan but i am considering a 16 wk one. Not for sexing but just to know its there. When did you feel movements? I mean i have sore and weird looking nipples they r honestly quite gross looking to me. and im still having pretty severe food aversions , not real sickness but im on meds and they seem to work.
No bump tummy MAYBE feels firmer but sometimes soft as well so i think that more depends if ive eaten or not.
I was talking to someone who made me v paranoid told me wiv their first baby they felt them at 12 weeks and how i should go to a&e i said theres no way im going to a&e for it as i was told 20 weeks for movement by midwife. She told me to eat something cold to which i was like cant cause of stomach ice cream really hurts at mo but i drunk 2 slush puppies other day and felt nothing as a result and she was like well you should have.. sure she meant well in her own way but did give me a panic on

Ours was more for reassurance after all the bleeding, gender was just a bonus. If you dont wanna find out gender they do cheaper reassurance scans.

My midwife told me no need to worry about feeling movements untill your 24 weeks, only then they are concerned. Even though she said I would probably start feeling gas or bubbles from 15 weeks. I cant say I know if what ive been feeling is movement tbh because it does just fell like gas or twitches sometimes. But I do have an anterior placenta too which can cushion movement but honestly I havent felt anything I can definitely say is the baby. Could all be in my head.

I had sore nipples in he beginning, but only very slightly. Boobs and nipples havent changed at all for me. Their exactly the same size they were pre pregnancy. Very small. Lol. Keep hoping for a growth spurt

Also no baby bump here whatsoever so I wouldn't worry at 16 weeks xxx

Ours was more for reassurance after all the bleeding, gender was just a bonus. If you dont wanna find out gender they do cheaper reassurance scans.

My midwife told me no need to worry about feeling movements untill your 24 weeks, only then they are concerned. Even though she said I would probably start feeling gas or bubbles from 15 weeks. I cant say I know if what ive been feeling is movement tbh because it does just fell like gas or twitches sometimes. But I do have an anterior placenta too which can cushion movement but honestly I havent felt anything I can definitely say is the baby. Could all be in my head.

I had sore nipples in he beginning, but only very slightly. Boobs and nipples havent changed at all for me. Their exactly the same size they were pre pregnancy. Very small. Lol. Keep hoping for a growth spurt

Also no baby bump here whatsoever so I wouldn't worry at 16 weeks xxx

Thank you

All looking good at our 20 week scan today. I thought I’d cave and want to know the gender but honestly all I cared about was that it was ok.
Still team yellow but have a happy perfect little bubba!

04BC57AA-294F-4B0E-A859-E983EFE1377A.jpeg

Thread hoping ladies and just to butt in... @maythe4thbewit and @soffphie

Ignore the girls who said go to a&e if you haven’t felt movement by 12 weeks. Baby is still too small. You might feel movement at 12 weeks if it’s your second pregnancy but not with your first.

My first movements werent until 24/25 weeks where all I could feel was flutters in my tummy. I started to worry as hadn’t felt anything until then but midwife reassured me that it was fine especially with first baby.

Xx

So ladies. Surprise suprise, no risk assessment for me. 6 people have handed their notice in this week alone, my manager didn't ask my supervisor to do one with me. She must have forgot. When I asked about it she knew nothing about it. To top it off my manager has now gone off sick. Xx

So ladies. Surprise suprise, no risk assessment for me. 6 people have handed their notice in this week alone, my manager didn't ask my supervisor to do one with me. She must have forgot. When I asked about it she knew nothing about it. To top it off my manager has now gone off sick. Xx

I’m so sorry! This really is a joke! Do you have a hr or anyone you can complain to? Xx

I’m so sorry! This really is a joke! Do you have a hr or anyone you can complain to? Xx

I have HR department but honestly they are absolute aresholes. Sorry for the word choice. A nurse quit his week because a paitent was extremely violent to her and when she asked for backup and a debrief and things they told her she was over reacting . Wouldnt feel comfortable complaining to them. Feel like they would create more problems for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back