***May 2020 Mums***

sorry about your partner but I’m glad you are feeling positive about it! You’ve got so much more exciting things coming into your life, you’ll have a perfect little family, you, your daughter and the twins!

When you are carrying twins I think you are supposed to eat more than when just a single pregnancy so don’t worry too much about the amount you are eating xx
I had some strange pains today (just a pulled muscle apparently) however I had a scan with my midwife up at the hospital and one of my twins has past on so I'm down to a singleton pregnancy now..

I had some strange pains today (just a pulled muscle apparently) however I had a scan with my midwife up at the hospital and one of my twins has past on so I'm down to a singleton pregnancy now..

I am so sorry hun, that must be so difficult for you, but you gotta keep going for your baby that is clearly a strong little fighter. Shout if you need anything xx

Anyone else got an ache in the bottom of their belly? I seem to have it most mornings.

Got my blood results back and the hb on the full blood count was borderline but my iron was ok so booked me in for a repeat next week. I could only speak to a receptionist yesterday so I turned to the nhs which said low hb could be b12 or folate deficiency which can cause birth defects. I’ve called drs again this morning and asked to see a gp to actually look at my blood test results and tell me if I should be taking more supplements and if I should be worried etc.

So sorry @Countrylife I know how it feels. Heartbreaking. Wishing you the best going forward xx

Anyone else got an ache in the bottom of their belly? I seem to have it most mornings.

Got my blood results back and the hb on the full blood count was borderline but my iron was ok so booked me in for a repeat next week. I could only speak to a receptionist yesterday so I turned to the nhs which said low hb could be b12 or folate deficiency which can cause birth defects. I’ve called drs again this morning and asked to see a gp to actually look at my blood test results and tell me if I should be taking more supplements and if I should be worried etc.
I started on b12 injections at the start of this pregnancy - was constantly tired and had carpal tunnel etc.
Havent noticed much of a difference yet as can take months to feel the effect but east theres a solution if you're deficient. Fingers crossed your bloods are ok xx

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs xxxx

When is everyone going to take maternity leave?
I was considering end March then realised if i worked 2 weeks longer i could work 2 weeks and get 4 weeks pay(pro rata and term time employee) easter hols are 2 weeks after 20th March.. not sure tho?
Can never be sure how big you are going to be etc. No bump at all yet at 15 weeks and it does worry me. Also no baby feels again does worry me a bit.. but i still get sore nipples and have issues around sickness (tho mostly v much under control with meds)

When is everyone going to take maternity leave?
I was considering end March then realised if i worked 2 weeks longer i could work 2 weeks and get 4 weeks pay(pro rata and term time employee) easter hols are 2 weeks after 20th March.. not sure tho?
Can never be sure how big you are going to be etc. No bump at all yet at 15 weeks and it does worry me. Also no baby feels again does worry me a bit.. but i still get sore nipples and have issues around sickness (tho mostly v much under control with meds)

I didn’t have any bump or baby feels at 15 weeks so I wouldn’t worry. I’m probably going to start my mat leave about 3-4 weeks before I’m due, probably start with my holiday which will be roughly 4 weeks x

Is anyone else having period type pains?

I'm 19+1 and since yesyerday I've been having period cramps. No spotting just pains, I've taken paracetamol which has got rid of most of the pain, not super painful but surprisingly painful.

I'm not at home atm, staying with my parents about 3 hours away. X

I didn’t have any bump or baby feels at 15 weeks so I wouldn’t worry. I’m probably going to start my mat leave about 3-4 weeks before I’m due, probably start with my holiday which will be roughly 4 weeks x

Looking at my dates it will be about 4-5 weeks before im due but ill actually stop work 7ish before. I figured its best for me to do 2 more weeks past 20th march to gain 4 weeks of pay if ya get me. My situation may be different where i cant go back to my job when i leave and will have to move role completely due to hubby being work mon-fri and his job has to take priority.
I keep getting weird stuff happening lower stomach. Well i say keep its occasional. Like popping or something but when i put my hand there is cant feel anything so i wonder if it is just lower stomach or whatever!! :)
Also struggling sooo much with cravings in a bad way. I want nothing but takeaways, esp dominos. I have completely gone off chocolate i cant even eat my advent calander thats too much choccy for me. Its madening but i cant complain as feeling very fussy is better then being sick again with HG. But honest this morning i ate 2 of my advent calander as i skipped yesterdays and was like argh yuk not eating this again.
Used to love choccy as well.
I also cant stomach any drink apart from capri sun or orange squash.. again another realllly weird one.
Ive had 3 dominos last week & a bit.. yes i am Awful! But if i eat a dominos i dont need anything else all day. But i also need to stop it now. I mean if i wasnt pregnant i wouldnt allow for body to be so takeaway heavy

I'm 19+1 and since yesyerday I've been having period cramps. No spotting just pains, I've taken paracetamol which has got rid of most of the pain, not super painful but surprisingly painful.

At 12 weeks i got some that were close. Im stil a way off 19, when i googled it it said it could be ligament stretching but honest at 12 weeks cramps were worst then at any other time

im about the same as you and I’ve been having some pains as well, uncomfortable but not enough to make me need any painkillers xx

I've got pains if I turn round without moving my lower body, keep forgetting! Need to get out the habit.

When's everyone's next scan? Mine is 19th!

I've got pains if I turn round without moving my lower body, keep forgetting! Need to get out the habit.

When's everyone's next scan? Mine is 19th!

mine is the 12th, I’m so excited, it feels like ages since we’ve seen our baby. My belly is really starting to pop out now too, starting to look a little pregnant rather than just bloated.

one day at work, my coat stopped fitting me at lunch time so I’ve had to buy a maternity coat, but honestly I look ridiculous in it, look like I’m walking around wrapped in my duvet lol.

some more ladies must be due to find out their genders soon? X

im about the same as you and I’ve been having some pains as well, uncomfortable but not enough to make me need any painkillers xx

It was proper period pains for about three days straight exactly like AF cramps, like constant cramps and aching. Very miserable and painful also with intermittent sharp pains when moving. Seemed to ease off yesterday, still there but didn't need to take painkillers like the other three days. Woken up this morning with horrible pains again, dont get me wrong their bearable but I'll definitely be taking painkillers today because it's not nice.

My next scans on the 9th, hopefully hes still a boy or I think DH might go into shock :rotfl:

My abnormality scan isnt till 13th Jan!! Haha. But im due v late in May (24/27th)

My abnormality scan isnt till 13th Jan!! Haha. But im due v late in May (24/27th)

Similar due date to me then, I'm due around 25th May, though they won't actually let me go to full term because of what happened with my son 12 years ago, so I'll be having a C-section 2 weeks early.

I've been getting random cramps and twinges for a while, but recently started getting pains down in my hooha, and when I make sudden movements or try to put my knees right together I get a pain right across that whole area, from leg to leg. Guess I've got the onset of SPD, kinda expected it as I had it last time, even if my midwife refused to diagnose it and finally got a diagnosis at 38 weeks from my consultant. My midwife and consultant up here seem much better though, so should get the help I need.

I've been feeling baby fluttering away, especially when I have a big meal or eat something spicy. I don't have much of a bump though because I'm plus sized. I have a big bloated belly up top though, haha. When I lie down, most of the time I can feel a solid mass sitting just under my belly button, but some mornings it's like it completely disappears, but I can still feel fluttering so guess baby is just lying further back.

Got a private scan booked for 11th Jan to find out the sex because NHS Grampian won't tell us, and got my anomaly scan the week after.

Similar due date to me then, I'm due around 25th May, though they won't actually let me go to full term because of what happened with my son 12 years ago, so I'll be having a C-section 2 weeks early.

I've been getting random cramps and twinges for a while, but recently started getting pains down in my hooha, and when I make sudden movements or try to put my knees right together I get a pain right across that whole area, from leg to leg. Guess I've got the onset of SPD, kinda expected it as I had it last time, even if my midwife refused to diagnose it and finally got a diagnosis at 38 weeks from my consultant. My midwife and consultant up here seem much better though, so should get the help I need.

I've been feeling baby fluttering away, especially when I have a big meal or eat something spicy. I don't have much of a bump though because I'm plus sized. I have a big bloated belly up top though, haha. When I lie down, most of the time I can feel a solid mass sitting just under my belly button, but some mornings it's like it completely disappears, but I can still feel fluttering so guess baby is just lying further back.

Got a private scan booked for 11th Jan to find out the sex because NHS Grampian won't tell us, and got my anomaly scan the week after.

Im 15 weeks nearly 16 and dont feel anything.. is that a worry? Im starting to worry. :(

Sorry you are starting to get uncomfortable, I seem to almost always have a constant ache in my pelvis ☹️

think I felt my first ‘kick’ today rather than a flutter. 19w1d today.

how exciting about your gender scan! Do you have any guesses so far?

Sorry you are starting to get uncomfortable, I seem to almost always have a constant ache in my pelvis ☹️

think I felt my first ‘kick’ today rather than a flutter. 19w1d today.

how exciting about your gender scan! Do you have any guesses so far?

I'll cope, everyone around me is super supportive, I'm not allowed to carry anything of weight and hubby even helps me off the sofa when I struggle.
We've had some girl guesses using the Ramzi theory at 8 weeks, and people have had guesses based on other old wives tales. I can't wait to find out, just a shame that I have to pay £75 for privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back