May 2017 Mummies

I hope it works nikki

Just added some pics of me and my son as a baby on my journal to compare against anya

Exciting news!!!

I've just expressed a whole 3.6mls!!

Never had that much!!

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and not just a one off!!

I'm dead chuffed! It's the little things eh?! Literally!! Lol!!

XX

that is great Emily :)

Little dude has crashed on my arm and is fast asleep, so cute.

Aww snowbee they can get really heavy when they crash can't they lol. How much does he weigh now?

That's fantastic news Emily I've asked a quick question on your journal x can't believe they are 1 month tomorrow! How fast! Though I feel like I've been in pain forever with my hips.

Last edited:
He was 9lb 9 at his 6 week check, which feels massive compared to his 6 lb at birth. I'm sure he isbigger already. He is so much more alert now and likes to stare at things a lot more now.

Betty that sounds awful :( How scary. I'm pretty sure I nearly died two days after birth. Everyone missed the urine retention. I couldn't stand up. Two doctors examined me and missed it. Later that night I was in agony and couldn't walk or lie down or sit. I thought I was dying and Dom had to look after Owen. They kept telling me it was normal section pain. 6 hours later we finally got a doctor surgeon. I got two doses of morphine. She still didn't know what was going on. Then another one arrived and could feel my bladder straight away. We watched them remove 2.5 litres but they lied and said 800ml. Now I might end up self catheterising for months :( I'm thinking of complaining, as it's a life threatening illness.

I didn't know you could still wee normally and have urine retention. In alll my pelvic scans even my miscarriage testing ones they tdon't me to empty my bladder before hand and the scans still showed my bladder was full. One scan guy was very mean about it ge sent me to go pee again I voukdnt gt anything out then he accused me if wasting his time as he couldn't do a thorough scan due to interference. But I've been like the for years probably so it can't be as bad as what you two went through!

Betty and Dove, that's awful. The only time I wanted to strangle someone at the hospital was when I still had my catheter. Overall, the care was great, but I was in a lot of pain and I tried to tell them that something was wrong with the catheter. I felt like I had a full bladder and had to pee badly but couldn't. They swore that the urine bag was filling up. The pain continued to get worse, a full bladder and the buildup of wind. They gave me morphene after I started screaming because the pain became unbearable. Once the pain went, my bladder emptied all over the bed. Then they were finally convinced that there was an issue with the catheter. They wanted to replace it. I was like hell no. I managed to get them to just remove it with an agreement that if I didn't urinate on my own by the time my scan came around, that then they could put it in. I wasn't keen on getting up as I was in so much pain, but was off to the toilet before they finished changing my sheets.

Snowbee, they really do put the weight on quickly. Aidan is already 10lbs. I don't have a 6 week appointment, it's not until 8 weeks for me. I think I'm going to take him to the clinic next week to get him weighed. He has his scan to check his kidneys on Monday (small amount of fluid in them before birth), but I'm sure everything is okay as he is weeing all the time. But he's on antibitoics until given the all clear, so hopefully he'll be off them next week.

My dw has just gone back to work and I'm already beyond exhauseted not having her around. Aidan likes to eat a hell of a lot around 11:30-12 at night. Last night he started is feed at 11:30 and was still going at 1:30. I tried puting him down several times but he'd start to scream. Eventually caved and gave him formula. Then he was wide awake, but I refuse to engage with him as I want him to know it's night time. So I cuddled him and eventually hadto put him back on the breast, but this time he was out cold within 10 mins. I was exhausted, but by 2am, we were both sleeping. He was up again at 5:30 and slept again this morning just long enough for me to have some food and a shower. Everytime he sleeps in his crib its a battle for me to choose whether to sleep, eat, shower or tidy a bit. I wish I was comfortable co-sleeping. I'd get so much more sleep if I let him sleep on me. The only time this happens is in the evening when my dw comes home. After we eat, she watches TV and keeps an eye on us as we then sleep on the couch together. I just stick him on the breast and relax. But again, it's usually only 2 hours of sleep. However, he does sleep well in the pram when out.

Last edited:
You can pass some and retain some, which builds up. I passed 200ml and retained 400ml when they did a test the other day. I knew something was up as I was passing the same volume each time.

So best laid plans! Or whatever the saying goes!
We were having a friend over and it was their 30th. I had just fed anya and put her down for her nap so I thought I'd be safe having a tiny bit of wine to toast the birthday. Nope anya wake's up 30 min later claiming to be staving stuck and with no bottles for breast milk yet we did the only thing we could as she was inconsolable and gave her some pre made ready to drink first milk. So on her 1month b day she had 40ml of formula. Goof thinh list she took it really well from daddy my son would never touch a bottle no matter what was in it. Do all is looking good for hubby to feed when I go back to work.

Our photographer sent us a thank you card with a little taster pic: Aidan in my dw's hands. I can't wait to have all of them.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 26
Lovely photo :) Did you get the free Bounty photos in hospital? I'm still waiting for mine.

Bottle feeders - baby has been taking the pre made bottles for newborns. I bought some Tommee Tippee bottles to put milk in but he can't figure out how to suck on them? How do you switch? I want to breastfeed but feel like I've missed the boat.

Exciting news!!!

I've just expressed a whole 3.6mls!!

Never had that much!!

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and not just a one off!!

I'm dead chuffed! It's the little things eh?! Literally!! Lol!!

XX

What pump are you using? The most I managed in the hospital was 12 ml on an electric pump. I'm trying a hand pump at home but the bottle's too big to measure.

I had "Rusty Pipes Syndrome"!

That is with hand expressing.

I'm borrowing a manual pump to try as not tried one of those yet but I'm not holding my breath as I think I just generally can't express much regardless!

XX

Are you still managing to breastfeed though? I had no luck hand expressing.

I've got a sore back from the epidural. Is it normal at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back