May 2017 Mummies

Isn't it amazing, they are proper little people now with their likes and interests.
I can't believe they're all approaching one. It's scary how quickly time goes x

Haven't been on here in ages with the fb group. Wish everyone was on fb, but there is only 11 of us. I love seeing all the pics and updates on there. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

I can't believe how quick this year has gone. The older Aidan gets the busier he keeps me. He started properly walking at 10 months and there's be no looking back. I have to make sure I have something for him to do everyday. He just amazes me. We are still cosleeping and breastfeeding. I thought I would've stopped bf by now, but I really enjoy it and he only feeds a max of twice in the day, so it's mainly night time feeds.

Anyone else getting super emotional? His birthday is just 2 weeks away. No period yet, but I sure feel like I'm on it right now. I've been a blubbering fool this week. It reminds me of when he was 4 weeks old and my dw when back to work. Then I was crying everyday as I missed being pregnant with him and it just being me and him. I didn't want to share him with the world. Now, I'm crying again because I'm going to miss it just being me and him all day. I love watching the little person he's becoming, but I'm really missing the past year. I'm feeling quite lonely too. I miss the various activities we did together and the adult companionship I had. My best friend moved to Devon. Other mums are back to work. We no longer have swimming. And assuming I got the job I interviewed for last week (they are awaiting references), I'll be back at work 4 days a week in June. Whilst I'm excited to watch him group, I'm just simply missing it all, even the craziness of this last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm so ready to get back to work as it's draining finding things to keep him occupied as he's quite inquisitive. I don't know- I guess it's all just hit me. You know they won't be a baby forever, but you're so caught up in the moment that you don't think about it. Now that baby is gone and my little toddler has arrived. I guess I'm also worried that my dw may not want to have a second and that I may never get to experience that first year gain. Although with her being the one to carry the next, should we have another, would be very different. I guess that is hitting me too.

Sorry for the rant of emotions. I just needed to get it out there.

Last edited:
It is a real rollercoaster of emotion isn't it. I hate to think that this might be the only baby time we get, so I'm making the most of it.

Can't believe she's one tomorrow!
This time last year I had already done many many hours of labour (that's enough to make me not get broody lol) I think this tone last year I was doing a belly cast if my bump.
Hubby's snip has worked but he's still having a few issues from it. Wish he never got it done not for wanting more babies but for the pain it put him through.
Anya is crawling and saying hi and bye and mum and dad.
She's crawling and highly mischievous again going to everything she's not allowed.
She's not walking on the floor yet but she will run along the sofa's.
She throws the clothes at us she wants to wear proper little girl lol.
She throws the food she's finished with on the floor.
For presents we are stuck. She doesn't play with baby toys lol
Hubby is back at work Thurs -sat and I do sun - wed.
Just had the money from my nanna's house come through your do I need to decide what to do with that lol.
How's everyone else doing?

We've also sent a card into cbeebies anyone else done that?
Here are some upto date pics.
In other news I'm back to a size 12 still more than the size I was pre- pregnancy but I'm actually liking my curves I now have lol

Attachments

• 20180511_102007.jpg
    20180511_102007.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180430_191156.jpg
    20180430_191156.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180419_145319.jpg
    20180419_145319.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180418_082321.jpg
    20180418_082321.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180302_162608.jpg
    20180302_162608.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Awwwww that's awesome! Well done!

Eleanor babbles complete nonsense constantly and although she says mama and Dada she's not saying it to us yet. She cruises around furniture at a rate of knots and can walk a good few steps unaided too.

We've just swapped her onto cows milk and she loves it and I'm loving not having to sterilise bottles anymore! Woohoo! It also makes me feel a bit sad though because it's her getting more grown up.

For her birthday we got her a nursery rhyme book, a doll and a pop up tent with tunnel and ball pool. We had my mum (dad was away) brother, sil and nephew over for a birthday buffet tea and it was really lovely.

Hubby has had his snip and is due to give a sample now to confirm it's worked. I'm in size 10- 12 clothing and when I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago I was 9st 12lb. The skin on my stomach is still really loose and I think I may have a mild degree of diastasis recti but not too badly I don't think. When I lean back there's a part of my stomach that goes to a point but just after having Ellie my whole stomach looked like a mountain when I leant back so it's definitely improved.

I can't believe that we've had our babies for a year! It's gone so so fast!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back