Maternity towels with wings or without??

lrb

Reaction score
And with aloe Vera or without?? So many things to think about when looking to start hospital bag lol so any help on this would n great! Thanks x

The ones I have look really nasty.

Like old fashioned pads, really thick and long.

If there is no reason why we aren't allowed to use always I think I might get some always ultra night time ones instead.

I just got the normal towels no aloe vera no wings or anything!! To be honest you have to change them so often in first few days you barely have time to think about comfort lol xx

Think its what you prefer hunni tbh wings might hold them in place better

Think they suggest maternity towels rather than normal sanitary towels cos your loss in first few days can be quite a lot (ive had a couple of gushing incidents with girls and had to completly change everything i was wearing and thats with maternity towels!)

Ended up doubling up on the big ole maternity pads too! xxxx

I agree. I change mine so often. If I had ordinary sanitary towels I'd have to change them more often then I do now. I also find the added thickness of maternity towels a bit more comfortable on my stitches.xx

Personally I wouldn't go for any pads that have stuff added, there's no saying what the hormone changes of labour is going to do to the skin and would prefer not to risk any allergies or anything.

I got the maternity pads from tesco, I'm sure I've had smaller duvets lol but if they do the job then that's fine but I've got some tena too in case I'm allergic to them as I am sanitary towels xxxxxxx

Yeah had read there much better than always sanitary towels so would deffo get maternity pads, not sure how many to get tho? Not gonna buy till my 34 week scan when I find out if I'm having a c section tho as won't need them but want to b prepared on what I need to buy if I am having natural labour x

I've got 2 packs to take to hospital but if I need more mum will always pop to tesco and get some. Good idea to wait, they aren't expensive but it would still be a waste of money

I've got maternity ones - no wings or added extras. Got a couple of packs from Tesco and a pack from asda.

You still need pads if you have a section don't you?

I think so hun. It might be a bit less than otherwise but I'm sure you still bleed afterwards.

LRB - sure I've read somewhere that even with a c-section you can still bleed afterwards and so would need some...though if I'm mistaken I'm sure someone on here will correct me!!

I didn't know this! Disnt really think about bleeding like that after a c section! X

I think you need them whichever birth you have... oh the joys!

Even maternity pads not just normal pads? X

You need maternity pads even with a c section. Not the normal ones.

i just have the tesco ones too! they look huge :shock:

I was told in antenatal definitely don't use normal sanitary towels, apparently that plastic feeling can make your stitches get stuck to the pad and you have to soak to get your pad off ewwwwww and owwwwww xx

I was told in antenatal definitely don't use normal sanitary towels, apparently that plastic feeling can make your stitches get stuck to the pad and you have to soak to get your pad off ewwwwww and owwwwww xx

Oh god, that sounds horrific:shock::shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back