Maternity towels with wings or without??

I bough 4 packs of 10 maternity pads. Had my boy last Friday and I'm very nearly on my last pack. Ive not bled overly heavily but with stitches etc I wanted to change more often so as to keep them clean.xx

You still need maternity pads even if you have a section as there are still parts of you that need to come out, :)
I have two packs of 10 within my hospital bag, but thinking I may need more :s x

Your hospital will supply them when your there. I must've gone through 20 before I even went to the labour room but my waters were leaking!

God didn't think this through very well! Thanks girls! Will deffo get some! I have a pack on incontinent pads my mum gave me after an opp she had and said they would work just aswell, are maternity pads as thick as them tho?? X

My best friend had a c-section and bled a lot.....she didn't realise either and a load came away in a hospital lift :shock: when she was going up to see her son in neonatal

Maternity pads are VERY thick - I know some of the strongest incontinence pads are really thick too - maybe similar, but only the really highest strength ones. Personally I would go fr the maternity ones anyway as they're only a pound a pack in Tesco and they are designed for post birth. Xx

Yeah will deffo get some, just thought as they were here I may aswell use them! Maybe I'll keep them for the less heavier days!
Thanks! X

hey hun

i had a emergency c section with my first and you defo need the maternity pads as you stil bleed quite heavy, its your bodys way of getting rid of all the left over crap although you may find u dont bleed for as many weeks as someone who gave birth!! i only bled for 10 days, but with 2nd when i gave birth it was 3 weeks and i agree with some of the other comments that they provide a lot more comfort than normal towels if you have had stitches :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back