I think i have over done babys hospital bag... Need help lol.

eldraW

Reaction score
Well ladies i am getting induced anywhere from 37 weeks so thought i would start doing mine and babys hospital bag and i seem to have an awful lot of clothes for baby, Can someone help me and maybe tell me what i dont need please...

4x Vests.
4x Sleepsuits/Babygrows.
4x Mittens.
3x Hats.
2x Socks.
2x Blankets.
2x Hooded towels.
4x Bibs.
3x Muslin squares.

I know i will probably only need half of this so any input would be great please :).

Thanks xxx

Last edited:
I have almost the exact same in my bag apart from the hat, I've not put that in yet, and I've only put one towel and blanket in. Babys bag is bigger than mine! I'll be interested to see what others say x x x

Ah cool lol. I just thought it might of been a bit too much. What are you taking in regards to nappies and other things also for yourself?

xx

im taking 3 of everything instead of 4: heres what I have:

Pack of nappies
babywipes
sudocreme
vaseline

cotton balls
3 vests Newborn
3 vests 0-3 months
3 sleepsuits Newborn
3 sleepsuits 0-3 months
3 Bibs
Soother and clip
Scratchmits
Hat
1 or 2 Cellular blankets
Snowsuit
Blanket for Car Seat
Newborn + 0-3 month coming home outfit
Baby towel
3 x muslin cloths
baby milk
bottle warmer

Thanks hun... I have all the vests in 0-3 and the sleepsuits are upto 10lb so that should be fine. xx

im taking 3 of everything instead of 4: heres what I have:

Pack of nappies
babywipes
sudocreme
vaseline

cotton balls
3 vests Newborn
3 vests 0-3 months
3 sleepsuits Newborn
3 sleepsuits 0-3 months
3 Bibs
Soother and clip
Scratchmits
Hat
1 or 2 Cellular blankets
Snowsuit
Blanket for Car Seat
Newborn + 0-3 month coming home outfit
Baby towel
3 x muslin cloths
baby milk
bottle warmer

What about your bag? Sorry im been a pain lol xx

Last edited:
Thanks hun... I have all the vests in 0-3 and the sleepsuits are upto 10lb so that should be fine. xx

I have all of the stuff laid out but not packed yet .... some of my newborn stuff is very small so taking bigger sizes just in case. Dont want the newborn stuff to go to waste. Wishful thinking that Im going to have a tiny baby haha!

Ha ha yeah well i know baby was ahead a few weeks ago so im not taking any chances in taking newborn stuff lol. Altho i have already bought some... whoopsy lol xx

I'm taking a pack of nappies, cotton wall balls, baby wipes and vaseline. I've also got a snowsuit in there. My hospital provide baby milk if needed so I've not put any of that in. I can't think of anything else x

Heres what I have in my bag:

Maternity Notes
Birth Plan
Washbag: shampoo, conditioner, facewash, showergel, flannels, moisturiser, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair bobbins, hair band
2 towels (one for body and hair)
4 pairs knickers
maternity pads
warm socks/totes for labour
slippers/flip flops
3 night shirts.
Dressing gown
Phone charger
Camera and charger
Back massager
magicool spray
snacks and sweets
magazines
water/drinks
lipbalm
lavender oil
bendy straws
massage/baby oil
make u
going home outfit
bikini
change of t-shirt/underwear/swim shorts for Andy

Do you ladies feel like your taking alot? I just said to OH i bet i walk into hospital and the midwives will be like jeeze what on earth have you brought lol xxx

Heres what I have in my bag:

Maternity Notes
Birth Plan
Washbag: shampoo, conditioner, facewash, showergel, flannels, moisturiser, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair bobbins, hair band
2 towels (one for body and hair)
4 pairs knickers
maternity pads
warm socks/totes for labour
slippers/flip flops
3 night shirts.
Dressing gown
Phone charger
Camera and charger
Back massager
magicool spray
snacks and sweets
magazines
water/drinks
lipbalm
lavender oil
bendy straws
massage/baby oil
make u
going home outfit
bikini
change of t-shirt/underwear/swim shorts for Andy

Cool thats a great help thanks alot xx

I've not really done my bag yet but I'm going to put a couple of nighties in and a pair of pjs, disposable pants and pads. I'll probably put a pair of trackies in and a couple of tshirts, flip flops, a towel, nursing bra and wash bag.
I'll wait till I'm going to put my ipod and things in as I use these every day and we live 5 minutes away so if I forgot anything my hubby will be able to get it quite quickly.
Theres probably loads I've forgotten! x x x

I know although i feel like i have loads already i still feel lilke i aint got enough if that makes sense lol xxx

I keep thinking Ive forgotten something lol

I just packed mine and baby's bags tonight and my gosh, they are bulging!
I think if I don't go into labour anytime soon and I'm waiting at least another 4 weeks, then I'm probably going to empty and re-pack the bags in a few weeks time.

In baby's bag I have:
Toiletries (Baby wash, Baby oil, Baby shampoo, Baby lotion, Baby talc, Sudocrem, Nail clippers)
1 pack of nappies
1 pack of wipes
A little packet of scratch mittens
5 pairs of socks :S
3/4 bibs
1 Blanket
Going home outfit (baby vest and baby grow, plus matching hat)
2 additional hats
4/5 baby grows
4/5 baby vests
Feeding shawl (wrap it round you when feeding)
A packet of dummies
A pair of newborn booties
1 hooded bath towel
1 baby bath sponge

She'll be wearing a snowsuit when she comes home too, but I've put that in the car-seat, as well as a pram blanket.
So whoever comes back to the house to pick up the car-seat, will pick up her snowsuit and pram blanket too :) Saves me space in the baby bag! Pointless having them in the hospital anyway, I doubt she'll be wearing her snow-suit in the hospital :D

I personally feel like I've put too many baby grows in. About 4 of them are second hand one's off my cousin, I had this idea that if Grace is sick loads or messes her pants whilst we're staying in the hospital, I can just have her wear these second hand one's instead of her nice new one's. I've got a brand new one for her going home outfit and I also put about 1 or 2 other brand new one's that I've bought. Her bag is absolutely full now though! I even had to put her blanket into my bag because there was no room in hers :shock: xxx

If it helps, in my bag I have:

Toiletries (1 Bath sponge, Vaseline, Moisturiser, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Bottle of shampoo/body wash)
Hairbrush
Handheld mirror
Lipbalm
1 Dressing gown
1 Pair of slippers
1 Nightie
Pajama shorts + t.shirt
Pajama bottoms + t.shirt
Bath towels
Face flannel
4/5 Pairs of knickers
4 Pairs of socks
2 Maternity bras
Nipple pads
Maternity towels
Hair bands and hair clips
Carrier bag for dirty washing

I haven't put my going home outfit in yet, I was going to pick something later today :)

I want to take my ipod and camera with me but I'll do that last minute probably :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back