Maternity pads? Normal pads?

evie_smith

Reaction score
Yes I know I'm only 21 + 4 but I want to buy and stock up - what pads would you recommend for after birth? :)

Boots thick ones werr nice for straight after, then just normal ones

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I used maternity pads for the first week or so then normal towels after the bleeding died down!
Xxx

Tescos Maternity until stitches heal enough then normal ones.

I used tesco maternity and then just normal ones x

How good we're these pads? I remember having my others some pads used to curl up and I would leak down the sides into my knickers! I'm worried the same will happen again! X

I used night super absorbant pads. But I had a section and they sailt you bleed less I think....x

I used tesco maternity pads and they were fine for me, no problems.

XX

Maternity all the way, padding was good after the delivery. After a week i switched to normal

I used Boots and Asdas maternity pads (preffered Asda, cheaper too). Don't know if this is correct but the midwife at the hospital told me not to use normal pads until stitches had healed as the coating on normal pads can make the stitches stick to it! Ouchy! I just used maternity pads till my bleeding stopped, super comfy lol. X

I used the thick maternity pads for the first 2 weeks, but I was bleeding quite heavily. (Vaginal delivery and breastfeeding, you bleed more!)

then I switched to thin maternity pads for 2 weeks after. I bled for a long time!

I've gone and bought some asda ones and some from morrisons. We're moving a in few weeks so will pick up some tesco ones when we move as it will be round time corner :)

I liked the boots one last time... x

I stocked up on Boots last time they had 3for2 offer and they were good, same for breastpads

See with Chloe I remember trying the boots, asda and some from body shop and they all circled up - like bunched up in the middle and I bled either side! :-/ maybe it's just me and I have a weird vagina! Lol!!!

Obv they dont have wings so i had old/cheap knickers and changed them every 2 hours or so in the beginning

thick ones for straight after, for extra absorbancy and for padding to protect as you sit down etc.

then when the bleeding lightens I would recommend something like Always with wings and extra long - slightly more comfortable :)

I changed every hour I bleed so so heavy! Humm I have a thought it may cost more but seems the way to go cheap night time with wings and stick a maternity pad on top :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back