Pads...

Hope81

Reaction score
Well we don't have maternity pads here so I will have to use the normal night ones I suppose..
It's probably very individual but I don't know of how many to stock on for let's say 2 weeks? I suppose after that I my be able to go to the supermarket to buy some?
Is the bleeding getting lighter and lighter or you need a huge amount of pads every day?

I had a natural birth and needed a lot!! shame you don't get maternity ones. They were 10 in a pack, I used most of those in first 2 days in hospital! I would say for 2 weeks I needed 4 packs. I guess everyone is different but have a supply just incase!

I had a natural birth and also used alot! Couldn't get maternity pads so I stuck two very thick pads together! I would have soaked straight through a night time pad xx

Oh dear lol!!! I thought its heavy but I couldn't imagine sth like that.
How about those night pads that are not ultra thin ifykwim? Those always pads are very thin but there are some brands that do normal thickness night pads. Will those work or I should order sown maternity ones from uk just in case???

I can get you some if you want hun and send them over? I'll ask DH if he'll send a package out to you (he works for a courier :)
xx

Get very thick ones, slim ones are likely to be uncomfortable. I had to use thick for a week and then switched to normal pads

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dysco you are a sweetie but maybe it's ok like that. I am probably just a spoiled princess here lol. I suppose if Norwegian women survive like that I will too?
I al going to pick Esperanza's brains about what she did with the pads :)
How the hell did our grandmas etc did it without any pads back then??? :roll:

I had a c section and needed a lot I had 4 packs and used them all within 2 weeks but as the ladies say everyone is different xx

Yeah you need the thickness! And big pants so it holds them in lol

Knop thank you, I will look for some thick ones.
Good I hate bleeding in best of the times how I will cope with that for weeks nobody knows lol.
One more random question. Will I have cramps too? I had horrible cramps after a d&c las year, not looking. Forward for this to happen again...

I didn't really, had a few lil ones second week occasionally I thought cos of Bf

Right yes I know about bf releasing oxytocin an can hurt a little bit hopefully will be nth like I had last year... I needed pain medication for those cramps for almost 1 month back then :faint:

The after pains (as you uterus shrinks back to normal size) can be horrid, especially if you bf. I struggled with them last time. But apparently they get worse with each baby and I can't remember them being as bad with my first x

Vicious lol... I suppose if a d&c made me suffer I am in for a great shock with a labour lol...
I better stock on some analgesics...
Thanks cosmo:love:

Yeah, you can take the tough stuff afterwards anyway, so it's not so bad x

I used four packs of ten maternity pads. I used them doubled up for the first two days - the bleeding is mind-boggling at the beginning, and I bled right through two pads together within an hour of birth. And yeah, get big pants to hold them. The bleeding tailed off pretty quickly after that, really. The other thing about maternity pads is that they have a special top surface that isn't plasticky like normal pads, and is much less irritating to sore areas and stitches. I'm now on panty liners lined with some gauze swabs to make the surface softer for my poor, sore lady bits.

I didn't have any pain from my uterus contracting, and it happened very quickly and I was breastfeeding. I guess everyone's different!
x

The bleeding was much less than I expected. After the consultant had stitched up my lala they wedged 2 pads in between my legs and I was laid on a absorbent pad until about 5-6 hours later when someone came to help me sit up. I couldn't move my legs because of the spinal block.

It was most undignified.

But I hadn't made that much of a mess in that space of time and it wasn't constant bleeding really. Though once I started moving about a bit more it got heavier.

I used 2 packs of fat pads and then went on to the thin ones after that.

Oh and I never had any pain either. Though I was smacked up on painkillers for a long time afterwards lol

How much or how long you bleed is nothing to do with what type of birth you have, although you would think a normal birth would be heavier and longer...I had a section 7weeks this coming wed and im still bleeding. i didnt bleed as long with my 2 vaginal births. it was light for 4weeks, heavy for 1week now light again at its heaviest i went through 2 massive nighttime pads at same time every 2hours including during the night and i still leaked. so i would have plenty just incase x

I got thick sanitary towels and they didn't even last a second before my waters drenched them, I would advise strongly to get maternity pads xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back