maternity pads?

Linda

Reaction score
i'm starting to think about packing my hospital bag and wondered which maternity pads you would recommend and how many i should be thinking of getting?

I packed tesco maternity pads and knickers and normal sanitary towels too as I found matwrity pads a bit leaky sometimes and i tryed lots of brands tesco being the better one.

I used the mothercare one's last time and found them to be comfy.
Will get them again this time around :D

i found that mothercare pads were crappy. and the blood seemd to just stay on the surface instead of soaking up..

ive got incontinence pads this time..lol.. nice wide.. long pads

just remember that your post natal bleed is very different for most people compared to their usual periods.. i personally cant say what pads were good.. coz i found them all crap.. i used 2 mothercare ones..at a time.. and then switched to bodyform night pads... and had to change them often.

I got Boots own brand and my mum bought me 4 packs and I already had one pack. That was sufficient - I threw some out.

Thanks,

i was looking at the Tesco ones this morning. i'll have a look at mothercare tomorrow :wink:

I just used kotex ultra night time pads, or whatever they're called.. blue packet. Also, nick as many of the hospital ones as they let you - they're much better!!

I got tesco ones last time and I found them good and will be getting them again this time :)

I bought 4 packs and only had a few left out of them.

i liked the mothercare ones as there the softest but there not that absorbant so i dit go through loads

I went through absolutely loads of mothercare towels but was more bothered about being comfy with a tear, than having super absorbant towels.

I always thought you shouldn't use normal sanitary towels cos the ingrediant in them that draws the moisture into the centre can sting if you've got a tear or stitches? :think:

This thread is bringing it all back! I can remember the feeling of rawness after delivery :shock:

I found Tesco's ones to be the best ones. Stock up on loads of packets I had my little princess on the 28th of November and I am still using them so get well stocked up. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone,

think i might give tescos a try, i can always send oh for mothercare ones if needed.

I used the mothercare slim ones and they were fab, the hospital ones were so think and hard they were agony on my bruised bits. I would think you would need about 5-6 a day in hospital. :puke:

leckershell said:
I just used kotex ultra night time pads, or whatever they're called.. blue packet. Also, nick as many of the hospital ones as they let you - they're much better!!

these were great. You can also cut them in haf and use them as breastpads.

i tried boots own brand they were 3 for 2 at the time
they were very comfy i'd get them if i had another baby

i went thru LOADS- 3 packs every 2 days at first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27