Maternity pads? Normal pads?

And as it is I bleed for 8 weeks constant so can't be much more expensive! Lol

I dont agree with bleeding less after i section. after i had my section i bled 10weeks.
much longer than my 2 vaginal births. its different for everyone.

I got boots maternity towels and loads of nighttime pads.

I bled for 10 weeks after my section too and 8 after vaginal x

I changed every hour I bleed so so heavy! Humm I have a thought it may cost more but seems the way to go cheap night time with wings and stick a maternity pad on top :D xxx

I did this as I always find they leak out the sides. Definitely needed the maternity pad on top of a winged pad for 2 weeks and then onto normal pads.

Ah glad it's not just me. :) that's the way I think I will go then :D xx

I wore disposable knickers with maternity pads for first week as that heavy even after been on drips for blood loss and to stop bleeding. Blood was everywhere even over my legs - had to wash every time went to loo :(

I used boots thick ones straight after for a week, partly for comfort sticking down, then moved to boots thin maternity ones, found they fit my pants better. Needed then for about 3 weeks, I had an episiotomy.

I thought the Boots ones were awful! Asda's little angels were fantastic x

I'm going to get a few from each shop I think :) and then some night or larger winged ones for underneath x

Ohhh gosh i cant wait for this.... :/ !!!!! lolol NOT!

What we have to go through ay!

Just reading over posts, will be stocking up and loads and by the sounds of it doubling up on the pads aswell! AF was always quite heavy so i can only imagine what itll be like after child birth! I just HAAATE pads! feel minging after wearing them.

How long do u have to wait before u can go back to tampons?? x

Last edited:
You have to have your after birth bleed then another period and after that you can use tampons xx

Yea it's because of risk of infection. Specially if you end up with stitches. But they still like you to have a normal period before using tampons. Sometimes you will have a period straight away (4 weeks after stopping bleeding) other times it can take a while. But it's better than getting an infection I'm prone to infection after birth and its really painful so best to follow instructions x

Oh ill defo still to the book and follow what they say. I didnt even know there was special maternity pads, just thought everyone used the normal ones.
Going to have a browse over the next few weeks and see if i can grab a few to start stocking up! Got nearly everything for the baby but NOTHING for me after he's here yet lol xx

They are cheap any way normally £1 for a pack of 10 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back