Maternity clothes, how long did you wait??

bit of advise ladies, buy your maternity clothes early! that way you get more wear out of them. I'm almost 35 weeks and maternity clothes are getting to small for bump lots of people have said they've grown out of maternity clothes by 35-36 weeks.

Didn't buy mat clothes till 20wks so only got 15 weeks of wearing them.
Considering how much they cost wish I'd got them earlier

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Ooh good advice - thanks Em. I feel a shopping trip coming on lol :)

I think after our 12 weeks scan I'll start shopping. :)

Before then I'll stick with leggings and may also get some belly bands that you can fold over trousers etc so you don't need to do them up.

this is baby number 4 - maternity clothes are my normal clothes

ha ha ha ha only joking we have been ttc so have bought little bits in the sales so just when ever they fit lol

At 10 weeks I bought some new work trousers and went up a size due to bloating. The bloating went down and i steadily grew into them properly. For the last couple of weeks I've had to wear them not properly done up and yesterday realised that at my current growth rate by next week I wont be able to do them up at all! So today I dragged my OH to Matalan and stocked up on some proper maternity tops which I can wear with leggings outside of work and some plain black stretchy trousers for work. I wont look my usual smart self but I start my leave in 13 weeks so I dont really care! :whistle:

Well I've just had a nightmare of a day trying to find some maternity jeans :(

My usual jeans still fit, but I managed to rip a hole in them over the weekend! So instead of buying some more normal jeans I decided to get some maternity ones instead- HA!

Went all over town and every shop has told me the same "We don't stock maternity anymore"
What?! We went to Matalan, Dorothy Perkins, Next, Outfit- nothing! We then headed to Mothercare and some complete arse :censored: stole the car parking space we had just patiently let someone out of which resulted in a full blown row resulting in me locking the car doors (to keep OH in!) and me bursting into tears :cry:

We drove back home and OH had to spend 30 mins on the phone to t-mobile just so I could get on the internet as we have no broadband yet (just moved house)

I've finally managed to order some from Jojo Maman Bebe- I hope they fit!!

Someone has told me to go Asda. I need to get some before I got back to work as my uniform issue ones don't fit on the waist and I got recommended there. Xxx

Well I've just had a nightmare of a day trying to find some maternity jeans :(

My usual jeans still fit, but I managed to rip a hole in them over the weekend! So instead of buying some more normal jeans I decided to get some maternity ones instead- HA!

Went all over town and every shop has told me the same "We don't stock maternity anymore"
What?! We went to Matalan, Dorothy Perkins, Next, Outfit- nothing! We then headed to Mothercare and some complete arse :censored: stole the car parking space we had just patiently let someone out of which resulted in a full blown row resulting in me locking the car doors (to keep OH in!) and me bursting into tears :cry:

We drove back home and OH had to spend 30 mins on the phone to t-mobile just so I could get on the internet as we have no broadband yet (just moved house)

I've finally managed to order some from Jojo Maman Bebe- I hope they fit!!

Hi Durham - so sorry your shopping trip was so stressful :wall2: I didn't know a lot of stores have stopped selling maternity clothing, that's really crap . I was planning to look in all of those stores this weekend :-(
Several people have recommended Jojo Maman Bebe to me and their web site looks really good. I also like the clothing from Mamas and Papas so I'm dragging my OH there on Saturday :)

Someone has told me to go Asda. I need to get some before I got back to work as my uniform issue ones don't fit on the waist and I got recommended there. Xxx

Hi Jem :) Yes Asda do have a good selection of maternity clothes - I keep looking at them longingly when I do my weekly shopping lol :)

I got a shock today when I put one of my work blouses on this morning. I haven't worn it for a couple of weeks and it is starting to look rather tight around my boobs and tummy already lol. I thought I would be able to wear it for quite a few weeks longer to hide my increasing waistline but I guess not :shock:

I've given up with clothes and live in leggings and oversized vests.

I haven't worn anything other than leggings in 10 weeks :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

I didn't realise that ASDA do maternity stuff! Our new local supermarket is a huge ASDA!

I didn't realise that ASDA do maternity stuff! Our new local supermarket is a huge ASDA!

Ooh, get down there and have a look - there's not a HUGE range but there's quite a good selection and the prices are reasonable :)

I've been looking at maternity clothes online this afternoon - I have selected about £190 worth of clothes from Next :shock: now all I need to do is find the money to buy them :lol:

Ended up in Asda at lunch time today - bought myself 3 maternity tops and some crop trousers. All for the grand total of £22 :)

Hey everyone,

Just wondered how early you moved into maternity clothes? (if you have already)

I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days but already my jeans and trousers are getting uncomfortable. I find myself can't wait to open that top button when I get in car or get home from work! Feels like heaven! :dance:

I'm feeling so bloated all the time which I don't suppose helps just wondered weather to buy larger trousers or some maternity bottoms with adjustable waistband maybe so they last a but longer?

Before becoming pregnant my weights been up and down, I put on quite a bit going to a large 12 (11stone ish) and then ill diet and go to a size 10, since i last put on weight I refuse to buy bigger clothes because I dont want to stay this size so I just buy things that will fit my either way - since TTC I've only bought leggings or dress that are loose or stretch - i'm not buying maternity clothes - I feel it'll be a waste of money, ill just buy lounge type clothes and loose dresses because then ill wear them after or tracksuit type clothes

I am liking the look of Asos maternity clothes (I haven't bought any yet though) but they're nice, I find some maternity clothes to be rather boring and I am only 24 and a size 10 so don't want to be walking around in unflattering clothes just because of the bump (which I can't wait for) I like some of H&M maternity stuff too...I wish Zara would come out with a maternity range would be perfect - although overpriced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back