Maternity Wear - when will your time be? ;)

jmw1664

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to see who else in the first trimester has already resorted to some comfy maternity jeans or who is doing ok in their usual clothes and who is just trying to stick it out til further along? :)

I have to admit I bought a pair of maternity jeans at 7-8 weeks! Kinda early you might say but I just woke up one morning and my usual jeans were super tight on my waist and although I could just about still do the button up, it was definately feeling uncomfortable. The relief when I first put my new jeans on was amazing! lol

However I am finding it difficult to find maternity clothes that aren't just basics like plain jeans/trousers, t-shirts/long sleeve tops and cardigans...and the main shops and websites that do maternity wear, not sure if it's me but they are bloody expensive! :S

So if any of you have come across both fashionable and budget friendly share share share! :)

xx

I still in my normal clothes but last time I was in maternity wear early and h&m is really reasonable and they do basics like tops cardis leggings and jeans also work wear!

i have resorted to wearing my elasticated waist harem pants or leggings :) jeans are feeling a little uncomfy now dunno why though as i am still super early on in the preg, just glad i have a fair few pairs, may have to invest in more though as in our market place they are only £8 a pair :D bargain if you ask me hehe (and they will still fit afterwards) xx

I'm still in my normal jeans, I just wear button extenders :) They are abit tight but they fit me on the legs better now than they did before lol! I do have maternity jeans too! Hit ebay, you can get some amazing stuff very very cheap!

I'm now in matt jeans. My jeans are just too tight. These are super comfy. A sos have lovely matt wear xx

I'm thinking of buying some stuff - I'm not really getting bigger but I feel sick if my stomach is restricted so thinking comfy is the way forward! Babybo - great tip on asos, am looking now! x

Great to here other ladies stories and advice :)

Am going to start shopping around online just so I'm prepared :) I'm at the stage where I just feel 'fat' lol and with a little bump appearing more every day comfy is the way forward for me right now lol Just want to be able to get some pretty tops that show my bump off rather than make me look like I'm wearing a bin bag at a later stage :D

xxx

No prob mrs b

Matalan also have lovely t shirts.
I got one last summer that said pregnant princess on it!! Can't wait to wear that soon xx

I've already got some very comfy black work trousers from Matalan for only £14. They've got extendable stretchy pockets so don't look too 'maternity' like either :eek:)

I am already in baggy tops and loose dresses, I am so bloated already and really don't want my team at work to find out yet xx

I still have a few pairs of mat jeans from last pregnancy but think I'll be having a look in H&M and ebay :)

Mix my spots, greasy hair and my wide-load/burst couch looks all together and you get me....... Not my most glamorous moment! I've got no hope right now.

I went into Maternity clothes at 6 weeks and I don;t know why on earth people wear normal clothes now lol, it's so comfy, I have 2 pairs of black trousers for work and a pair of jeans.

I got mine from peacocks online and it was great ordered them one day and got them the next...

Just out of interest I tried on my old work trousers this morning and couldn;t do them up at all :)

Last time I didn't go to maternity clothes til 2nd tri, and this time I'll try leave as long as possible again. I threw all my maternity clothes away too, bit gutted lol

i have resorted to living in leggings the last few weeks, but whenever thurs comes around and its time for work the trousers were getting more uncomfortable!! so much so i went to work over the weekend with my trousers undone lol ordered mat trousers now form next to pick up in the morning before my lovey evening shift :)

this is a first for me as previous pregnancies i have not showed til 6 months and managed to get to the end of pregnancy with button extenders

I'm going to get myself some nice comfy maternity jeans soon, i still have a few maternity tops so hopefully i can use them and i'll search for some bargin knitwear tops

i decided to buy at 6 weeks as my jeans were way to tight, i had a hard time finding places but peacocks had nice jeans and mothercare have a buy one get one free on sale and buy one get one half price on all the M2B range
really nice stuff too, super comfy xx

My hint would be to buy Jeans and black trousers for work - Next ones are brill, and then tops and jumpers go to Primark and get them in a bigger size, I have found if you look for Maternity, the price goes up so much.

I wore my maturnity jeans before and after my DS was born and now still wearing them in prep for the next one give it they don't stay up without a belt never did last time. >.<

I'm making do with my top button undone at the moment as I'm still really early, but am so bloated. By the end of the day I definitely have a small bump. Think I might wear leggings and long jumpers and ask for vouchers for Christmas so I can kit myself out in the Jan sales xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back