Maternity clothes AAAARRRRGGHH!!!

Minime

Reaction score
Today I have walked the length of the Trafford Centre - twice in search of the increasingly elusive said maternity clothes. Last year I dropped from a size 16/18 to a 10 so have lots of clothes those sizes but the 16's are useless and look silly on the rest of my frame and the 10's wont accomodate the bulging belly and certainly wont be comfortable to wear for a days work.

So off I set, I mean the Trafford Centre is FULL of clothes shops, bound to have a good selection there.

First stop dorothy perkins, some nice black trousers that will grow with you. In the bag, this will be a doddle. Rows and rows of said same trousers, ok just one pair will do. Jeans, hmmm cant wear jeans for work so off I trot feeling confident. Next stop M&S, I hear they have a sale on. Walked round and round before hassling an already harrassed sales assistant. No sorry we dont do maternity, you need to go to one of our bigger stores :? M&S in the TC is 4 FLOORS, how much bigger does it have to be????

H&M, yes they have a section, OMG what are THOSE??? Do they think that a womans taste in clothing goes out of the window when they become pregnant? Green tights??? Do I look like robin hood?! :shock:
Everything was the baggy casual type, look some women have to work and dont want to feel like they are slobbing around the house when they are working in a professional environment.

Clothes shop after clothes shop after clothes shop, not to mention shoe shops as I want a pair of black sandal type shoes I can wear all day, yeah not a chance! No I dont want wedges, no I dont want 6 inch heels. Grrrrr getting grumpy and tired now.

Find NEXT, now I KNOW they do maternity suits, errr do they? Ive seen them on ebay I know they do. Assistant scratches head and directs me to 2 bedraggled rails of maternity clothes. Jeans, jeans and more jeans. Finally I find some decent smart blouses, half price too.
Do you have any maternity smart trousers then? Dont suppose you have petite? Skulks away feeling like Ive got a serious affliction. Dont any of these places even think to have air conditioning??

I will pray tonight for directions to decent clothes :pray: And maybe some flat shoes but I think thats stretching it.

I got some great stuff in George, Asda...had to go to a big store in Deeside, Wales to get it but got a pretty skirt for work, and some wide leg 3/4 trousers for work, and a pretty blouse....

Primark are doing some FANTASTIC linen 3/4 wide leg collouttes at the mo, for £6, they arent maternity but have a large stretchy waistband which folds down when you are smaller, now I am with a bump the waistband pulls up over it..got a pair in white, a khaki green pair and a red pair which I wear to death in work, they are smart but cool and everyone is commenting on how nice they look. Bargain.. Got two of my pregnant collegues wearing them now too so we look a bit samey but we work on different floors so its not so bad :rotfl:

Sounds stupid....
Did you try Next and M&S at Gemini??
Sure the next there has a maternity section :think:
Never really looked sorry!!!!

xox

I had SUCH problem with this last year. I was a size 10 but in maternity it drowned me as I was all bump, I didn't really get big all over. I had to find stuff in size 8, which looked nice and didn't cost the earth. Hennes was okie, mothercare was pretty rubbish, NEXT was where I got my trousers and jeans from in the end. All the catalogues are too hard to tell from as everyones bumo is so different.

You found the pleasure of maternity bra's yet :puke: :shakehead:

I had a nightmare trying to buy maternity clothes here where i live. The only one shop that i know of that sells maternity clothes is dorethy perkins. Which was ok i suppose last year when i was having Aimee, but this year is more of a problem. They keep all the maternity clothes down 2 big flights of stairs with no lift. So last year i had to climb all the stair while pregnant. This year i have to do it with a buggy. :evil: Makes no sence to me!

I know I had problems finding maternity clothes last year, but this year I have been looking at the online stores for M&S, Next and Dorothy Perkins, and I've seen a few things I think I would like. The only thing with an online shop is you cant try it on but I am sure they will have a good returns policy. You should have a little look there x

Hi

I went to a large city centre m&s and they said they dont do maternity clothes but i had seen them in an out of town m&s store. After going to the out of town store i found some lovely maternity clothes....So keep going!!

SARAH

i love next so i bought most of my stuff from there, is there a bigger next near were you live? or alternativly look at the net.

also try ebay, its great and cheap!!! :D

I went to debenhams!
They are great...they sell the trousers you can alter ..so if you are small make them tighter..as you get bigger make them bigger!
They are fab :cheer: :cheer:

I usually buy off ebay but I need things to start work in next week.

Yeah Sami I saw maternity bras in debenhams and said I'm NOT wearing THAT!!! :rotfl:

New Look have great linen trousers for £15 and yes H&M maternity isn't that good in my opinion but in their regular sections they have lots of floaty tops with elastic bodices and stuff that are perfect for maternity and cheaper too :D

Oh a word of advice..i got some elasticy trousers because they were cheaper..but i grew out of them after a few weeks :shock:
Its a much better idea to pay the extra and get the trousers you can alter because they are still fine for me now, i wasted money on the others :doh:

503b.jpg

I like that outfit from funmum but its a bit expensive but they sell it cheaper on ebay so its all good

I also want a nice pair of maternity dungarees any1 know where to get them from?

wow so much to think about i wll def find this thread will come in handy, i hope not for a little while though!! :lol:

check out additions direct, they are doing more and more stuff, casual, work and evening wear and they are cheap too. Im always against spending fortune on maternety wear that will only be worn for a few months. Plus you get the joy of shopping without haing to leave your house!

check out www.next.co.uk/sale as they do a lot of smarter trousers for work.

BeeckS - I got my maternity dungarees from H & M and miss them like mad, they were so comfortable. I hated going to H & M for maternity cause its usually the crap thats out but there was one I went to that was huge and got a whoole new wardrobe at the time and looked one sexy Mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back