Maternity clothes???

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Don't know about you lot but although I don't have an obvious bump yet I can tell all my trousers are getting tight now and my jeans are so uncomfortable to sit in that I can't wear them for work anymore.

I was shopping at the weekend and bought two maternity skirts and a pair of jeans (they were all cheap in the sale!!). The jeans are a bit big but I think if I wear a belt they should stay up until my bump gets bigger and holds them up. I've also bought some smock tops from Primark a couple of weeks ago so that they are not tight on my tummy and make it obvious that I'm getting fatter.

Have any of you bought any maternity wear yet? If so where would you recommend as a good maternity shop?? Bear in mind that I normally buy from primark and peacocks I need somewhere that is reasonably priced.

Hi Chrissy!! :wave:

My god... was just saying to DH last night the very same! I tend to wear skinny jeans, and now that I am "thicker" around the waist... I wont be wearing them for much longer!

I was thinking of stitching in some elastic into some of my jeans / skirts. What do you think?

I just don't think I can wear maternity clothes yet, and so I have no clue what to put on me at all. It is getting warm here now, so I guess I can put on dresses in the next month or so... but until then, I guess I am just stuck with some very questionable love handles. :rotfl: :rotfl:

For early pregnancy, I bought a pair of maternity tracksuit bottoms from Next - SO comfy and I'm still wearing them now :cheer:

New Look alway's seem to have a maternity sale rail, jeans and combats £8 at the one near us and hoodies for £5.

I've been thinking about having a look round the charity shops, ebay have some good second hand bargains too.

My faves are Next maternity jeans, they offer the same fashionable cuts in maternity wear as they do in the normal ranges. They're probably a bit pricier than peacocks, primark but you'll get your moneys worth out of them I'd say.

I've bought a pair and they are too big really but with a belt on they're not too bad.

I'm just recovering from the flu though and have lost several pounds over the last few days so no need to wear them just yet.

Ani said:
I was thinking of stitching in some elastic into some of my jeans / skirts. What do you think?

I tried that and it wasn't very successful but I'm not very good with a sewing machine.

Bagpuss17 said:
My faves are Next maternity jeans, they offer the same fashionable cuts in maternity wear as they do in the normal ranges. They're probably a bit pricier than peacocks, primark but you'll get your moneys worth out of them I'd say.

I've bought a pair and they are too big really but with a belt on they're not too bad.

I'm just recovering from the flu though and have lost several pounds over the last few days so no need to wear them just yet.

funny you should say that because I did order a pair of next ones and even though I ordered my normal size they were too big for me too so I have to wear a belt with them for now

I was lucky enough to get a load of mat clothes from freecycle that are fab :cheer:

I have brought some boyfriend jeans from next maternity range and I loooove Bump bands for my hipster jeans and T shirts.

Im flashing my bump as it is huge already and I had a flat tummy throughout with my last pregnancy :shock:

My first pregnancy was in 1999/2000 and i didn't have a computer then. Wandering round the high street didn't get me very far. I ended up with mothercare stuff which although is very functional, certainly won't win any design awards!!! Felt comfy but also about 95 yrs old.

Hopefully (if i get that far - fingers crossed) i will def get some stuff from La Redoute and Vertbaudet. Both reasonably priced (La Redoute a little more so) and had some lovely things last year. Havn't dared to look this season yet in case that's tempting fate - i'm only 5 - 6 weeks gone!

I brought Jeans, T-Shirts, Skirts from Peacocks Maternity Range.
And got some tops and wraps from Choice (Discount Store for Next).
Dont no were i'd be without them.

I struggle in stores near me as they dont stock maternity ranges!! People say just buy bigger sizes, but i dont want to look bigger if you know what i mean.

No, you don't want to look like you're wearing a tent do you...lol

La Redoute and Vertbaudet are both french companies which are on the web. La Redoute in particular have almost always got some kind of sale on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back