Married ladies I need your help!!!!

MrsR

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting wed this year and I'm just wondering if there's anything I definately should get or definately shouldn't get? Obviously dress, suits, rings, bridesmaid dresses etc but anything else? Also what was your first dance to? x thank you in advance x

I'm not married yet but we're planning. Our 1st dance is going to be to desree kissing you! It's my fav song!

My main advice is to make sure you do what you and OH want and try not to worry too much about pleasing everyone else (a mistake which I did). When I was organising the wedding I was obsessed with all the little details, like favours, table decorations, table layout, guest book, etc. etc, but on the day none of it really mattered to me, but the room did look nice!

As for first dance we struggled, I really really wanted Cheek to cheek by freddie astaire, and wanted to get dancing lessons to be able to do it justice - another thing which I would have become obsessed with, but OH wasn't having any of it, and thought it would be embarassing. So I then wanted Your song by Elton John but OH doesn't like him, he wanted something by Queen which I though wasn't appropriate as it had homosexual undertones!! Our other choice was Sail away by david gray but OH's cousin had that at her wedding a few months before ours, so couldn't have that, so we eventually settled on Rule the world by Take that obviously my choice but OH didn't mind it, then we had Kylie two hearts, and as a closing song we had one more night by Phil Collins.

Happy wedding planning. xx

Hey, I got married June 2007, I arranged it all. I decided that I wanted my bridesmaids to have a dress they could use afterwards

bcded1bf-2f24-9ce2.jpg

My cake was a m and s one with ribbon that my mum added. Was a bargain £60!

bcded1bf-2f59-28fb.jpg

I used fake flowers, I was on a tight budget, but it's nice to still have them now to show Isla.

Don't buy things that say "wedding" on them as they usually cost more than something similar. Negotiate your wedding ring cost as well, they always do a discount if you ask. (I'm an ex jeweller)

Also have fun!! It's the best day of your life, so if it all goes wrong the most important thing that needs to happen is that you get married. If the weather is pants, cake is mushed it's all irrelevant, iykwim xxxx

Oh my first dance was Angels Robbia williams x

Aw thanks x my OH's very easy going so, for example, I asked him what colour suit he wanted and he told me to pick! His answer to most things is, as long as you're happy I'm happy!

We're on a strict budget so I'm trying not to get bogged down by all the 'gimicky' stuff that's available!

Wow that looks amazing for a m&s cake! I'm considering making mine! Or getting my sis to make it! We are only having 2 bridesmaids and a page boy x

You all look gorgeous!

I organised my own wedding completely, and on a budget of like £3,000!!

Have you booked a venue yet?

Our first dance was Bryan Adams .. Amazed

Flowers :)
I did my own all if them Inc guests and tables for £35

And I did my own cake let's see if I got pics ...

instead of a guest book i did a guest picture and everyone wrote their message on a extra wide border and its displayed in my hall rather than in a book in a box under the bed lol
also i had fake flowers alot cheaper and you can keep them :)
i also shopped around for dresses and got them cheaper that the big bridal stores
i made my own cake and all my own favours invites place cards ect which saved me a fortune :)
weddddd.jpg

wedddd.jpg

wed55.jpg

f.jpg

The bouquet and the button holes I did dif for men and women and there is the cake and table flowers

5ac9a7a3-36b8-9da2.jpg

5ac9a7a3-36c3-fbb4.jpg

5ac9a7a3-36cf-410d.jpg

You will have to excuse the state of me I was 7 months preggers with gastric flu! Lol

our 1st dance was diana ross when you tell me that you love me

Oh and don't rely on other people my "maid of honour" was ment to get me cars so I used the money I was gonna use for something else and a few days before the wedding she phones up and says I'm sorry I can't afford it but she had promised me god knows how Many times before hand it was already booked! Her brother did my wedding DVD too in 2008 and I still haven't got it or seen it for that matter!!!

Are first dance was lady in red it's very special to me as it was played for me when I was little for my birthday on a video tape and when ever my fam hear it try automatically think of me :) my hubby didn't know this but he picked it anyway was so happy x

I'm not getting married until 2013 but our 1st dance is to shania twain, from this moment

Also got a £2,000 dress & £140 veil for £500 cos they've only been worn once :)

xxx

Oh and don't rely on other people my "maid of honour" was ment to get me cars so I used the money I was gonna use for something else and a few days before the wedding she phones up and says I'm sorry I can't afford it but she had promised me god knows how Many times before hand it was already booked! Her brother did my wedding DVD too in 2008 and I still haven't got it or seen it for that matter!!!

oh no what a shame my mum told me on her wedding day their friend did the photography only he forgot to put a film in the camera :(

Oh no! I wasn't too bothered about photography as my fil was a photographer in his day and he used to be a chef haha so we saved a load of money lol! All the good pics r in are sign book we also put people pics on the left side and they wrote on the right :) so much better than any album you can buy from the shops :)

Oh no! I wasn't too bothered about photography as my fil was a photographer in his day and he used to be a chef haha so we saved a load of money lol! All the good pics r in are sign book we also put people pics on the left side and they wrote on the right :) so much better than any album you can buy from the shops :)

that sounds good :) most people just end up throwing their guest book in a box and it always seems a struggle to get people to sign just a book i love my picture i see it everyday and it reminds me what a beautiful day it was and how much i love my husband :)

In the book I also wrote a to
My husband thing and he wrote a to my wife page so we can look back and see how happy we was on the day so if were ever angry at each other it makes us appreciate what we have x

In the book I also wrote a to
My husband thing and he wrote a to my wife page so we can look back and see how happy we was on the day so if were ever angry at each other it makes us appreciate what we have x

aww i wrote a poem in my husbands card :) it made alot of people cry haha what we like soppy buggers heee hee

We got wed June 2007 and spent 15k! Makes me feel sick knowing we spent that much! We couldve done it a lot cheaper.

We had 4 bm's. Wish I just stuck to my best friend. Flowers I think you could easily get away with silk. (your bouquet is for life then!) The buffet in the night well, what a waste! We had a BBQ on and catered for everyone..well not everyone turned up and some people left early from the day so there was LOADS left over! Stationary I would think about making your own if you can. Favours, most people left on their tables. We hired a chocolate fountain, not many people tried it. So yeah I wouldn't go overboard on extras or little details. Best investments for me was the photographer and videographer!

Oh we had Aaron Neville and linda rondstat - don't know much but I know I love you for our first dance but the dj didn't have it so we had to have something else instead! (shania twain -from this moment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back