Married ladies I need your help!!!!

I was quite lucky as my grandmother is a florist, so that was the flowers covered, and a family friend made my cake (i was going to do it myself but they wouldnt let me lol)

Favours are dead easy to make yourself, and cheap too ... ebay, ebay, ebay!!

I planned and budgeted well, i considered what was important to us, and what was not so important, for us, things like cars wernt important. I went in my step dads Mercedes and OH went in his friends Cosworth. Not worth spending hundreds IMO for a 5 minute ride :lol:

We got married in 2007 and spent prob about 13k but that includes a 6k honeymoon! We saved for it because i vowed i was not getting into debt for one day!! We didn't have a nightime buffet as I thought it was a waste so we invited everyone for the whole day. We danced to Eric Clapton, wonderful tonight :)

Def the biggest thing is, just do what you want and don't worry about anyone else! It's hard though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not getting married until 2013 but our 1st dance is to shania twain, from this moment

Also got a £2,000 dress & £140 veil for £500 cos they've only been worn once :)

xxx

That was my 'signing the register' song at my wedding. I arranged my wedding for less than 3000 in 3 months! I asked the bridesmaids to buy their own dresses,got personalised favour boxes from studio cards really cheap. Used my aunties makro card to buy wine and champagne for reception.
We had a sit down meal in the function room of a pub just for family and close friends then invited every1 else to evening do-that saved loads of money but it's all about personal preferences. Xx

Evie how did you make your flowers etc? It's really great knowing people have done it for 3k, we have 4k to spend but if we could do it for less then that's more money to the kids (we're giving them £250 each to begin with). That saving for the dress is amazing! I'm not precious about having a brand new dress x

Oh and the wedding venue is sorted-it's our church and the rev is waiving the church fees so we only have to pay for the diocese fees x

I'm getting married in March and we have probably spent 15k, including the honeymoon
which makes me feel awful knowing it can be done for SO much less!
X

It's such a beautiful song & always gets me :)

We don't need to worry about cars as our venue is 10 mins from where we live & they have a bridal cottage so I can stay there the night before & night of wedding

We are getting married on a Thursday just before the Easter bank holiday so we get at half the price & guests only have to take the Thursday off work & still have 4 days to recover

We've found a wholesalers in Wimbledon & the drink is mega cheap, bottles of beer for like 61p & bottles of wine for a couple of quid

With the caterers we have been able to get a mid week discount & our canapes are being done as a gesture of good will & we aren't being hit with the VAT increase as we booked early

I found my stationary but the invites are £5 EACH but I've been able to source everything I need & make them for just over a £1

I'm making my favours, homemade butterfly chocolates & they will have popping candy in them & every guest will have a hand written poem

Our honeymoon will be in Turkey, our favourite place in the whole world so value for money & can go for 3 weeks & still a fraction of the cost of normal honeymoons

My OH works with a guy who's an amazing amateur photographer so he will be taking our photos & will just provide an online gallery for guests & all photos on a CD for us so we can sort out our wedding album so can make it more personal & costs so much less

Erm.......can't think of other money saving ideas just yet

xxx

It's such a beautiful song & always gets me :)

We don't need to worry about cars as our venue is 10 mins from where we live & they have a bridal cottage so I can stay there the night before & night of wedding

We are getting married on a Thursday just before the Easter bank holiday so we get at half the price & guests only have to take the Thursday off work & still have 4 days to recover

We've found a wholesalers in Wimbledon & the drink is mega cheap, bottles of beer for like 61p & bottles of wine for a couple of quid

With the caterers we have been able to get a mid week discount & our canapes are being done as a gesture of good will & we aren't being hit with the VAT increase as we booked early

I found my stationary but the invites are £5 EACH but I've been able to source everything I need & make them for just over a £1

I'm making my favours, homemade butterfly chocolates & they will have popping candy in them & every guest will have a hand written poem

Our honeymoon will be in Turkey, our favourite place in the whole world so value for money & can go for 3 weeks & still a fraction of the cost of normal honeymoons

My OH works with a guy who's an amazing amateur photographer so he will be taking our photos & will just provide an online gallery for guests & all photos on a CD for us so we can sort out our wedding album so can make it more personal & costs so much less

Erm.......can't think of other money saving ideas just yet

xxx

Wow some great ideas! Thanks!

I went to a £25k wedding a while ago and it was horrid compared to a £5k wedding I went to afterwards so I know money isn't everything x

No probs :)

Defo agree with the other girls though, do what you want to do & consider what's most important to you that way you know what you can then splurge on

Happy planning

xxx

Oh and the wedding venue is sorted-it's our church and the rev is waiving the church fees so we only have to pay for the diocese fees x

We didn't have to pay church fees either as my mum works for church of Scotland :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not married yet but we're planning. Our 1st dance is going to be to desree kissing you! It's my fav song!

I walked down the aisle to this - beautiful song. Our first dance was to the candlelight version of Heaven

So exciting getting married - sooooo jealous!!!! x x x

I'm so excited to get married in our church! Just figuring out now if we should have a reception or just a family meal! Need prices first! Lol x

My advice is like somebody else said... please yourselves, don't try and please everybody else cos you won't! And dont get so blind drunk you don't remember the reception *blush*

He he x my sister said that too! X OH's gone picking up the rings now! :-D

Just had email from the rev and he's popping up this week with the forms for us to fill out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back