• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*March and April mums and babies*

It's nice to see all these little ones are the same, bless em! I'm feeding on demand at the moment, but it's easy with the kids off school, so I don't have to be awake at 6am to get them sorted and out the door. When they go back to school though it will be harder, so I'm going to start waking him in the evening to get a bed time routine going. The rest of the time I will feed on demand but really want to start a routine for him :)

Demaris it's the opposite for me - will be harder now when my oldest is at home, he needs lots of attention! :-/ tricky!

Oliver is bottle fed so it does make it a bit easier but bloody hell he has become sooo greedy, I didn't want to give him more than what he was getting as he has one every 3 hours but in the end the screaming was just awful! so I gave him an an extra ounce in his 11pm bottle and ended up sleeping for 4 hours last night! :shock: might just be a one off that he did that but god it felt so good lol

he also had his 6 week check yesterday and he is doing great the Dr said :dance: I've book his first lot of injections for 2 weeks time, dreading that! anyone else have to have the BCG done or is that just in London? xxx

How much does Oliver have Chrissie? Oscar is a hungry boy, he can easily have 4oz of breastmilk every 3 hours! Glad I have the supply lol.
He's so clingy today, I lay him in my lap instead of my arms and just cried, I'm stuck with him in my arms and OH has had to go out for a few hours :( really feeling overwhelmed xxx

We've been waiting in all day for the midwife, and as a result missed the lunch out with our antenatal group that was planned. Reuben dressed up nice and smartly for the occasion (to impress the ladies of the group) and his efforts were wasted, so we thought we'd show all his forum friends instead!

20150402_140537.jpg

Was half way through typing this when midwife arrived!!

Reuben has gained an impressive 85g! The little porker! We are finally on the right track! I'm so pleased.

How much does Oliver have Chrissie? Oscar is a hungry boy, he can easily have 4oz of breastmilk every 3 hours! Glad I have the supply lol.
He's so clingy today, I lay him in my lap instead of my arms and just cried, I'm stuck with him in my arms and OH has had to go out for a few hours :( really feeling overwhelmed xxx

He has 4oz every 3 hours normally but lately it doesn't seem to be filling him up at all so I gave him 5oz last night for the first time at 11pm and it settled him for 4 hours, gonna see how he gets on with the 4 but if he keeps on screaming for more I think I will make all his bottles 5oz, I know how you feel when you just can't put them down too xx

Last edited:
Oh my goodness that fox jumper and those booties!!! How adorable!!!! Glad to hear that he's put weight on Podpie :)
To be honest Chrissie, Oscar can have 5oz sometimes but I don't see the harm in it. They need to grow and if they need a bit extra then that's fine :) especially if it means an hour more of sleep lol.
I posted my birth story in 3rd tri if anyone is interested, but it is pretty long! Xxx

Gorgeous boy! So glad you had a good weigh in, we have another one tomorrow, hoping for similar result! Zach has certainly been guzzling today! X

Loving the jumper & little. boots Podpie! Very cute! X

How's everyone doing? Anyone managed to DTD yet? Jay jumped me last night- which was a pleasant surprise as I've been feeling so yucky about myself! Was absoloutely terrified it would hurt but luckily it didn't! Wasn't til after we realised we hadn't done it for 10 months! X

Congrats on the weight gain podpie!
Its re weigh day for Jenson today! My little 5lber had better having done some growing! Or we will have to start considering formula top ups as im getting barely anything from expressin to top up with! Hes fed for most of the night so fingers crossed xx

Hey ladies, glad to see you are all doing well and all those hungry babies out there lol! I find it so hard to catch up on here.
Last night was the biggest success ever, feed at 9pm then he fell asleep, feed at 2am then he fell asleep, and now a feed at 7am. He went 5 hours in between im so so so happy! I find Jake is the same he gets sleepy late afternoon but last night he was more awake. It clearly helped as only waking once in the middle of the night feels amazing!!
Jake is 5 weeks today but we upped his bottle at about 3-4 weeks oldfrom 4oz to 5oz. He kept wanting more and they say feed on demand so we upped it. As long as he isn't sicking it out then it's all good :). Plus half the time he leaves a small bit anyway but for those times when he's extra hungry it's there if he wants it. We also changed the Dr Browns teat to a level 2 a couple weeks back. Although it says 3m+ he was falling asleep with the number 1 teat. I googled it and it said a common problem. Health visitor said its fine so all good! He is doing so well I'm so pleased and proud :).
Have any of you had your 6 week checks? What happens? I've got to go alone and to the health visiting 6-8 week check as well. I hope there is no screaming lol xx

Oliver had his 6 week check and he hated it but I only have to strip him for him to go nuts lol they check their reflexes, measure head and length, check eyes, chest, nose, they do that hip thing that they really hate! And check their bits, he pretty much screamed the whole way through it! They will ask how u are doing and ask u about contraception xx

I'm giving Oliver 5oz all the time now too.

Oliver was also booked for his first lot of injection s in 2 weeks, dreading that!

JNo DTD here GF, I've got my first period since having him already and its really awful ugh! Good luck Em x

Last edited:
DTD? ?!! Hahaha. Baby won't be out down for a second and won't sleep at night. We're not even in the same room at night! !
Plus I no longer have a functioning vagina :( I'll need surgery this time I think. Booo.
We've been discharged from MW within the 14 days which I'm so happy about. He put on 225g in 5 days over the weekend! ! Having the TT done has made such a change. He's full of cold though :(
Still getting lots of visitors etc and not having much time to ourselves. All of OH family here this week so not getting much family time at all :( Although it is lovely to see them!

Xxx

I would love to DTD, OH is so handsy atm which is nice when I feel so lousy about myself lol but don't think it'll be for a while, need to be careful because of my infection. Xx

Anyone had their first period since having your LO? got mine yesterday and OMG it's super heavy, going through pads like there is no tomorrow and I'm wearing 2 pads at a time (sorry tmi) but god it's awful, I have hubby's friends over today too and I have to keep going to the toilet to change, it's truly awful and the cramps!! :wall2:

Aww chrissie bad luck!! I had a horrible moment yesterday I thought I was starting but it was just a one off clot.
No way ready to dtd, I can still feel my stitches!

So great news this morning, zach has gained 140g since Monday!! Woo!!another 2oz then we are back to birth weight. Sooo happy!! One more appointment next Friday then we should be discharged from midwife team.

Hope you get a good result today too em.
Xx

Didn't do DTD yet - stitches haven't disolved yet. Would like to try soon ish though - OH is missing it, I can tell.

Thanks Chrissie.
Did you have 2 appointments? I have a 6-8 wk with the doctor for me and Jake on 15th Apr, and the 6-8wk for Jake with the health visitors the day after. I'm not sure if I'm meant to have one before the other? Both of them will be when he is 6 and a half weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back