• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*March and April mums and babies*

Hey ladies, sorry I've not caught up much. Can you add me to the list please?

Jensen Oliver born 21/3/15 8lbs 3oz!

I've been quite poorly after my lovely home birth. Been in and out of hospital with right sided abdominal pain, nausea and extreme lethargy. After ruling out all the suspected causes I'm now home and told to rest. It could be a grumbly appendicitis or just a viral infection.

Jensen is doing well, only lost 4% of his birth weight and is feeding well, although I've got too much milk...... Not easy to deal with as milk pours out everywhere, out the side of his mouth and pours out his nose when he is feeding, I'm regularly engorged and have a really painful letdown! I soak my sheets and go through Breast pass every hour! I really want it to settle.

Hope Reuben gains some weight soon Podpie, I would have thought getting the tounge tie sorted will help.

Hope your all ok. X

Podpie babies with TT use alot more energy trying to feed then those who feed normally. I bet you find the weight gain will shoot up now :)
Tiggy I'm so sorry to hear you've been poorly. I hope you are better very soon. Can't empathise with the oversupply - were struggling here massively with bed latches and poor supply as a consequence :( but I expect it will settle soon for you. I have stupid crappy tiny boobs!

Sleep is still a stranger to us but at least we're all in the same room now :)

X

Tiggy oh dear this sounds tough :( hope you start feeling better soon!

I had too forceful milk flow last time and found that feeding my lo while lying on my back with him on top of me helped. Just a thought x

Wow i have only just found this thread! I have a lot of catching up to do when Jake is asleep x

Tiggy oh dear this sounds tough :( hope you start feeling better soon!

I had too forceful milk flow last time and found that feeding my lo while lying on my back with him on top of me helped. Just a thought x

Thanks hun yes we have to feed lying down but it still just pours out of his nose, he doesn't do the regular suck swallow pattern once he gets the letdown from his quick sucks, it's just swallow gulp swallow gulp swallow gulp so it means he has a lot of wind. I did try delatching him when I get my let down and catch it in a muslin but literally that'll be about 2 oz of milk in a couple of mins so surely if I feed after that it's just going to stimulate my supply more?

I had it bad with my first baby but he didn't show signs of struggling till he was 3-4 weeks old when he started refusing the Breast and I'm desperate for it not to as bad this time around,

Hope you ladies are all ok.

Tiggy hope it calms down soon... There are so many things that often don't go to plan with breastfeeding aren't there - too much milk, not enough milk, bad latch, tongue tie, mastitis... and all the books make it sound like the easiest thing ever!

Tiggy hope you feel better soon and will add baby Jensen :)
I'm in hospital with a suspected infection :( thrilled to have to come back to the hospital, Oscar has found it hard to settle while we're here with all the noise and lights, bless. Hoping the latest ill be home is tomorrow morning, having iv antibiotics for 24 hours xxx

Aww cakey hope you feel better soon. It's not nice being in hospital. I spent all day sat and Sunday morning in hospital and I just couldn't relax. Jensen just slept through everything but I was too weak to do anything other than just feed him.

Really hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Xxxx

Oops only just found this! Will catch up with the thread later :)

Can you add me please Cakey; baby Jago Graham O'Connor born 17th March weighing 8 lb (yes it's different than what we were told the hospital even messed this up!)

Xx

Hope you ladies feel better soon!!

Weigh in this afternoon went better! Gained 20g, not a lot but better than nothing! A lot happier now. X

Glad you have some weight gain nicknaknoo. Hopefully it should pick up.

Well I've been back at the drs with a temp of 39. Dr isn't convinced it's a viral infection as I have no coldy or flu symptoms and no diarrohea or sickness. Have had a few more tests done and got to go back tommorow for more observations and possibly some antibiotics even though they don't know where infection is coming from. I feel dreadful. X

Milania was weighed in hospital on Friday & she was 8lb5oz! 6lb1oz birth weight.. That's over 2lb weight gain in 5 weeks! It's crazy! She's not chunky with it though & is still fitting early baby stuff (up to 6lb on label) & newborn/up to 1 month. She's not very long, Not put anything 0-3 on her yet as it absoloutely swamps her! She must have hollow legs because she's putting it away like no ones business! Jay said he felt left out and not able to do a lot as I'm Breast feeding so we bought a pump. Problem is I now have far too much milk- and he's now complaining that I either have a baby or a pump attached to my boobs! Men- never happy unless they are complaining!
MIL giving me real trouble as well. Think she thought I was having this baby for her because she's complained that I won't leave the baby with her, haven't involved her enough, & moaned because whenever I see them I can't stay long as I have to get back to feed the baby as I won't feed in front of his dad!! Can't win with this family I tell u!! Xxxx

Sounds like you have a thriving baby gf! Great news!
Your Mil sounds like a nightmare, but we knew it was coming from everything from before. Hope things get better soon... Sure tell Jay he can do all the nappies so he doesn't feel left out!!! ;-p

Just finished a feed and feel like posting, we started Zach on infacol tonight and the difference is amazing already. It's supposed to take a few days to take effect but he seems to be a different baby already it is fabulous!! Anyone with a windy baby needs this!!

Anyway, going to try and get back to sleep now before my body thinks it is morning already. X

Feeling really down today, had an awful night with Oliver, he screamed from 10pm until 2am, nothing I did would make him stop, in the end I just sat there crying with him, I feel like such a rubbish mum :(

He always seems to get bad around evening time but last night was just awful, I've started infacol now, hoping that will help as his tummy was very hard so I'm guessing wind? dunno why but I just felt so upset last night by it all :(

Sounds familiar chrissie!! Hope the infacol works!! X

My friend recomended Biogaia Infant drops and said it really worked for her daughters colic. It just takes few days to start seeing the difference. They are on the pricey side but maybe worth trying.

Awww Chrissie you are a fab mum! Jake kept crying in the evenings so started him on infacol and it's worked wonders for him so hope for the same for you xx

Oh Chrissie :-( don't get upset xx I started Milania on infacol from the moment she was born, but I give her an extra dose of dentinox before bed as she has really bad colic & that really helps! Tastes vile mind! X

Sorry im a bit slow joining!,Its been a busy week! my 12th of April due date baby Jenson Jonathon was born a week ago today! on the
25th of March
He was 5lb 13ozs born and dropped to 5lb 1oz which is over their 12% guideline but we've persevered with exclusively breastfeeding and hes been re weighed today so fingers crossed he will have gained some weight!
Hope youre all doing well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back